• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're doing a new thing here.

#ABA

Ask Bootaaay Anything

He's in the WrassleGAF Hot Seat right now. Ask Bootaaay anything and he'll answer! I'll go ahead and kick things off:

Boots, what's your favorite Attitude Era promo?

Hey guys, just coming out of lurking with the dawn of a new OT. Early 30s wrestling fan who followed most closely during the Attitude/nWo era, a little in the late-2000s (which was fairly painful) and recently with CM Punk and Daniels' emergence.

My favorites have included: every jobber that ever wore an nWo shirt, Trips, Rock and Raven. The wrestlers I love watching now include Bryan, CM Punk (hoping for a work on his most recent news) Cesaro and definitely not Trips.

I apologize for the non-smarky nature of this introductory post. I promise as I peak my head out in the future that I will try to keep the level of discourse appropriately disillusioned.

Welcome brah - first things first - GIVE US A FAVE FIVE! Right now brother!

HT UK

With Punk gone, there's only one man who can step in and wrestle another 5* classic against Triple H....

Big-Show-baby.gif

Toki767

Hey guys, just coming out of lurking with the dawn of a new OT. Early 30s wrestling fan who followed most closely during the Attitude/nWo era, a little in the late-2000s (which was fairly painful) and recently with CM Punk and Daniels' emergence.

My favorites have included: every jobber that ever wore an nWo shirt, Trips, Rock and Raven. The wrestlers I love watching now include Bryan, CM Punk (hoping for a work on his most recent news) Cesaro and definitely not Trips.

I apologize for the non-smarky nature of this introductory post. I promise as I peak my head out in the future that I will try to keep the level of discourse appropriately disillusioned.

Welcome aboard! Just remember to shake people's hands.

Ithil

Guys guys guys

There is no chance in hell Bryan goes over hhh at mania. None.

It sounds highly likely to me. It gets them their "75k YES chants" moment and the crowd-demanded "Bryan in a major match" deal without changing their main event.

Welcome to WrassleGAF

Time for everyone to update their fave 5

1)Cena
2)Batista
3)Orton
4)Curtis Axel
5)R-Truth

pnTfozW.gif

Kaladin

It sounds highly likely to me. It gets them their "75k YES chants" moment and the crowd-demanded "Bryan in a major match" deal without changing their main event.

They will almost definitely shoehorn HBK into this match though, so there is that to factor into it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FAVE FIVES FOR EVERYONE

1. Batista circa 2010
2. Batista on Twitter when angry
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Titan
5. Saga of Sin Cara in Mexico

Fave Five;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Mascara Dorada
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Hirooki Goto
5. Tomohiro Ishii

Mickie Knuckles is still wrestling in the year of our Lord 2014?

Yep, and she seems to be going for 'Female version of Sami Callihan' these days;

1JeluqU.jpg

Vince McMahon said:
We're doing a new thing here.

#ABA

Ask Bootaaay Anything

He's in the WrassleGAF Hot Seat right now. Ask Bootaaay anything and he'll answer! I'll go ahead and kick things off:

Boots, what's your favorite Attitude Era promo?

Wait....what? I didn't agree to this!

Hmmmm, probably some promo Mick cut - this one, for instance;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrjOqZw0sLg

Also, Big Bossman taunting Big Show about his dead father.

"Waaaah, waaaaah, I'm Paul White and I'm a big baby, waaaaaah, my daddy's dead!"

UberTag

I want a straight up bizarro Punk.

He does drugs, smokes, drinks and fucks everyone. Has the Coca-Cola tatt and does the nap time finisher but instead of being the best wrestler in the world he's the worst.
How is this part bizarro CM Punk? Bizarro Punk would be chaste and fuck nobody.

Sephzilla

So some of the dirt sheets I read are saying that even though Sting seems like a lock for WWE, they won't put him up against Taker this year.

