• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

somedevil

You guys are right that it's definitely a minor appointment, but there would totally be more kerfluffle about this (even just jokes) if the WWE was more popular and the government wasn't currently in the running for the Carniest Shit This Century Award.

She got more coverage running for senate. I remember CNN running the segment when she turned heel and kick Jim Ross in the nuts and the daily show segment featuring an interview where she got a question about during the attitude era days about her daughter getting called a slut.

edit: Plus seems like there is a ban on Trumps name. Bryan mentioned it during talking smack.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The WWE has finally noticed that their fanbase is largely (oddly) liberal and has kept pretty mum about anything Trump related.

I mean, the fanbase that pays a lot of attention is young, but the average viewer are old people who secretly watch wrestling. But you're correct that they've gone full-bore against anything offensive these days, which is sort of ironic given how hard they use the Attitude Era as a crutch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And a huge chunk of the fanbase is Latino.

I was getting ready to ditch WWE for good after the election/the announcement of Linda because I thought they'd crow about it nonstop but they've done this and...I'm fine with it.

Honestly besides being extra busy in 2002-2008 one of the big reasons I gave up on the WWF was how jingoistic it got. WWF of my youth was always America fuck yeah but not in the way it was during the W years.

16665274_10158232536475346_8598055213920741934_o.jpg

WWE you have one job and thats to start selling these before mania so i can get a pair for my replica championship

I mean, the fanbase that pays a lot of attention is young, but the average viewer are old people who secretly watch wrestling. But you're correct that they've gone full-bore against anything offensive these days, which is sort of ironic given how hard they use the Attitude Era as a crutch.

*Replays the Ziggler vs Kalisto and Crews match*

Yeah, they haven't been offensive in a long time.

somedevil

If you look at the current Raw ratings the highest rating group that watches the show is the 25-54 demographic.

Another interesting thing is the big demographic of 18-49 crowd out that demographic its usually made up of 35-40% of women.

So I'm guessing AJ vs Shane is set up by AJ being angry that he never got his rematch from losing one on one to Cena and Shane won't give him one against Bray since he was pinned to get Bray the win.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This promo... These babyface pops... WWE should have done this 2 years ago, the stupid fucks.

In the past year I think Becky, Naomi, Bray and Dean are the people who did deserve that chant namely because a main title win had been really long coming for them. Everyone else who got it had already won some big belt before.

Top Bottom