• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

They're going to try to put Finn's boring ass in the main event picture when he returns, right? Maybe Fastlane will be a triple threat? Or is Finn feuding with Samoa Joe since Rollins fucked up his leg?

GunBR

Oh, and fuck Roman
He can be good at the ring, or even great, but the problem is how everything needs to be about him

He fight for the belt at Rumble, show up at number 30, gonna fight Taker at Mania, gonna fight against the next big-monster of the company.
And with Seth hurt, who they call to make the first match against Joe? Roman

Even Cena had to share the spotlight with Orton or Punk some moments in the past.

At this moment even a heel turn wouldn't help, because they would keep making everything about him

But what is an undisputed fact? We all have to like the same wrestlers and mark for the exact same things?

Sounds pretty dull.
I think that's what he's saying, but like who you want to like.
Oh, and fuck Roman
He can be good at the ring, or even great, but the problem is how everything needs to be about him

He fight for the belt at Rumble, show up at number 30, gonna fight Taker at Mania, gonna fight against the next big-monster of the company.
And with Seth hurt, who they call to make the first match against Joe? Roman

Even Cena had to share the spotlight with Orton or Punk some moments in the past.

At this moment even a heel turn wouldn't help, because they would keep making everything about him
Roman doesn't book the show nor did he make Seth injure himself.

Lol Bliss is jobbing to Naomi in tag matches even on House Shows

This is the markiest crowd except when Bray Wyatt cane out lol. Then we got dueling Wyatt and Harper chants.

They work super well against each other btw.

Is it wrong to irrationally dislike Sheamus?
I hate seeing him every week take a spot.

I dislike him like other people dislike Roman Reigns.
He bothers me in the same way that Super Cena bothers me with his bright neon clothing

He looks like an overdesigned and overbranded unlikable piece of garbage that represents why I stopped watching wrasslin

That said, I've come to start appreciating his work as of late

GunBR

Owens has been pretty flat as champ, Jericho is the real entertainer of the two for me.
For me the problem with Owens is that he is a coward champ
He can make great matches, but always win with some fuckery or cheating

AJ had a better title reign because he won clean most of his matches. But he is an exception because WWE loves to make all heels cowards (except for monsters like Strowman or Brock)

Lol Bliss is jobbing to Naomi in tag matches even on House Shows

This is the markiest crowd except when Bray Wyatt cane out lol. Then we got dueling Wyatt and Harper chants.

They work super well against each other btw.

House Shows are always mark territory. One of the weirdest matches I saw was a Miz title defense versus Kane in which he DQ himself 5 seconds into the match which got him a lot of heat because people were into Kane.

For me the problem with Owens is that he is a coward champ
He can make great matches, but always win with some fuckery or cheating

AJ had a better title reign because he won clean most of his matches. But he is an exception because WWE loves to make all heels cowards (except for monsters like Strowman or Brock)

AJ Styles is a good looking, in shape great worker.

Kevin Owens is a comic book clerk who learned how to fall through chairs and get carried by Sami Zayn to stardom and along the way, learned to be a decent to good worker but it seen as great because he does MOVEZ~!

House Shows are always mark territory. One of the weirdest matches I saw was a Miz title defense versus Kane in which he DQ himself 5 seconds into the match which got him a lot of heat because people were into Kane.

It's almost like the crowds, largely single dudes with too much disposable income, that pay exorbitant amounts for PPV and RAW tickets aren't actually the majority.

Heroman

Banned

Kevin Owens is a comic book clerk who learned how to fall through chairs and get carried by Sami Zayn to stardom and along the way, learned to be a decent to good worker but it seen as great because he does MOVEZ~!

It's almost like the crowds, largely single dudes with too much disposable income, that pay exorbitant amounts for PPV and RAW tickets aren't actually the majority.
That's a lot of projecting your are doing.
I mean Kevin Owens is a comic book clerk? Like Really? Get that bull shit out of here

He bothers me in the same way that Super Cena bothers me with his bright neon clothing

He looks like an overdesigned and overbranded unlikable piece of garbage that represents why I stopped watching wrasslin

That said, I've come to start appreciating his work as of late
Look up his matches with John Morrison, especially their ladder match.

That's a lot of projecting your are doing.
I mean Kevin Owens is a comic book clerk? Like Really? Get that bull shit out of here

If you lined up 100 non-wrestling fans in front of Kevin Owens in regular clothing, and asked them, "is this person a clerk at a local comic book store or the current WWF Champion (because non-wrestling fans still call it the WWF)", do you really think WWF Champion would win?

Now, ask the same question with even say, Finn Balor or Samoa Joe?

Paracelsus

If you lined up 100 non-wrestling fans in front of Kevin Owens in regular clothing, and asked them, "is this person a clerk at a local comic book store or the current WWF Champion (because non-wrestling fans still call it the WWF)", do you really think WWF Champion would win?

b05816837a11c0bf45317wurta.jpg

220px-brock_lesnar_-_5wo1i.jpg

The problem with Owens is that shit he wears is his own ring attire, and a. he looks very goofy with it b. unlike Austin he can't just take the vest off and go shirtless.

Do you guys think Vince is the only one in the company that's championing Reigns? I wonder if Trips believes in him.
Roman, Seth and Dean are all Triple H guys.
[img=https://abload.de/thumb/220px-brock_lesnar_-_5wo1i.jpg] [img=https://abload.de/thumb/b05816837a11c0bf45317wurta.jpg]

The problem with Owens is that shit he wears is his own ring attire, and a. he looks very goofy with it b. unlike Austin he can't just take the vest off and go shirtless.
He needs to bring back his suits.

Ha ha ha awesome.

Just shows how over Wyatt is right now as a character since he gets pops in mark land.

