• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

Uk5LyuD.jpg

I'm finally watching one of these Ring of Honor DVDs I posted about on New Year's Day.

The production values are hilariousssss.

American Dragon beat some dork named Biohazard in a few minutes. He's good. I was drawn in very quickly. Very strange after so much mid-2000s WWE lately.

Spanky beat Paul London. It was kinda cool.

I missed who the current guys are. Jay Brisco? Other guy looks really boring. Waiting for a name... Doug Williams maybe?

Anyway, I'm about done for now, but it's kinda fun.

Teeth

Mojo changed his gimmick after Zack got hurt. No dancing, no ADHD, now he's create-a-wrestler face.

Doesn't even black under his eyes anymore.

Zach

Jimmy Ross is talking about the "vocal, defiant crowd" in 2006. And this isn't even a John Cena match.

(It's Mickie vs. Trish. Lawd have mercy, Mickie.)

Barrage

Debating getting tickets to the ROH show in toronto in May. Anyone know if theyre confirmed to have NJPW guys there?

Pikma

Banned
Guys have we heard anything about the tickets for the G1 Special in Long Beach? I'm legit scared they'll go up one of those days when my card is totally empty, and knowing my luck that's certainly possible

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Only just found out Tye Dillinger is 35.

Baron Corbin is 32?

Who are WWE's future main eventers currently under 30?
What makes you believe WWE has ever routinely employed people under 30?

The youngest male wrestler on the main roster is Jason Jordan at 27.

MG310

Back from NXT..great show overall.

Opened with Steve Cutler vs. Aleister Black. Cutler went for the cheapest of cheap heat by first saying he was from Jersey but made the announcer correct it to Florida and that he thought Hurricane Sandy took care of this place

Daria vs. Ember was great, lots of dodging away from each other's kicks and Daria hitting a ridiculous spear when Ember tried a springboard crossbody for the 2nd time. Ember won with the Eclipse.

Eric Young vs. Oney Lorcan was fun. Lots of Young/Cross getting pissed off at the crowd yelling 10 during the count-outs. EY won even after Cross got ejected.

Sucks we didn't get to see Nikki in a full match - they had an Asuka/Nikki/Ember triple threat in Philly last night

Authors of Pain vs. DIY. Authors of Pain aren't terribly impressive live...none of their stuff comes off as particularly hard hitting compared to most of the other guys on the show.

Patrick Clark vs. Tye Dillinger - Patrick Clark wore a Tom Brady jersey to the ring. Fine match, mostly a series of excuses to yell 10. Didn't think much of Clark's wrestling (he didn't really have a whole lot to do either ) but that guy is in ridiculous shape.

Asuka vs. Mandy Rose - Mandy got in a lot more offense than you would expect and seemed like she's progressing. Certainly well above Eva Marie tier at least.

Alexander Wolfe and Killian Dain vs. Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford. Big "Shave your back" chant for Damo. Wolfe/Damo won with a different version of their tag finisher.

Ford and Dawkins seem okay together though it's mostly Ford dancing and Dawkins being hyped about Ford's dancing.

Shinsuke/Kassius Ohno vs. Andrade/Roode was the main event. Most of it was Ohno kicking Andrade in the face including out of the tranquilo pose on the ropes. Shinsuke pinned Andrade with the Kinshasa after Hero elbowed Roode in the back of the head to get him out of the ring.

somedevil

205 show has wrestlers younger than Jordan like Swann and Dar.

WWE also has a 19 year old as a champion.

Plus it seems for right now women start younger than the man. Most are in late 20's and early 30's.

Did he promote UUDD?

Nope. The show combined with his act being popular has opened up alot for him.

cordy

Banned
Who are WWE's future main eventers currently under 30?

This current generation is gonna be the same as Cena/Orton/Batista's generation. You know, that generation that ran roughshod for a decade? That's this one with the Shield/Wyatt. Guaranteed. The generation after this one is screwed like Kofi's generation was when they ran against them.

Damn, the government is sending out text messages with catastrophic fire warnings in my state. I hope I don't have to evacuate my house again.

Australia can be a brutal country yo.

Forkball

Cena, Big Show, and Orton were 27 when they won the WWE Championship. Taker and Rock were 26. And this is after years of build up and experience within the WWE. It definitely feels like the main roster skews older than it used to, especially now that many have to go through NXT. Bobby Roode will be over 40 if he ever debuts on the main roster.

Top Bottom