• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Carnby

God bless The Internet Archive

W7wwIEY.gif

Why is this in gif format? I've been noticing a lot of you guys are doing this. Need to step up your game.

Mahonay

Banned
But I thought you hated Donald Trump and/or were #TeamWCW??
The halftime Heat I watched was like 1999-2000. I wasn't watching WWE when Trump had his storyline.

Sorry friend Zach, barely watched any WCW back then. I was a massive WWF mark.

Edit: oh and fuck Donald Trump

Ibushi is someone who actually seems to land on his neck purposefully a lot of the time. I'm always curious about the state of his neck after watching one of his matches.

Apparently Ibushi can no longer straighten himself out to his full height, as he'd had a number of neck injuries and shows reckless abandon for bumping onto the back of his head.

It does though. When you are "resilient" to that much of a degree, it crosses the line into being ridiculous.

Well, we're getting into agree to disagree territory. Although I will say that I don't recall anyone having such a problem with it when Tanahashi did the same thing vs Suzuki in 2012.

Well, we're getting into agree to disagree territory. Although I will say that I don't recall anyone having such a problem with it when Tanahashi did the same thing vs Suzuki in 2012.

I didn't watch NJPW back then, so I don't have context for it. And yeah, I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Tall4Life

reigns.gif

I checked to see what the reaction was on Wreddit and unsurprisingly everyone there is lauding the match for how great it is and how Okada is such an amazing face. Like fuck man, if this was Cena or Reigns they'd be bitching about how they overcame too many odds and buried Suzuki. I'd be bitching too and I'm bitching now. Suzuki and his faction are total geeks right now. He destroyed Okada's knee the entire match only for him to ignore the pain and hit three rainmakers. Even with a ton of Suzuki-gun interference that didn't help shit.

Data upset because at least Suzuki got to stand tall at the presser. Naito didn't even get that

Olds getting better treatment than the MVP

Cheers! One thing I miss living in the UK is how good the US do BBQ.
I stopped eating that shit over a year ago but man, bbq was some good stuff when cooked well. I'm not sure if you had it from Cali or Tennessee but their bbq is bullshit. The real bbq was in NC. The next time you make your way over here, go to kinston nc and go to king bbq. People who come from out of state are blown away from it.

You just forget all the Cena-Tanahashi comparisons or what?

Of course not, and if anything Tanahashi had the hardcore crowd even more vocally against him before (and during) the match - but when all was said and done I remember the general reception as being largely positive, yet the story and outcome were fairly similar to Okada's match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The office burying Naito as an '''''''''''''''angle'''''''''''''' wont be bought into until I get to see Naito go Austin/Monsoon on Gedo.

Beefy

I stopped eating that shit over a year ago but man, bbq was some good stuff when cooked well. I'm not sure if you had it from Cali or Tennessee but their bbq is bullshit. The real bbq was in NC. The next time you make your way over here, go to kinston nc and go to king bbq. People who come from out of state are blown away from it.

Sounds like a plan. The UK is getting there in bbq, but way behind the US. Most still think a bbq is a few burnt sausages and burgers.

Heroman

Banned
Caught up on New Beginning in Sapporo. It can be best summarized as

Okada: I AM BECOME ROMAN REIGNS, BURIER OF WORLDS
Eh, the difference between Roman and Okada is that Okada is one best wrestlers in the world while Roman isn't. Like if Roman was as good as Okada then I wouldn't care about the push he getting.

Menome

I have no idea about the wrestling from Japan, but I'm unsurprised to hear the big (dog) company over there has just the same apparent problems as the big (dog) Western one does.

Tall4Life

Eh, the difference between Roman and Okada is that Okada is one best wrestlers in the world while Roman isn't. Like if Roman was as good as Okada then I wouldn't care about the push he getting.

I can kind of see that but what's underlying the booking is still important to me.

klonere

Banned
I can kind of see that but what's underlying the booking is still important to me.

Okada's the ace and overcame an insane challenge in the Omega match. Suzuki's been out of the promotion for two years, his buddies all got beat up, he's coming off several bad losses (in another promotion). Okada isn't taking any shit from challengers anymore. Only

Naito will be the one to beat Okada again, and that will be a moment in time. Still willing to bet on that.

Okada already had his big losses when he cried like a bitch after Tana bopped him in the Dome

He's the true ace until someone knocks him off the land and ffs Suzuki was never gonna be the guy

Also Ibushi not being able to stand up straight is because he bumps like a loon

Foggy

New Beginning main event is the worst kind of match for me. I've never bought hard into matches that focus so heavily on that kind of limb work. It just does nothing for me.

Looking at all the wwe marks salivating to shit on this match is pretty funny though

Tall4Life

Okada's the ace and overcame an insane challenge in the Omega match. Suzuki's been out of the promotion for two years, his buddies all got beat up, he's coming off several bad losses (in another promotion). Okada isn't taking any shit from challengers anymore. Only

Naito will be the one to beat Okada again, and that will be a moment in time. Still willing to bet on that.

I get aces overcoming the odds, but fuck man so are Roman and Cena. He overcame far too many odds here. I don't see Suzuki as a credible contender anymore.

Top Bottom