It's like Vince is trying to make WrestleMania 30 stink as much as humanly possible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Out of the 3 Mick Foley personas (4 actually) I like Cactus Jack the most. That's the one I grew up with and enjoyed. Mankind could be REALLY good before he got the shirt and tie. Always hated Dude Love.

Ask Bootaaay Anything
#ABA

Most gratifying gif? As in...what's your favorite gif of someone getting nearly murdered because you can't stand them?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk really doesn't seem to screw around that much. I don't ever remember reading about him not dating some lady wrestler.

The big takeaway is that nobody knows, most people yappin about it are making up waaaay too much shit in their head. And it's degrading.

kiguel182

So some of the dirt sheets I read are saying that even though Sting seems like a lock for WWE, they won't put him up against Taker this year.

It's like Vince is trying to make WrestleMania 30 stink as much as humanly possible.

Sting vs Undertaker at Mania 31 will be even worse than if it happens this year.

If Stings recent work in TNA is anything to go by that match is better to stay in our minds.

kiguel182

Him wrestling at EC would be kind of risky. He might not be able to catch his breath in time for Mania.

New drinking game: drink a shot every time Orton and Baptista do a rest hold at Mania.

Seems like a recipe to end up in the hospital.

Honestly, I hope they have that match at last and don't had Bryan to it so we can enjoy the disaster it will be.

The big takeaway is that nobody knows, most people yappin about it are making up waaaay too much shit in their head. And it's degrading.

True, but I mean in general he seems like a bit of a serial monogamist. Like at any given time we always know he's in a relationship and usually hear about the breakups once he's moved onto someone else.

If the dude was just into getting his dick wet then there's a Hot Topic in every city the WWE visits.

Remember that the Young Bucks are the best tag team in the world. Bootaaay and I know what's up, ignore the rest of the marks in this thread.

You can't put the whole damn Arrow Bunch in one slot you PLEBIAN!

My Fave Five:
1) All of Los Boricuas

R U SRS BRO?

Then I will have to go with Devitt. REAL ROCK N ROLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FAVE FIVE CURRENT WRESTLING THEMES

1) Subconscious (Nakamura)
2) Real Rock N' Rolla (Devitt)
3) Unsettling Differences (Kevin Steen)
4) Smoke and Mirrors (Cody Rhodes)
5) Short Term Memory (Emma)

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Nothing says WWE like:

"Hey guys, we just announced an online video service that our most hardcore fans will gobble up! Let's have the worst 4 days in our company's recent history!"

Xater

My first fave five!

1. Bryan
2. Nakamura
3. Cesaro
4. Ambrose
5. Zayn

#ABA What made you love deathmatch wrestling so much?

Updated Fave Five:

5. The Young Bucks
4. Daniel Bryan
3. Roman Reigns
2. Kazuchika Okada
1. Shinsuke Nakamura

Honorable mentions: Rhodes Bros, Bray Wyatt, Antonio Cesaro.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Satisfying gif.

#ABA What was the first wrasslin show you attended live?

#ABA What was the earliest match you remember seeing?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Nothing says WWE like:

"Hey guys, we just announced an online video service that our most hardcore fans will gobble up! Let's have the worst 4 days in our company's recent history!"

Don't worry. Just wait it all out. Everything's going to be Ok. It's all a work...etc.

Fave Five right now:
Daniel Bryan
Shinsuke Nakamura
Katsuyori Shibata
Tomohiro Ishii
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Malvingt2

WWE stopped following CM Punk on Twitter this afternoon. Considering they follow a number of discarded characters (Dr. Shelby) and WWE NXT talents who have since been released, that should tell you all you need to know.

In regard to the TMZ.com report that Batista was the reason Punk walked out, we are told by WWE sources that it was nothing to do with Batista personally and it wasn't him that caused the decision. It was more a collection of issues including burnout, injuries, a difference in what the company saw as a big push for Punk and what he felt was one (specifically working Triple H at Wrestlemania), and just an overall frustration with how he was perceived overall. It was not a case of Batista came in, so Punk walked out we are told.

pwinsider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom