• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
I always thought it was funny how Orton rebounds after his infractions, if Bryan did any of the shit Orton did he wouldn't see the light of day.

somedevil

RIP Dish WWE PPVs

Love the bullshit when they say its about there customers when they are actually screwing them if they want the pay per view. The bottom line is they are doing this to spite the WWE because when the network starts they are not going to get the money they use to get.

kirblar

Love the bullshit when they say its about there customers when they are actually screwing them if they want the pay per view. The bottom line is they are doing this to spite the WWE because when the network starts they are not going to get the money they use to get.
After learning how little the WWE was getting off the PPV cut- I totally understand why they moved to the direct model. Bars/Restaurants are where the TV PPV stuff will end up being necessary, not home users.

Downhome

I'm doing a chat with Dish right now, trying to milk this for all it's worth, trying to get a PPV movie code or something out of it.

Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): I see. Don't worry I checking it for you.
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): I'm sorry, but DISH will not offer the WWE Elimination Chamber PPV event that airs on 2/23.
Brent: Wait, not at all, for sure?
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): It is because WWE is not willing to adjust their PPV costs to satellite and cable companies, which is unfair to their customers.
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): I'm really sorry. I hope you'll understand.
Brent: What do you mean the WWE is not willing to adjust their PPV costs?
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): It is because there is also a price increased on their side.
Brent: Does it have anything to do with their creation of the WWE Network which just happens to start the day after?
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): Sometimes yes.
Michelle Jane (ID: IT3): But as I check it, WWE Elimination Chamber is available to purchase online for $44.99 at http://www.wwe.com.

Vylash

"It is because WWE is not willing to adjust their PPV costs to satellite and cable companies, which is unfair to their customers"

Corporate speak for "Waaah, we're not getting as much money!"

Triton no sells explosions
He also kills some grunt with the fabled "flying stand" knocking them through a dock of some sort if I recall.

Amazing movie dialogue!
"Somebody please shoot this guy"
"what does it look like we're doing?!
"missing"

Nah these guys ain't missing, Triton just no sold the shit out of many ammo clips, seemingly he imbues the car with the same no selling powers.

"this guy's like the terminator"
Should've just said "this guy's like John Cena"

He also kills some grunt with the fabled "flying stand" knocking them through a dock of some sort if I recall.

Amazing movie dialogue!
"missing"

Nah these guys ain't missing, Triton just no sold the shit out of many ammo clips, seemingly he imbues the car with the same no selling powers.

Yo.

I love that movie.

jred2k

Who's doing worse, Robert Patrick or Michael Biehn? It really sucks to have been in a Terminator if your name isn't Arnold. Edward Furlong is basically the Sunny of actors based on those fan pics from a few years ago.

Who's doing worse, Robert Patrick or Michael Biehn? It really sucks to have been in a Terminator if your name isn't Arnold. Edward Furlong is basically the Sunny of actors based on those fan pics from a few years ago.

Robert Patrick recently went on to be in Gangster Squad and episodes of True Blood. Michael Biehn recently went on to be a voice in Aliens: Colonial Marines.

As much as I like both, neither are doing terrific right now.

G-Fex

Amazing movie dialogue!
"missing"

And the bullets obviously missed cause they couldn't see him.

Alucard

Banned
Just watched the Cena/Cesaro match. Damn. So good, especially the last five minutes or so. Lots of headlocks and rest holds early on, but there was a very deliberate pace to it all. Bravo. One of the best of the year so far.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I am so happy that Juff Harvey is going back to his old Willow the Wisp gimmick.
TNA just got even better.
maxresdefault.jpg

Does anyone at TNA even care anymore?

If you are working at TNA creative (if such a thing exists) how can you think this willow gimmick is even slightly a good idea?

Didn't Jeff get his ass booed out of the arena when he tried this silliness in ROH?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

How can you think think willow gimmick is even slightly a good idea?

Did Jeff get his ass booed out of the arena when he tried this silliness in ROH?
I would argue that TNA is trying harder than WWE. Everyone on television has a story that progresses from week to week and it may not always be great, but I am never bored watching Impact. Willow is going to be great in either the best or worst way.

Vylash

If you are working at TNA creative (if such a thing exists) how can you think this willow gimmick is even slightly a good idea?

Didn't Jeff get his ass booed out of the arena when he tried this silliness in ROH?

You can look at every TNA wrestler and tell that they just don't care

Did Jeff get his ass booed out of the arena when he tried this silliness in ROH?

Yeah, but he was going to get his ass booed regardless - the fans really did not want him there (except for the gaggle of screaming girls that seem to show up wherever Jeff goes, even at an indie wrestling show). Also, he did that stupid pose on the top-rope thing and slipped, which was just about the high point of his match, which was against Krazy-K (a student of Jeff's having his debut match in front of an incredibly hostile crowd) and a drugged-up Joey Mercury. To say it was one of the worst matches in ROH history would be an understatement.

I would argue that TNA is trying harder than WWE. Everyone on television has a story that progresses from week to week and it may not always be great, but I am never bored watching Impact. Willow is going to be great in either the best or worst way.

I see, my problem is I don't follow TNA so I literally have no idea what is going on over there. What I know is what I hear from dirt sheets/fans/podcasts/wrasslegaf and for the most part TNA is seen as a joke. I barely have enough time to watch RAW or Smackdown every week so I have to keep up with everything else with the powers of the internet.

Alucard

Banned
I see, my problem is I don't follow TNA so I literally have no idea what is going on over there. What I know is what I hear from dirt sheets/fans/podcasts/wrasslegaf and for the most part TNA is seen as a joke. I barely have enough time to watch RAW or Smackdown every week so I have to keep up with everything else with the powers of the internet.

Dirt sheets are generally pretty jaded and cynical to begin with, so I'm never surprised when they spew vitriol towards TNA. They're a long way away from being great, but the effort is always there. If anything, I think they sometimes try too hard to swerve the fans. If they would just stick to basic storytelling, they would be a lot better off. Regardless, TNA slays WWE in terms of every segment feeling important. That's probably because the WWE has hours and hours of content to think about every week while TNA only has to put together a 2 hour show.

Vylash

? That's just an incorrect statement. EC3, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, and just about every guy on that roster cares. It's insulting to them to say they don't.

Joe? I'm shocked Joe hasn't killed himself, have you SEEN Joe? He's a complete slob now compared to TNA's earlier days

Just got back from Need for Speed.

It's patently ridiculous. The way the cars are filmed is magnificent.

It's pretty by the numbers (it could've easily been called Forza or some such) , but I like Aaron Paul in it, and this movie doesn't get made without EA, so Meh.

Feed me more

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Russo or a copycat is already there. Just listen to the word choices in the Shaw or Sabin angles going on. Classic Russo.

I thought Russo was back?

I remember reading that TNA brought him back in for meetings as a "special consultant"

How this guy keeps getting work I have no idea. I've not heard one good thing ever said about him by anyone that's ever crossed his path.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I think Russo is fine as long as he isn't in charge. Occasionally he does something good, he just needs someone who can find the good ideas and tell him no for the other 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom