• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

XEKxgB5.gif

time to listen to LAW

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If they're self aware enough to trot out an improvised diva's match, you'd think they'd be self aware enough to turning Batista some time between now and WM.

Alucard

Banned
I'm pumped for Raw tomorrow. Curious to see how they build to Mania, and/or if they'll fast track Bryan getting the championship on the Raw before the Network launch as a way to make fans happy going into their new business venture. Personally, I REALLY hope they hold off and somehow ensure that Bryan gets that title at Mania. And if, for some reason, Bryan ends up fighting KANE at WM and Orton vs. Batista is ACTUALLY the main event? Well...

Jim-Cornette-fuck-this-company.jpg

They've done everything but outright explicitly say Batista's winning at Mania for months now. They didn't bring him back to have him not win at Mania. There's hoping for surprise, and then there's just being unrealistic. And at this point, you're being unrealistic if you see any scenario that doesn't end in Batista winning the belt at Mania, singles or triple threat or not.

charsace

Bryan should be the face of the company. Grown men were crying after his loss. Crying. Never saw this with Cena. Bryan should be taking the belt at Mania.

They've done everything but outright explicitly say Batista's winning at Mania for months now. They didn't bring him back to have him not win at Mania. There's hoping for surprise, and then there's just being unrealistic. And at this point, you're being unrealistic if you see any scenario that doesn't end in Batista winning the belt at Mania, singles or triple threat or not.

My faith be tested sometimes. Good lawd.

Alucard

Banned
Bryan should be the face of the company. Grown men were crying after his loss. Crying. Never saw this with Cena. Bryan should be taking the belt at Mania.

The only thing to say is...

YES!

YES!

YES!

WWE can't be THIS stupid to think that Orton/Batista is going to be a main event that people want. I don't understand how they didn't see people shitting all over Batista's Royal Rumble win, his match against Del Rio, and now, if it happens, his main event against Orton. NO ONE wants to see that match. NO ONE. Because Batista is being treated like a heel by most crowds right now. Daniel Bryan winning is the ONLY fucking thing that makes sense. Fans, myself included, are RAVENOUS for it. We've waited long enough. PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER.

I think it's pretty fucking pathetic at this time. They know one person is the most over guy in the company yet they still want to push Orton/Batista despite them being the least over guys in their receptive matches.

Here's the WM main event you guys:
Orton/Bastista/Bryan.

The underdog Bryan defeats HHH and HBK to win the championship, crowd goes ape shit, CM Punk comes out and hugs Bryan, confetti and explosions everywhere.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good PPV. One of the best in a while if you ask me. Shield vs Wyatts was easily match of the night. A real gem.

If they want ANY salvageable way of Batista to get some cheers (at the very least) He should lobby for the triple threat match because of the INJUSTICE Bryan has been suffering since Summerslam.

Real interesting that Cole brought up the way Bryan has been treated since Summerslam. You'd think they's forget about that by now.

Alucard

Banned
Bryan winning at Mania is the ONLY thing that makes sense. Seriously. Anything else is just short-sighted and stupid. No fan wants to see Batista and Orton. Unless Vince is cool with people shitting ALL. OVER. His main event even worse than they did WM29s, he needs to realize it's TIME to pull the trigger on Daniel Bryan. They've fucked up his story, even though they'll tell you it was deliberately done, but they should also know that ALL will be forgiven if they let Bryan have his moment.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, there is really zero reasoning behind the Wyatts attacking Cena twice, but I think they can have a good match. One that Cena really, really needs to lose. A lolcenawins kind of finish would kill the whole stable.

Hope he takes a Sister Abigail into the steel steps and kicks out.

Really though, I think Cena will do the job. Wyatt had a huge win against Bryan and now against Reigns...a win against Cena cements him as a top dog for years to come.

Toki767

Hope he takes a Sister Abigail into the steel steps and kicks out.

Really though, I think Cena will do the job. Wyatt had a huge win against Bryan and now against Reigns...a win against Cena cements him as a top dog for years to come.

Until Cena makes one of his stupid jokes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked just about every match and story on this PPV. Really good.

v9jfMxn.gif
nobody has any room to complain
v9jfMxn.gif

There's nothing to complain about
v9jfMxn.gif

It's an entertaining product
v9jfMxn.gif

They're going to milk this Dbry getting screwed gimmick for as long as they can, even if that means through Mania. That's what people don't understand... they have nothing else. Daniel Bryan is carrying the product now. If they give him the title all that emotion and reaction from the crowd from him getting screwed and being the underdog is gone. Giving him the belt just shortens the time they have to milk his incredible over-ness.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to milk this Dbry getting screwed gimmick for as long as they can, even if that means through Mania. That's what people don't understand... they have nothing else. Daniel Bryan is carrying the product now. If they give him the title all that emotion and reaction from the crowd from him getting screwed and being the underdog is gone. Giving him the belt just shortens the time they have to milk his incredible over-ness.

This is true. Much like the end of the Summer of Punk, there's nothing in the works for AFTER when he gets that title.

The chase is better than the catch.

Alucard

Banned
I thought the chamber match was very good and that everyone came out looking great.

Sheamus had some great crowd-pleasing spots and just looked like a tank. Cesaro was impressive as hell and the workhorse of the match. Christian had that ridiculous splash off the top of the pod. Cena was Cena and had the excuse of the Wyatts taking him out. Bryan looked like a million bucks, as usual. And Orton came out the cowardly heel champ...thought he did exceptionally well in this match.

Solid main event, and I ain't even mad about the finish. If this leads to Bryan main eventing and winning the title at Mania, I'm all for it.

Ithil

The Chamber match was the best in years, Shield/Wyatts was awesome, and a couple of the undercard matches were actually decent. Overall one of the better PPVs since Summerslam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom