• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

klonere

Banned
PLadjGf.gif

Prowrestlingsheet are reporting that Emmalina was scraped because Emma failed to impress backstage officials with the gimmick.

I give up.

From Prowrestlingsheet:

Sources tell us Emmalina was intended to be a throwback to characters like Sable and The Kat — however, delays were caused after officials felt like she wasn't committing enough to the role and ultimately they decided to just let Emma be evil again.

That just sets back the women's division. I wonder how hard the pressure was put on Emma to "commit" to this gimmick?

somedevil

From Prowrestlingsheet:

That just sets back the women's division. I wonder how hard the pressure was put on Emma to "commit" to this gimmick?

Seems more to this story. From Squaredcirclesirens:

The original idea was so cool. Shame the biggest backer of this got cut and others failed to invest in it.

Saying Emmalina was like Sable and The Kat is so untrue. The gimmick was amazing.

Seems like the idea started to crumble when the person who came up with it left.

Is there a trick to the suplex? Every time I see someone use the move, I see their head hit the mat and think "wow, that must damage his/her neck."

Xion385

Anyone attended PWG before? I received a receipt for my tickets, but never received my tickets yet? Do I receive tickets or do I just walk up and show my receipt?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Womens division has definitely changed, very slowly but it has. Saying it hasn't just because Mickie James and Nikki are still with the company is just silly

Nikki also got a lot better at wrestling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, if the stated goal was for Emma(lina) to just be hot, I don't get how she isn't committed enough to the role. She's pretty hot. *shrug* How do you "commit" to a role that's centered around your physical appearance?

Hasney

Is there a trick to the suplex? Every time I see someone use the move, I see their head hit the mat and think "wow, that must damage his/her neck."

Its mostly over the upper back and across the arms as the receiver spreads the impact. Even then, taking the most safely executed germans of all time, you've still got a punchcard before some form of neck issue.

Nikki also got a lot better at wrestling.

I mean, she throws some forearms now and again now. Still miles behind the rest of the class.

Anyone attended PWG before? I received a receipt for my tickets, but never received my tickets yet? Do I receive tickets or do I just walk up and show my receipt?

You can bring your receipt but you basically wait in line and you tell them your name. They then look you up and give you your tickets at the door. Show up early if you are general admission.

Just turned on Raw for the first time in months and it opens with a Steph and Reigns segment. Some things never fucking change.

Edit: ok and now Ronan is gonna beat up gallows and Anderson I'm guessing

Edit 2: lol fuck raw

I do miss Charlotte though. Wish the Queen was on SD

hamsjams

The lack of mass public outrage over Linda McMahon's appointment to head of the Small Business Administration is concrete proof that the WWE's ratings are in the can. If anyone was watching the company they would know the McMahons are barely qualified to run their own "small business", let alone make decisions that affect others.

Although she's one of the more qualified cabinet appointments. That says something about the chucklefuck-in-chief's decision making abilities.

Ithil

The lack of mass public outrage over Linda McMahon's appointment to head of the Small Business Administration is concrete proof that the WWE's ratings are in the can. If anyone was watching the company they would know the McMahons are barely qualified to run their own "small business", let alone make decisions that affect others.

Although she's one of the more qualified cabinet appointments. That says something about the chucklefuck-in-chief's decision making abilities.

What a double edged sword for Vince. He doesn't get raked over the coals for he and his wife buying a government position, but it's a sign of what a lack of mainstream attention WWE actually receives. Either is a nightmare scenario for him.

somedevil

What a double edged sword for Vince. He doesn't get raked over the coals for he and his wife buying a government position, but it's a sign of what a lack of mainstream attention WWE actually receives. Either is a nightmare scenario for him.

I just see it as she is considered sane so she is not going to get any coverage with all the crazy bullshit thats going on right now.

She needs to say or do something batshit crazy to get some coverage. Trump has out storied someone being killed by two female assassins.

Angry Grimace

Dudes, its mostly because the SBA is barely a cabinet level entity.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I will never, ever, ever shit on someone who takes an honest effort to learn wrestling, especially if they were already featured and failed.

Mark Henry could not wrestle for a decade after he debuted. I'm not just talking about how most wrestlers don't find the true core of their character until the late 30's like he did, I'm saying that he literally could not put on a compelling match whatsoever until 7 years ago.

The Bella Twins were worse than Kelly Kelly. One ended her career as about an average performer, the other one of the better women WWE has employed.

Ithil

I just see it as she is considered sane so she is not going to get any coverage with all the crazy bullshit thats going on right now.

She needs to say or do something batshit crazy to get some coverage. Trump has out storied someone being killed by two female assassins.

It's also because it's a minor position and she's a nobody to them. It's not like he put her up for Secretary of State.

somedevil

It's also because it's a minor position and she's a nobody to them. It's not like he put her up for Secretary of State.

Yeah I never heard of it before she was nominated in it.

She is minor compared to a racist in charge of DOJ and someone in charge of the EPA who doesn't believe in climate change or someone in charge of schools who never went to a public school.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I never heard of it before she was nominated in it.

She is minor compared to a racist in charge of DOJ and someone in charge of the EPA who doesn't believe in climate change or someone in charge of schools who never went to a public school.

Not going to public school is one thing, that's fine if they have a deep background in education with a focus on the public. It's more that she is against the very core ideals of a public education that's terrifying. Up there with the EPA.

hamsjams

Dudes, its mostly because the SBA is barely a cabinet level entity.

You guys are right that it's definitely a minor appointment, but there would totally be more kerfluffle about this (even just jokes) if the WWE was more popular and the government wasn't currently in the running for the Carniest Shit This Century Award.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You guys are right that it's definitely a minor appointment, but there would totally be more kerfluffle about this (even just jokes) if the WWE was more popular and the government wasn't currently in the running for the Carniest Shit This Century Award.

The WWE has finally noticed that their fanbase is largely (oddly) liberal and has kept pretty mum about anything Trump related.

Top Bottom