• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Pikma

Banned
I knew he was going to win before the match but all those fucking submission holds made me think there was an actual chance

You could say I got worked

I knew he was going to win before the match but all those fucking submission holds made me think there was an actual chance

You could say I got worked

As soon as Gedo and the towel were taken out of the picture I knew Suzuki was fucked.

Is there a difference between the Tiger Mask we saw earlier and Ibushi Tiger Mask?

Is the Tiger Mask W thing punishment for Kota for going to WWE for the Cruiserweight. Surely the world yet and push him just as Kota given how much more exposure he got from that.

Pikma

Banned
But yeah fuck this booking, it's pretty clear they'll make Okada look stronger than ever before with this new global expansion incoming

Hasney

Is the Tiger Mask W thing punishment for Kota for going to WWE for the Cruiserweight. Surely the world yet and push him just as Kota given how much more exposure he got from that.

No, Ibushi wanted to do it because he's crazy. That's what makes Ibushi Ibushi.

Yeah. Tiger Mask W is from the new anime and is Ibushi. Tiger Mask tonight is 'just' Tiger Mask.

Ahhh.

Was wondering given Tiger Mask ate a pin tonight so couldn't imagine why he'd be next in line for a shot lol.

Okada literally did fuck all in that match.

Still a great 4 hours but damn that ME was the definition of finish invalidating all that came before.

Ahhh.

Was wondering given Tiger Mask ate a pin tonight so couldn't imagine why he'd be next in line for a shot lol.

Okada literally did fuck all in that match.

Still a great 4 hours but damn that ME was the definition of finish invalidating all that came before.

Yep. Overall it was a good show.

That ending was fucking stupid though. Suzuki-gun look like jobbers. Who knows what now.

Yep. Overall it was a good show.

That ending was fucking stupid though. Suzuki-gun look like jobbers. Who knows what now.

They should have just done a straight back and forth match.

The knee work got stupid boring as soon as I realized it was just to set up Okada's one (x3) move out of nowhere comeback finish lol.

I couldn't stand that not once did Okada have difficulty lifting Suzuki. I kean fuck he literally dropped Suzuki's head on his injured knee and acted like it was nothing

cordy

Banned
this is like 10x stronger than roman reigns

i was wrong

okada is like 20 times stronger than roman reigns

This shit was worse than a Reigns match
Roman Reigns would sell that knee more.
raw

Back then they didn't want me

No. Okada's booking isnt usually this egregious.

Ok good.

Fuck that deadlift German Suplex at the end should have buckled Okada's knee. Instead he does it with ease and tons of power, holds on to it with ease, lifts him back up with ease, Rainmakers hin with ease and pins him with ease..

Stupid stupid stupid

They should have just done a straight back and forth match.

The knee work got stupid boring as soon as I realized it was just to set up Okada's one (x3) move out of nowhere comeback finish lol.

I couldn't stand that not once did Okada have difficulty lifting Suzuki. I kean fuck he literally dropped Suzuki's head on his injured knee and acted like it was nothing
Yeah this.

If it had of been a normal match and Okada had of sold the knee more or would have been fine.

I would have been down for it is Okada does the tombstone, his knee gives out after he hits it, just something to add some proper tension.

Loved that match, honestly surprised so many of you hated it. Okada's selling of his leg WAS excellent, don't let the fact that he went all fighting spirit and worked through the pain invalidate the great work he did in the first half. You just have to listen to the sympathy Okada got from the crowd to see that it worked. The final third was tense as fuck, love the slap exchange and I've got no problem with the finish, even though I was definitely rooting for Suzuki to win.

For the last several shows, according to Data West. And I trust him more than Bootaaay, who is just a filthy Okada stan!

Pffft, Dato's just a Naito stan. I'm a huge fan of BOTH guys and have no problem with either's position or booking, so I have the objective high ground :p

Pikma

Banned
Lol I knew someone would use fighting spirit as an excuse

That match was basically this but with 10 minute long submission holds replacing the chain
wwe-hell-in-a-cell-results-rusev-roman-reigns.jpg

There's no way to defend shit like that

I fundamentally disagree that the selling was excellent, he limped around sure but every time he did a power move no problem, dropkick no problem, a powerlift drop wherein Suzuki's head is dropped hard on Okada's fucked up knee no problem...

Once he dropped down from an irish whip every time after that? No problem. His knee was kayfabe fucked going in, Suzuki did nothing but fuck that knee for almost 50 minutes but Okada has the strength to resist a piledriver repeatedly, deadlit Suzuki into a german suplex and while still holding on pick him back up?