Paracelsus

I mean look at this comic book clerk
_83581289_rexfeatures_4842807b.jpg

Other times, there was no internet and people bought into the product. Also it wasn't a product managed by a man that past his 70s jerks off to other people and his own muscular body

pointsmps3.jpg

dusty-rhodes-polka-dovupiq.jpg

A man can be fat and still be able to carry himself fine. Owens always looks like a man that was just called for a friendly amateur football game and just wore whatever he found in his closet.

Lothar

Banned
Just wanna say that I'm starting to accept that it's gonna be Brock vs Goldberg for the title and after almost 6 months as a champ Owens gonna be stuck on the US title match. At least he can finish Mania with a title, unlike AJ

And I kinda understand WWE on this one. The crowd will be hot for this match (even if Brock is boring lately and Goldberg will be gassed in 30 seconds), while the reaction for Owens vs Jericho would be meh

Even if this was the case (and it's not, it would only be meh if one of them didn't turn face), the crowd would only be hot for a minute because that's all Goldberg can do. Max 10 minutes, what a shitty WM main event that would be.

Kurita

Is it wrong to irrationally dislike Sheamus?
I hate seeing him every week take a spot.

I dislike him like other people dislike Roman Reigns.

I have a lot of sympathy for Sheamus and it pains me that people don't care about him anymore.
I was a hundred percent behind him during his first championship run.

Heroman

Banned

Why the fuck would I care about what 100 fans think.? What You're trying to downplay is that you were fat shamming and the same old routine.

Heroman

Banned
Other times, there was no internet and people bought into the product. Also it wasn't a product managed by a man that past his 70s jerks off to other people and his own muscular body

pointsmps3.jpg

dusty-rhodes-polka-dovupiq.jpg

A man can be fat and still be able to carry himself fine. Owens always looks like a man that was just called for a friendly amateur football game and just wore whatever he found in his closet.
Dude Dusty had a worst body then K.O and was shirtless most of the timeand you know what no one gave a shit cause he was fantastic. And in this era no one cares about bodies. It doesn't matter.

Paracelsus

Dude Dusty had a worst body then K.O and was shirtless most of the timeand you know what no one gave a shit cause he was fantastic.

Also it wasn't a product managed by a man that past his 70s jerks off to other people and his own muscular body

-^

"But he let him have the title for months" as a midcard champion, and the proof is like always, he's dropping the belt to a muscular part-timer for the real main event nobody asked for. If he didn't care, Owens would've been booked better, marketed better, pushed to be a believable heel champion people want to see fall at WMania at the hands of a face, like most wrestlemania main events.

Paracelsus

You can say whatever you want about the attire but body shaming is pathetic, get that shit out of here please

I only care about the body if it translates in abominable strength. If you can chokeslam Kane like this I don't care how you look like, which is why my hope is they feed Lesnar after he wins the belt to Strowman at "Backlash" or whatever they call it.

Did I say otherwise about the crowds? And what's with the Owens comment dude? Need I point you to Mick Foley?

Ha ha ha awesome.

Just shows how over Wyatt is right now as a character since he gets pops in mark land.

Yup, he's paid his dues, he deserves some sort of spotlight, he's a good worker and has a defined character, which is hard for the company to nail nowadays.

Heroman

Banned
-^

"But he let him have the title for months" as a midcard champion, and the proof is like always, he's dropping the belt to a muscular part-timer for the real main event nobody asked for. If he didn't care, Owens would've been booked better, marketed better, pushed to be a believable heel champion people want to see fall at WMania at the hands of a face, like most wrestlemania main events.

If Vince didn't care about ko he would've never made him champ and wwe can't book anyone let alone a believable heel
Also he dropping the belt to Goldberg because Brock vs Goldberg is the biggest match they have for better or worse.

cordy

Banned
Owens is great but the guy's title reign has been shit. He hasn't had one memorable feud and now he's going to lose it to Lesnar. I swear, his entire reign has been "ok when's he gonna get past this and ultimately lose to someone who's overbooked" and it feels like the guy hasn't even had a decent run being himself. KO's IC reigns were better than his Universal reign. It really feels like we're still within his first few weeks as champion because of how he's booked hasn't given him a legit foot in what he needs to be as a champion.

Styles is different. He's had memorable feuds with Ambrose, Cena and Ellsworth and along the way it felt like he was having a legit run. I've never had to think "ok when's he gonna lose this" and even when I knew he was losing it to Cena, I was satisfied. He's had a great run. The best part about it is Styles wins most of his matches clean. The only guy he's never beaten clean is (pinned him) is Ambrose. Everyone else? It's legit. It also registers for the future with them.

Got no problem with how they look. I do have a problem with how they're booked though. Maybe when Owens loses the belt and gets the US title he can have another memorable reign.

NastyBook

Is RBH still alive?
Give him some time. He probably didn't erase all NFL related viewing history from his youtube homepage and swear off Twitter for the next two months like I have. Though I may be able to swallow sadness easier than him. Hard to close your heart off to your team losing the big one like that. Takes practice. I could teach him if he's interested.

Until then...
dv30k1k.gif

cordy

Banned
Feud with Ellsworth memorable? Man i agree with your post but Ellsworth? Lol

Yeah because the Ellsworth feud actually made the Ambrose and Cena feuds better. Had it not been for the Ellsworth feud those feuds would have been way too long, it broke them up so we didn't get sick of them. Besides that it showed how Styles can do comedy as the lead guy if people didn't think he could do it and it also helped Ellsworth and Ambrose. Ellsworth looked like a big babyface and Ambrose stayed in the scene playing off of both guys. Also it increased AJ's reign length.

All 3 guys did their part in the feud. I loved it.

Top Bottom