• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Former WWE RAW GM Mike Adamle did a sit down interview with NBC Chicago last night and revealed that the reason he hasn’t been on tv doing sports commentary is because he’s battling with dementia and possibly suffers from CTE.

Well that's random and terrible.

That sucks... Dementia is fucking awful.

klonere

Banned
something something modern crowds something something

EjZjvdZ.gif

Yep, more and more people will get it as well, due to people living longer.

Yeah, my grandmother is almost 94 and while in hindsight the signs were there for years it wasn't until she had a sharp drop off near the end of 2014 that it really became pronounced that she was properly diagnosed. When grandfather died at 81 back in 1992 also in a similar state but his was due to brain damage, IIRC caused by a lack of oxygen for several minutes, after a serious car accident he had three years prior.

jmdajr

"I’ve been on short-term disability and then long-term disability, I’ve had seizures and epilepsy for the last 19 years." He said that he can no longer work and the diagnosis is the reason why he’s been off the air for a year. He was an anchor on the local NBC affiliate in Chicago up until a year ago

last 19 years? Well that about proves it. Poor guy.

Beefy

Yeah, my grandmother is almost 94 and while in hindsight the signs were there for years it wasn't until she had a sharp drop off near the end of 2014 that it really became pronounced that she was properly diagnosed. When grandfather died at 81 back in 1992 also in a similar state but his was due to brain damage, IIRC caused by a lack of oxygen for several minutes, after a serious car accident he had three years prior.

Damn, sorry to hear that.

"I’ve been on short-term disability and then long-term disability, I’ve had seizures and epilepsy for the last 19 years." He said that he can no longer work and the diagnosis is the reason why he’s been off the air for a year. He was an anchor on the local NBC affiliate in Chicago up until a year ago

last 19 years? Well that about proves it. Poor guy.

I wanted to mention something, but I thought twice about it because of the sensitivity. But you understand what I was thinking.

Is anyone here playing Nioh? I'm hearing good things.
I wasn't planning on getting it (not totally sold by alpha/beta), caved and bought and I'm really glad I did. Don't know what all has changed since the demos but it feels much more like a Ninja Gaiden than a Souls game now. They also more clearly explain systems which is appreciated, I didn't understand the spirit animal stuff at all. It's basically a devil trigger that recharges fairly quickly. It feels like a character action game designed around the ruleset of Souls

Once you start unlocking moves it becomes pretty fantastic

World/story doesn't touch Souls but scratches the itch of combat/difficulty for sure. More so than Dark Souls 3 for me (thus far)

klonere

Banned
That Haskins/Webster return was better than I could have ever imagined.

The pops were monsterous, the brawl was intense and the promo was pitch perfect. Strong couple of months coming up for PROGRESS. A great pick up for a pretty shitty day for myself.

Caderfix

Is anyone here playing Nioh? I'm hearing good things.

The beta and demo were amazing. After playing those, NiOh became my most antecipated game since Resident Evil 4.
Too bad I won't be able to play until the year's end...

Just finished last night's Smackdown. Great episode. Pretty hype for Elimination Chamber.

Opening match was amazing, they are trying to do something with the Ascension (which is nice), the contract signing was good (would've been great if Mickie didn't take 3 hours to speak 5 words). Yeah, man, another week, another good SD episode

EDIT: I forgot about the opening promo, which was pretty good too. Man, Daniel Bryan... I hope he stays over forever.

Raw64life

"The reason that Samoa Joe came out in a suit and tie on Raw this week is because WWE wanted him to look like a hitman for the mob."

- Big Dave M.

Former WWE RAW GM Mike Adamle did a sit down interview with NBC Chicago last night and revealed that the reason he hasn’t been on tv doing sports commentary is because he’s battling with dementia and possibly suffers from CTE.

Well that's random and terrible.

Holy hell, I wish him and his family well through this time.

Is it bad that I see Mick Foley going down this route too? I'm glad he's getting healthier and all but I fear for him sometimes.

So I just came up with the perfect gimmick match for The Miz to win the WWE title in. Now it's probably more suited for TNA but ah well.

The Target On Your Back Elimination Match:

Rules are:

There is 6+ men (or could be more but whatever let's go with 6), falls count anywhere (this could be optional but with it being falls count anywhere you can have like 10 people in the match and not be always crowding the ring)

The match is a normal until the first elimination but then the Target on Your Back comes into play, essentially the person who scores the first elimination let's call them wrestler A becomes the target because after the first elimination wrestler A can eliminate anyone else but wrestlers B through whatever can only eliminate wrestler A. Match continues and if someone eliminates wrestler A they become the target and so forth until only two remain and then it's your basic 1 on 1 falls count anywhere match to finish.

This could make for some interesting stories, in that the grade A bad ass face who shows up to kick ass and doesn't give a damn could have a huge strong showing to start, get that first fall without thinking about it and then get his ass kicked because it's now like 4,5,6 on one. You'd have people kicking ass but refusing to go for pins because they don't want to be the target.

You'd also have a great clusterfuck brawl to start that immediately turns into a crazy handicap match as soon as the first elimination is scored and fighting each other is a waste of time.

But most importanly this is a cowardly heel's, aka the Miz, dream match for heel spots. A Miz character could do all kinds of things, like say for the first fall he hits a SCF on someone and then again on another person, he could put on on the top of the other trigger the elimination but the wrestler that got the pin would now be the target for everyone else. Or better yet he could just come across two guys who took each other out and put on on top of the other.

Miz could also pull a Jericho in the Rumble and just sit out most of the match (even sneak off to do commentary) while everyone else kill each other and then score a cheap roll up or SCF win on the last guy right after they got the second to last pinfall/submission.

It's a little convoluted to explain but I think it'd be a fun match type.

If you can't tell I'm a huge fan of cowardly but intelligent heels, who play within the technicality of the rules but completely spit on the spirit of the rules. It's how I play games myself, until enough people get mad at me.

Zach

excelsiorlef, you put a lot of time into that post so I'm going to endorse it without reading it. Well done!

somedevil

Smackdown Viewership:

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.627 million viewers for USA Network, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. The number was down from the 2.817 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Down 190,000 from last week but not as bad as Raw. Smackdown seems not to fluctuate as much as Raw does.

cdViking

Went to Smackdown last night, had 5th row behind the announcers. Was a really, really good time. Was surprised to see a large portion of seats opposite hard camera were empty; they must not have promoted D. Bryan well enough.

It's amazing how over the guy is here... the opening segment was fire, and the Miz was booed so loudly I couldn't hear a word he was saying. Match-wise, the 4-way and main event were really, really hot, but most everything in between (other than the Rhyno cheering insanity) was pretty cold. That said, still an excited crowd.

205 Live was pretty fun too, and the crowd slowly worked it's way into it, and the main event of 205 Live was a great example of that. This is the 4th WWE show I've seen in Seattle, and the crowd is generally easy to please... give them something and they'll get hot. Ali got himself over decently enough in the first match, and he and Gallagher were enough to spark the crowd such that when a good match started to unfold, it didn't get lost in deafening silence. Gallagher really is something... getting a ton of people who had never heard of him or seen him on their feet by the end.

Dark match was Miz vs Ambrose with Bryan as special guest referee, and there a ton of legitimately funny comedy bits. Great cap to the night, and absolutely no regrets in going.

Kaladin

You can now buy parking for Wrestlemania.

It's actually $50 + fees for cars.

$150 is for bus parking.

Still, $60 to park at WM is the highest I've ever payed to park at an event.

Sephzilla

You can now buy parking for Wrestlemania.

It's actually $50 + fees for cars.

$150 is for bus parking.

Still, $60 to park at WM is the highest I've ever payed to park at an event.

I'm pretty sure WWE is trying to see just how far they can charge people for Wrestlemania before they turn away.

Just like Nintendo is doing with the Switch

Kaladin

I'm pretty sure WWE is trying to see just how far they can charge people for Wrestlemania before they turn away.

Just like Nintendo is doing with the Switch

Honestly, I know $50 isn't bad for big events. I'm sure there will be private parking lots charging even more. It's just the most I've ever spent for official parking because normally that shit is $20 or $30 for what I go to if you pay for it.

Top Bottom