This was Super Cena era level booking and selling, put that in MSG and no one would buy it...

It also become hella obvious that Okada was winning once Gedo and the towel was taken out... so that rendered the last what 20 minutes kinda meh....

If they wanted an out of nowhere finish, don't do the despite me knee being fucked for almost an hour I can deadlife german suplex you and pick you up with ease finish. No, do the Diesel/Bret Hart finish, where Okada's knee is so fucked he collapses while in the piledriver position, forcing Suzuki to have to lift him and ala Diesel being kinda cocky about it, up and then bam either rainmaker out of nowhere and Okada falls on top, or small package. That sells the knee puts over the Rainmaker if you go that direction, and makes all the knee work that was you know literally 90% of this match at least be a factor in the finish. Instead the finish basically made 90% of what came before mean fucking squat.

I really wish NJPW World was modern. Trying to navigate or watch this anywhere but the web is damn near impossible. There's no time stamps in the player, nothing.

Oh Bootaaay, since you're up and also since I just remembwred, I wanted to get your take on probably my favorite match: Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy in a ladder match on Raw in 2002.

Keep in mind there werent huge amounts of kicking out of finishers and things like that. Suzuko never hit the Gotch Piledriver.

It could have been worse and it was an awesome match outside of the questionable finish.

It just sucka because the build was so good and Suzuki's interviews were batshit. They lost damn near every match so if they are indeed cycling feuds why would LIJ or Bullet Club or whoever be worried about Suzuki-gun after tonight.

Lol I knew someone would use fighting spirit as an excuse

There was a very clear before and after for the selling, the pivotal moment being...Okada getting fired up and showing fighting spirit. So yes, the fighting spirit "excuse".

This was Super Cena era level booking and selling, put that in MSG and no one would buy it...

But it wasn't in MSG, was it? It was in Sapporo, in front of a crowd who reacted in sympathy during the selling portion of the match, then were absolutely red hot for Okada's comeback.

If they wanted an out of nowhere finish, don't do the despite me knee being fucked for almost an hour I can deadlife german suplex you and pick you up with ease finish.

They didn't want to do an out of nowhere finish where Okada just manages to scrape by, they clearly wanted to show the champion's resilience, his passion, his fire, etc. Maybe they milked it too much at the start, but it worked for me.

Oh Bootaaay, since you're up and also since I just remembwred, I wanted to get your take on probably my favorite match: Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy in a ladder match on Raw in 2002.

Not sure I've ever seen it, tbh - 2002 ~ 2005 I barely watched any WWE.

miserable

Tana didn't lose to submission when he was champ either. But this main event was disappointing. All that building up Suzuki-gun and they won nothing. I'm pretty sure Suzuki will never win the IWGP belt. This was the best opportunity, he could have won it then next mont at the anniversary show Okada would win it back.

Now the next program is laid out for Okada with Tiger Mask W, then Kenny returns , then probably Naito or Shibata. Suzuki will be out of the title picture, because he is old. At best he'll get a run with the Intercontinental belt.

It was always going to be a long shot unless Suzuki signed a contract - I would've loved to see him with the belt tbh, even for only a few weeks or so, just so he could've completed the heavyweight title trifecta.

Zach

I realize this is a long shot, but the itch is back... I've mentioned in WrassleGAF before that I'm (or... I was... :/) an indy wrestler, but I haven't wrestled in 9 months. I have been prioritizing other stuff, but here lately I have the aspiration to just... get back in. I really want to see what I can do even if it's just as a hobby again...

But the problem is, I moved 700 miles. I used to live in Virginia, now I live in Massachusetts. I have no contacts, I have no ins, nothing.

I'm nowhere near a "name" so I can't just waltz into the more well known north-eastern promotions...

So, in a bit of a desperate moment, if anyone out there knows of anything going on with training/working in Western Mass/Eastern NY etc that isn't too "high level" on the entry point, please shoot me a PM.

Honestly at this point I just want it so bad because I would like to just step in a ring one more time and see if the fire is really there or if I just have the nostalgia.

Be careful out there, Randy the Ram.

...me and Zach...agree???

I'll join the CarlitWO.

I'm in a stable with Professor Beef and Man God now?! Father warned me about falling in with the wrong crowd. His words grow weaker as the days go by, though. If only my brother Menome hadn't started that house fire, maybe things would be different for me...

I'm pretty buzzed right now so I'm gonna be shootin.

Roman Reigns is awesome.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, Dental Plan, you card!

Top Bottom