• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That running powerslam is a thing of beauty

Such a classic move

UberTag

Those stairs weigh hundreds of pounds, folks.
KuGsj.gif

Wagram

WWE will be better off the day Vince goes. Sad thing to say, but when you've been creating on a weekly basis for dozens of years you become creatively stifled. Vince is creatively stifled.

Toki767

The thing that really annoys me in Reigns matches is that other than punches and kicks, the moment he hits any other move (in this case a Samoan Drop) he resorts to going straight into trying for a Superman Punch.

That makes his opponents look super weak when it takes 3 moves to win and it makes him seem like he can't plan more than 1 move in advance.

Rimfya

Banned
His matches against AJ last year at Payback and Extreme Rules disagrees.

"...but they had great matches against AJ Styles" keeps being said about average performers who have great matches with AJ Styles.

I'm beginning to think that's 100% because of AJ Styles.

What they accomplished in week 2 of Joes debut.

1. Making Roman look very strong.
2. Making Joe look like he can't beat Roman without a blind side attack and distraction.

UberTag

"...but they had great matches against AJ Styles" keeps being said about average performers who have great matches with AJ Styles.

I bet The Great Khali could have a great match with AJ Styles.

WWE will be better off the day Vince goes. Sad thing to say, but when you've been creating on a weekly basis for dozens of years you become creatively stifled. Vince is creatively stifled.
No it won't. You all think Hunter and Stephanie can do better? You're out of your mind.

cordy

Banned
- Joe blindsided Reigns and beat his ass up a good amount before the match.
- Joe was gonna lose to Reigns
- Strowman distracts Reigns so Joe can get a victory.

Lord Joe looks like shit here. The crowd didn't even give a fuck. There was no need for that massive beatdown before the match if it was going to end with Strowman coming out. That's 2 negatives.

And of course in a match involving a new talent dubbed the destroyer and the only real monster on the roster the segment is all about trying to get Reigns over as a face.

Vince, Rock had to turn heel to get over, so will Roman. This isn't hard.

Raw is stupid

cordy

Banned
And Styles is overrated by the internet community. He's the best wrestler in the company but yall never give enough credit to who he's in the ring against. None of the guys Styles has faced in his major matches in this company as broomsticks. They can all go.

My beef is that the pre-match beatdown leading to Joe dominating the match and winning wouldn't have affected Reigns all that much in a negative way. Being ambushed before the match starts keeps him pretty safe.

So what you get is Joe looking super strong and scary, and Reigns not being neutered (not that I'd care about that). Instead we got Joe literally destroying Reigns the whole match, then at the very end he somehow gets the energy to get a handful of hits in, enough to supposedly win the match? Really?

Even Cole comments on it. "I don't know how he does it! How he takes so much damage but still manages to come through in the end!" Gee, I wonder.

I don't hate Reigns, I just hate his booking.

Toki767

And Styles is overrated by the internet community. He's the best wrestler in the company but yall never give enough credit to who he's in the ring against.

He made a match with James Elsworth entertaining.

Multiple matches.

I don't know that you could say that about anyone else on the roster.

And Styles is overrated by the internet community. He's the best wrestler in the company but yall never give enough credit to who he's in the ring against.
There are lots of people (mainly.from NXT) overrated by internet fans, but Styles is not one of them.

They had a week to come up with a new feud for Joe with Seth injured.

"Maybe Roman?"

A whole week.
Seems like Reigns is in a feud with Stroman since they're facing each other at Fastlane.

cordy

Banned
He made a match with James Elsworth entertaining.

Multiple matches.

I don't know that you could say that about anyone else on the roster.

I stick by my statement. Ellsworth is amazing at playing an underdog babyface. Look at his interactions away from Styles and it's easily seen. It's like I said, people never give the others Styles goes against enough credit.
There are lots of people (mainly.from NXT) overrated by internet fans, but Stylee is not one of them.

Nope, he is one of them. When people start giving the wrestlers he goes against more credit then we can talk.

Pikma

Banned
Loool what the fuck are you talking about, who should we give credit? Old Jericho? Nap lover Reigns? Lazy Ambrose? Loud spot caller Cena?

The fact that you've liked AJ matches hasn't been because of his opponents.

shanafan

The comment was that Reigns makes everything around him worse.

Rimfya

Banned
Stone Cold was someone people identified with because he was a drunk who beat the shit out of his boss.

I dont know what Reigns is supposed to be. Some Samoan guy in a vest who is kind of rude a lot of the time?

Correct. Stone Cold was who everyone wished they were.

I stick by my statement. Ellsworth is amazing at playing an underdog babyface. Look at his interactions away from Styles and it's easily seen. It's like I said, people never give the others Styles goes against enough credit.

I think it's fair to say that Styles brings out the best in whoever he's facing off with. It's like the people on the other end try to raise their game as much as possible so they can try and match what he's doing.

The end result of that ends up being solid matches against pretty much anybody. I think giving some credit to Styles for that is justified.

Top Bottom