• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP also. I don't give Mr. Sangmen enough credit.

PWG NEEDS to book their shows with some restraint. It's stupid to build shows like that. I don't care how used to the fans or or what they've come to expect. You have to have pacing on a show, both for the audience and the wrestlers

Clearly that isn't the case, as PWG are having more success in recent years than any other point in their history. Sure, it's not for you, but for people who are actual fans of current indie wrestling, PWG's pretty highly regarded.

BronsonLee said:
The breakneck pace and absurd madness is what made PWG what it is now, not anything else. That's not going to change.

This. I'm not even the biggest fan - I doubt I'd be able to sit through a show like that live, as I can barely make it through PWG DVDs in two sittings, but that 'crazy mix of talent from all over the US trying to out-do each other and steal the show with every match' style is what's made PWG so popular in recent years.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh god. This shit is a work.

We're all marks! ALL OF US!

pnTfozW.gif
Of course it's a work. I can't believe you guys can't see this.

Ithil

Then, when Punk returns for a final year's run before retirement, and finally main events WM, they will discontinue that DVD and release "The Wonderful Career of the Admirable Best In The World CM Punk".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am looking forward to seeing how fat Punk will be in 6 months. It's gonna be awesome.

Zep

Banned
So after reading the smackdown spoilers, is it safe to assume that
christian will mysteriously get his ass kicked in the coming weeks and be unable to perform at EC...Giving us Brock.

Sounds about right.

Kaladin

So after reading the smackdown spoilers, is it safe to assume that
christian will mysteriously get his ass kicked in the coming weeks and be unable to perform at EC...Giving us Brock.

Sounds about right.

Except it won't be mysterious, it will be a 15 minute segment with no babyfaces trying to stop it.

February promises to be an interesting month, given how WWE reacts to everything that's happening in this month.

Meanwhile, I will lament the loss of Punk with a sad Metallica song...

♪ Now that Punk is gone
Bryan's One
Oh God, help him

Hold my breath as I wish for "Yes"
Oh Vince, main event him ♪

Carnby

So because of Batista we had a bomba of a Rumble, Bryan isn't main eventing Mania, and CM Punk quit.

Thanks Batista.

jred2k

So because of Batista we had a bomba of a Rumble, Bryan isn't main eventing Mania, and CM Punk quit.

Thanks Batista.

Its going to get even better. People will tune in Monday night to find out whats going on with Punk and they can then chalk it up to Batista popping ratings.

Kaladin

If Bryan isn't main eventing Mania, I'd much rather see him vs Triple H. Even if they shoehorn HBK as ref (which is likely), it will be a great match for Bryan, and could be just as huge as winning the belt.

Aiii

So not worth it
I forgot to mention this, but great OP Sandman. Better than last month's schlock.

Yes, that was a legit shoot at Aiii. #PISS

Thanks, I only spend two hours writing that great piece of fiction that became more and more true as the month progressed.

Last time I try to contribute to this community, I'm leaving and I'm not coming back!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, I only spend two hours writing that great piece of fiction that became more and more true as the month progressed.

Last time I try to contribute to this community, I'm leaving and I'm not coming back!

But your contract isn't up until July. I'm unfollowing you from Twitter.

Kaladin

Thanks for the comments on the OP everyone. It feels good to come out of retirement after being gone for so long.

Please bare with us as we look for a new creative direction for Aii. He might have to wrestle through a few months of jobbing to Ithil or Perspicacity, but he'll come out looking like a star.....just you wait and see.

Ithil

Thanks for the comments on the OP everyone. It feels good to come out of retirement after being gone for so long.

Please bare with us as we look for a new creative direction for Aii. He might have to wrestle through a few months of jobbing to Ithil or Perspicacity, but he'll come out looking like a star.....just you wait and see.

Nobody goes over me.

I honestly couldn't resist, just look at this star-studded line-up;

1. Jack Thriller vs. Necro Butcher
2. Heidi Lovelace vs. Jordan Grace vs. Mickie Knuckles vs. Randi West vs. ThunderKitty
3. Sole Survivor 8-Man: Bryan Skyline, Chrisjen Hayme, Devon Moore & Matt Cage vs. HyZaya, Shane Hollister, Shane Mercer & Simon Sezz
4. First Blood: Jimmy Jacobs vs. Reed Bentley
5. Fight for Your Spot Ladder match: Austin Bradley vs. Dale Patricks vs. "Hebrew Hammer" Joseph Schwartz vs. Josh Crane vs. Kerry Awful vs. Tripp Cassidy
6. Chris Hero vs. Trik Davis
7. Jonathan Gresham vs. Ricochet
8. Christian Rose vs. Drake Younger
9. Corporal Robinson vs. Matt Tremont vs. Ox Harley

Totally looks like a mid-2000's indie wrestling card. Trik Davis? Simon Sezz? Corporal Robinson? JEEEEEZUS!!

I mostly bought it for Gresham vs Ricochet, though.

Mickie Knuckles is still wrestling in the year of our Lord 2014?

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Chris Hero vs. Trik Davis was an IWA-MS feud circa 2008. And it turns out they did have a feud around the time of the 2008 TPI.

jred2k

Aiii's going to be stuck in a month of Community Clash matches which we vote on through the WrassleGAF app(available in the iTunes and Google Play stores).

Rhaegar

Hey guys, just coming out of lurking with the dawn of a new OT. Early 30s wrestling fan who followed most closely during the Attitude/nWo era, a little in the late-2000s (which was fairly painful) and recently with CM Punk and Daniels' emergence.

My favorites have included: every jobber that ever wore an nWo shirt, Trips, Rock and Raven. The wrestlers I love watching now include Bryan, CM Punk (hoping for a work on his most recent news) Cesaro and definitely not Trips.

I apologize for the non-smarky nature of this introductory post. I promise as I peak my head out in the future that I will try to keep the level of discourse appropriately disillusioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom