• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

fab5michigan.jpg

Fab Five Update
Honorable Mention: Pittsburgh's Royal Rumble crowd

5) Bray Wyatt
4) Antonio Cesaro
3) Golddust/Cody Rhodes
2) Roman Reigns
1) Daniel Bryan

somedevil

Posted in January thread by accident:

Wow, Punk really idolizes Stone Cold if he did a walk out just like he did in 2002. What he did is right or wrong depending on how you view the idea of walking out when your still contracted till July.

Well, now the ball is Daniel Bryan's hand to become the new 2nd big babyface in the company. Punk leaving has forced the company to push Daniel Bryan to the moon.

KissVibes

Banned

Wow, Punk really idolizes Stone Cold if he did a walk out just like he did in 2002. What he did is right or wrong depending on how you view the idea of walking out when your still contracted till July.

Well, now the ball is Daniel Bryan's hand to become the new 2nd big babyface in the company. Punk leaving has forced the company to push Daniel Bryan to the moon.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

More like Reigns just got eight rockets strapped to his back.

They'll much sooner push the fuck out of Ziggler than do that with Bryan.

jmdajr

and Warrior

MoosiferX

Oooh! I like at least 5 wrestlers this month.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Tomohiro Ishii
3. Yano Toru (been really enjoying his DVDs!)
4. Antonio Cesaro
5. Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE stopped following CM Punk on Twitter this afternoon. Considering they follow a number of discarded characters (Dr. Shelby) and WWE NXT talents who have since been released, that should tell you all you need to know.

such journalism
wow​
plans change​

Ithil

My Fave Five:

1 - Daniel Bryan
2 - The Shield
3 - Shinsuke Nakamura
4 - Kazuchika Okada
5 - Antonio Cesaro
HM: The Wyatt Family, Sami Zayn, Prince Devitt, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Adrian Neville, Goldust.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

The company's idea of a push is a match with HHH. He'll likely go over HHH, though, which should be big. When this storyline pans out, and Punk "returns", we can get Punk/Bryan.

Toki767

The company's idea of a push is a match with HHH. He'll likely go over HHH, though, which should be big. When this storyline pans out, and Punk "returns", we can get Punk/Bryan.
Remember when Lesnar went over HHH at Extreme Rules last year? Practically squeaking out that win in the end after HHH buried him the entire match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know we joke about it, but a program with Triple H right now IS a heck of a push. Lots of people can benefit from that, whether they come out on top or not.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I know we joke about it, but a program with Triple H right now IS a heck of a push. Lots of people can benefit from that, whether they come out on top or not.
Sorry, Sunny, but not for CM Punk. The last match he had against HHH cost him his chance of being the next SCSA.

Toki767

A program with HHH is only fourth from the top.

First choice is the world title. Second choice is working with Undertaker. Third is working with Cena. Fourth is working with HHH.

Ithil

A program with HHH is only fourth from the top.

First choice is the world title. Second choice is working with Undertaker. Third is working with Cena. Fourth is working with HHH.

HHH's match last year was second from the top, and it wasn't even a major storyline like the Authority story is meant to be.

KissVibes

Banned
Program with Triple H. He hasn't really had one before.

He also hasn't had a REAL feud with Orton, but do people really want to see that?

Last time Punk met Triple H, Trips beat him clean. Triple H also beat up Miz, R-Truth, and Kevin Nash during that match.

The Authority angle is junk. The Corporation had an entire stable of guys that feuded all over the card. The Authority only likes burying Bryan, messing with Punk, and yelling at Orton to be a man. Yeah, sure, Trips and Steph play good assholes but I don't think the angle is hot enough for Punk to be elevated by it and people will boo the fuck out of Triple H and call the match boring for it's entire duration.

Toki767

HHH's match last year was second from the top, and it wasn't even a major storyline like the Authority story is meant to be.
That's only because he was getting a win over Lesnar. And even then it was overshadowed by the Undertaker match.

BFIB

On the one hand, I understand his frustrations with the product, as we all have.

But on the other hand, for a guy that always preaches working hard, etc. on Twitter and whatnot, this kind of makes him look childish to just up and go home. Especially leading into this time of year. And a program with HHH isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless HHH goes over. Which is entirely possible why Punk decided to head home.

Rapstah

Wasn't Mabel supposed to be in the Rumble? I'm not complaining, I've seen enough of the guy in Rumble matches, but he could've taken Khali's spot and I don't think anyone, including Khali, would be any worse off.
3MB needs a program going into Mania....
They have a program, it's called WWE Main Event.

jred2k

As much as the WWE product is bumming me out right now seeing these Fave Five lists reminds me there is still a ton of good wrestling available...

... and apparently none of it happens in TNA!

jmdajr

Like someone said, WWE is not clever enough to pull this off.

Same goes with Rock being legit shook. It was a shoot brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as the WWE product is bumming me out right now seeing these Fave Five lists reminds me there is still a ton of good wrestling available...

... and apparently none of it happens in TNA!

TNA gets serviceable wrestling, which kind of makes it worse.

#ABA Ask Bootaaay Anything

Favorite TNA performer? Samoa Joe?

Ithil

That's only because he was getting a win over Lesnar. And even then it was overshadowed by the Undertaker match.

That's why I'm mentioning the Authority storyline. Since the middle of last year, well before Summerslam, it's been the plan to climax that storyline at WM with HHH's match.

So it is a major match at WM, whether he face Punk or Bryan.

kiguel182

Even if Baptista didn't came back the main-event of Mania shouldn't be Punk's this year. Hopefully that wasn't his main reason to walk out.

But giving the year Punk had a match with HHH seemed better than expected, maybe they were trying to please him while not putting him in the main-event.

Toki767

That's why I'm mentioning the Authority storyline. Since the middle of last year, well before Summerslam, it's been the plan to climax that storyline at WM with HHH's match.

The fans aren't going to accept anything at Mania other than it ending with Bryan celebrating with the title to close the show. They should just have Bryan pull double duty that night. Since they addressed it on Raw.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cm punks best in world documentary has been taken of netflix

jmdajr

Absolutely it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even if Baptista didn't came back the main-event of Mania shouldn't be Punk's this year. Hopefully that wasn't his main reason to walk out.

But giving the year Punk had a match with HHH seemed better than expected, maybe they were trying to please him while not putting him in the main-event.

Punk wasn't going to be the main event this year, he's surely known that for months, ever since he got wrapped up in the whole "I'm trying to kill Paul Heyman" and Shield feud he was in. That's not a build to a Mania main event, and that's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom