• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

image.png

Thanks for posting this but Meltzer basically just summarized the Helwani interview and Comic Con panel. There's nothing new in there. He just stole everything from those interviews and put it in one long ass post. Fucking Meltzer lol...
That's exactly what he does through and through. He hinks he gets charged by he word like Dickens.

strobogo

Banned
I have $50 in Amazon gift cards. Giving serious consideration to buying the Foxhound messenger bag even though I have no use for it. Also thinking of a cheap car stereo for MP3 players/USB sticks, but any for $50 or lower seem to not last very long.

Striker

Well, Cleveland started a "Cleveland sucks" chant and produced The Miz and his family, so I'm not sure how to use them as a barometer for anything.
http://youtu.be/zpRO-yyyuuk?t=1m

They were saying "Steelers suck" (NFL team that plays in the Cleveland Browns division). King is just hearing things like he commonly does.

The commentary ripping on the city during the match is pretty typical. I'm guessing it's Vince feeding everybody the lines because it's not MSG or Los Angeles.

G-Fex

I have $50 in Amazon gift cards. Giving serious consideration to buying the Foxhound messenger bag even though I have no use for it. Also thinking of a cheap car stereo for MP3 players/USB sticks, but any for $50 or lower seem to not last very long.

buy some WCW branded walkie talkies for us to use Stro.

Limit

Has it ever been revealed who Meltzer's sources inside WWE are? It must be someone high up in chain because he always has info about where all storylines are heading towards.

Rapstah

Has it ever been revealed who Meltzer's sources inside WWE are? It must be someone high up in chain because he always has info about where all storylines are heading towards.

Several wrestlers as well as several people in creative. I don't know how he establishes his connections.

strobogo

Banned
Boy, that whole thing with having ADR dump Ricardo so RVD would have a manager right before he was going to leave for an undetermined amount of time sure was a well thought out idea. It didn't do shit for any of them. ADR didn't get more over as a heel, RVD didn't get more over as a face or get any added personality, and Ricardo was doing the same thing and is now a Spanish announcer on PPVs and doesn't even sound like he speaks Spanish.

Ithil

People have asked him this a lot of times, and he always dismisses the idea of a "big source" in WWE as silly. He says he talks to dozens of different people up and down the company to put together his reports.

He's been around for 30 years and the Observer is famous in wrestling, so I imagine quite a few wrestlers and writers are eager to give him scoops. Sheer longevity and effort means he knows a ridiculously large amount of people in wrestling and MMA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Observer is real work, it's not just an aggregate of dirtsheets. Observer is the TRUTH.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Via kind twitter-friend STRIGGA,

"According to Dave Meltzer, the WWE offer Prince Devitt has on the table is for an immediate main roster position. #NJPW"

When the hell is RDV The Whole Show F'n even coming back? I thought he'd be a surprise Rumble entrant for schizzle. I actually enjoyed his last 3 month run. Dude can still go.

Ithil

Via kind twitter-friend STRIGGA,

"According to Dave Meltzer, the WWE offer Prince Devitt has on the table is for an immediate main roster position. #NJPW"

The biggest risk with going to WWE now, is that you're given a developmental contract that pays peanuts, with the hope that it will go well in WWE and you'll make it to the main roster to make good money (or amazing money if you become a real star).
That offer totally bypasses that risk, so I would take it in a heartbeat.

Limit

People have asked him this a lot of times, and he always dismisses the idea of a "big source" in WWE as silly. He says he talks to dozens of different people up and down the company to put together his reports.

He's been around for 30 years and the Observer is famous in wrestling, so I imagine quite a few wrestlers and writers are eager to give him scoops. Sheer longevity and effort means he knows a ridiculously large amount of people in wrestling and MMA.

Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

strobogo

Banned
The biggest risk with going to WWE now, is that you're given a developmental contract that pays peanuts, with the hope that it will go well in WWE and you'll make it to the main roster to make good money (or amazing money if you become a real star).
That offer totally bypasses that risk, so I would take it in a heartbeat.

Seems offensive to bring him in right to the main roster when they keep someone like Generico in NXT and never brought Chris Hero up. Especially as he's a small guy and it isn't like he's going to get some kind of big angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom