• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Yeah one of these days I need to get a top 3 UK promotions list from you guys and download some shows. I enjoy Rampage, Ospreay, Eddie Dennis, Havoc, El Ligero and Scurll. I think I'm ordering Chapter 14 this week on pay day.

PROGRESS is a good choice. I think the World Cup is one of their best shows as well.

ICW's On Demand is pretty good, £3.75 a month, cancel anytime, so you can just sign up, binge on what you want to see, then re subscribe the next time there's a few shows up you want to check out.

Alucard

Banned
Just added to the ROH 13th Anniversary Show on March 1st:
grudgefull1.jpg

The rest of the card so far:

*Main Event - High Stakes 4 Corner Survival ROH World Championship Match*
Jay Briscoe (c) vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs "War Beard" Hanson

ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs Alberto El Patrón

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs ACH

Kornflayx

grudgefull1.jpg

Jay Briscoe (c) vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs "War Beard" Hanson

BJ Whitmer looks more like Snitsky every day.

I honestly think if they wanted to completely usher in a new era of "who knows what will happen" - I'd have Reigns win the match at Fast Lane; and then just get WRECKED at WM 31. Cena / Lesnar at Summerslam level of wrecked. 16 suplexes, and end the match by catching Reigns mid Superman punch and leveling him with an F5.

Next night on RAW, Bryan gets his title shot. And promptly gets destroyed by Lesnar, the same level that Reigns did. Bryan starts his comeback, goes to hit the knee...gets caught in the air by Lesnar mid knee; F5, 1-2-3. Rollins is ring-side to be prepared to cash in...and he just turns around and goes to the back. (Alternatively, if Lesnar is leaving, have more or less the entire Authority run in; so Big Show, Kane, a heel Sheamus, Rollins, and Luke Harper, in order to beat down Lesnar and cash in - but make it more or less an army that shows up to deal with Lesnar)

All I want is for Rollins to cash in like a jerk, and rightfully get the right to call himself the Beast Slayer, the man behind the chink in Lesnar's armour, the One behind the One behind the One in Twenty One and One.

No one else deserves that title lol.

RP912

Banned
We haven't had a good Fatal Four way in quite some time. We need one for WM 31 with Trips, Steph, Heyman, and Vince in each corner.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
He didn't beat Bray in the run-up, Bray beat him at the Rumble (clean I might add). Maybe he beat Cena at SummerSlam '13, but Cenas elbow injury can still be included if they want to book a rematch. Bryan hasn't beaten Reigns and Brock.

He has beaten Orton, HHH and Batista. Two of them are part timers. I don't think Bryans choices have been exhausted at all. And cherrypicking the two guys (Punk & Bryan) who got something out of dozens of Cena opponents who got buried, is not a good argument for Cena.

He beat Bray decisively in a cage match on RAW a few weeks later (at the end of the Daniel Wyatt idea).

If he wins the championship - he will (most likely) have to beat Reigns (at Fast Lane, or as part of the triple threat at WM) and Lesnar (at WM).

The problem is that there are not many full-time main event heels

Faces: Bryan, Reigns, Cena, Ambrose, Orton (when he returns)
Tweeners: Lesnar, Reigns
Heels: Rollins, Lesnar?, Sheamus (currently injured), Wyatt.

If Sheamus is still injured, and Lesnar leaves after WM; you have two Main Event heels. Wyatt and Rollins. That's it. (Big Show and Kane do not count, for the love of all that is holy).

I would not be surprised if Rusev actually goes over Cena - they might use Cena to create a new top level heel (they still have the "Cena has never lost to submission" card to play if they need it). If you're going to go with Bryan, you basically would need to turn Reigns heel and have Rusev go over Cena to give Bryan even some semblance of credible heel challengers.

Toki767

He beat Bray decisively in a cage match on RAW a few weeks later (at the end of the Daniel Wyatt idea).

1. That was before the Rumble match.
2. They were in a tag match against the Usos, which they lost.

I guess Vince is right about people having short term memory.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
All I want is for Rollins to cash in like a jerk, and rightfully get the right to call himself the Beast Slayer, the man behind the chink in Lesnar's armour, the One behind the One behind the One in Twenty One and One.

No one else deserves that title lol.

If you think Bryan has 2-3 years left in him; I think the best way to go about it is this (note: I'm a Seattle-ite, so giant Bryan homer)

Bryan beats Reigns at Fast Lane with Authority interference (Rollins hits Reigns with the briefcase, and Bryan sees it - but still blows up Reigns with the knee). Reigns now feels screwed over by the "good guy" Bryan. But, the WM crowds will cheer Bryan no matter what he does - use that. Bryan can even explain that they got set up by HHH that one of them was going to get screwed out of an earned title shot. But gives Bryan's character a little more edge, a little more dark side - something that is played up as "necessary to beat Brock Lesnar".

Bryan vs Lesnar happens at WM 31. Bryan hits Lesnar with the knee and goes to lock on a submission (LeBell Lock or maybe even a new one) - Rollins runs out, throws Bryan off of Lesnar, and gets ready to cash in. Reigns spears Bryan ring-side; Rollins curb stomps Lesnar on the briefcase, becomes champ.

You have Bryan & Reigns immediately set up as a feud, Lesnar leaves never having truly been beaten; and the chase is on for Orton, Cena, Ambrose, Bryan and even Reigns maybe against Rollins. If you want, you can have Heyman ally with Reigns (as the next big thing); or have Reigns cast his allegiance with the Authority (and blame the fans & Bryan for being jealous and screwing him out of his deserved title shot).

Alucard

Banned
For those interested, the final of the ROH Top Prospect tournament final is
Donovan Dijak vs. Will Ferrara.
Kind of interesting, but this year's field didn't feel as interesting as last year's. Plus, I'm positive both of these guys are going to be regulars regardless of the outcome.
Dijak
has "the look," and
Ferrara
has already slowly been getting over.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
1. That was before the Rumble match.
2. They were in a tag match against the Usos, which they lost.

I guess Vince is right about people having short term memory.

Ok..so you now have two main event wrestlers Bryan hasn't decisively beaten in the last 18 months. Woo? The roster is completely set up for a heel champion with a bunch of face challengers - and I think, more importantly, Bryan actually getting his "run" as a champion will end up hurting the underdog story dramatically. Bryan getting screwed by the Authority out of his championship reign again will continue to keep many of the fans who are supporting Bryan for meta-reasons as well as storyline reasons engaged.

Bryan has potential for a SCSA like working class hero - but people forget that the story was "SCSA gets screwed, overcomes odds, wins, gets screwed again, overcomes odds again, wins, gets screwed again, etc". Not "SCSA gets screwed overcomes odds, wins, and then continues winning".

Hey, Bronson - what's the deal with CHIKARA trying to do their shit 'in house' now? Did they have a falling out with SMV?

SMV claims they own all rights to anything they film. This allows them to do compilations, sell footage to TV/WWE, etc. But it fucks over the promotions, who see none of that.

Chikara went in-house so they own all the footage from here on. This allows them to sell stuff on their own, do a TV show, etc.

...Also, if you're a conspiracy theorist, you could assume that Quack's wife owned half of CHIKARA, and the relaunch + going in house is a way around that.

RP912

Banned
I wonder when the crowd going to start to shit on Carmella. Obviously she's not getting much of a response, it's like when Big Cass introduce her...the crowd just groans in uni-vision. She should have been used in segments than being apart of the stable. I actually enjoyed the segment with Enzo and Cass spilling hair removal on her dog and she's losing her shit because of it.

Sephzilla

I wonder when the crowd going to start to shit on Carmella. Obviously she's not getting much of a response, it's like when Big Cass introduce her...the crowd just groans in uni-vision. She should have been used in segments than being apart of the stable. I actually enjoyed the segment with Enzo and Cass spilling hair removal on her dog and she's losing her shit because of it.

I believe she got booed when she fought Emma. Crowd died fairly quickly when she came out.

RP912

Banned
I believe she got booed when she fought Emma. Crowd died fairly quickly when she came out.

She's not really a good wrestler to begin with....I can't think of anything she done in the ring that had me like "wow".

One thing for sure...she'll fit in the Divas roster like an envelope in a mailbox.

So, you're saying that Emma stole Carmella's heat.

Carmella is awful. I'd rather have Blue Pants/Leva Bates or Mia Yim, but especially Mia, since they have a Gail Kim-sized hole they need to plug on the roster.

grudgefull1.jpg

TV, Tag, and AJ vs ACH looks dope but I could not care less about the World title 4 way or grudge match.

Alucard

Banned
Ok..so you now have two main event wrestlers Bryan hasn't decisively beaten in the last 18 months. Woo? The roster is completely set up for a heel champion with a bunch of face challengers - and I think, more importantly, Bryan actually getting his "run" as a champion will end up hurting the underdog story dramatically. Bryan getting screwed by the Authority out of his championship reign again will continue to keep many of the fans who are supporting Bryan for meta-reasons as well as storyline reasons engaged.

Bryan has potential for a SCSA like working class hero - but people forget that the story was "SCSA gets screwed, overcomes odds, wins, gets screwed again, overcomes odds again, wins, gets screwed again, etc". Not "SCSA gets screwed overcomes odds, wins, and then continues winning".

I don't want Bryan to win the belt at Mania 31. I've accepted that it's going to be Reigns, and it quite honestly should be Reigns if they don't want to keep the belt on Brock. All of the other faces just don't have a good story going into Mania...Bryan's is too quick and dirty, Reigns doesn't feel like he's ready, and...well, that's about it. Out of those two, I'd still take Reigns because I think Bryan winning again in this way would feel cheap and "been there, done that." As much as Reigns might not be ready, him winning would actually be fresh and change things up. I'm cool with waiting for Bryan's run for another year or so.

Alucard

Banned
TV, Tag, and AJ vs ACH looks dope but I could not care less about the World title 4 way or grudge match.

I'll pay $35 for a three match show, and I'm almost positive the four-way is going to surprise a lot of people. There was a four-way between Cole, Styles, Briscoe, and Elgin at Field of Honor that was excellent in 2014, and I've no doubt this one can be equally good. ROH's main events typically hit at least the 3 star level if you go by the whole star rating thing.

Plus, not every match can be or even should be a five star classic. You've got to have shorter matches and maybe a stip match or two for variety. I look at Strong vs. Whitmer as a good #2 or #3 spot on the card.

jred2k

Here's a quick cut out of Ishii for KRNFLX.

FRciFE0.png

Thanks Vince for posting those. A lot of good avatars there for people not stuck with Prince Pretty.

RP912

Banned
Did NJPW put any more matches on NJPWorld besides the house shows for The New Beginning?

I hope they throw in more NWO japan matches.

I like BJ Whitmer a lot better now he's not Hillbilly Jesus trying to kill himself for our sins and is instead just a mean old veteran beating respect into these damn kids playing on his lawn, which for the purpose of this metaphor is a wrestling ring.

SMV claims they own all rights to anything they film. This allows them to do compilations, sell footage to TV/WWE, etc. But it fucks over the promotions, who see none of that.

So, WWE could make a Luke Harper DVD and use bunch of CHIKARA footage without having to pay CHIKARA a dime? That is kinda shitty.

Did NJPW put any more matches on NJPWorld besides the house shows for The New Beginning?

I hope they throw in more NWO japan matches.

They've added a few matches here and there, scroll down on the main page to see them - there's no way to see all the recently added media, however, which is a pain in the ass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like BJ Whitmer a lot better now he's not Hillbilly Jesus trying to kill himself for our sins and is instead just a mean old veteran beating respect into these damn kids playing on his lawn, which for the purpose of this metaphor is a wrestling ring.

Kind of sad he never managed to be somebody. So he's...himself.

It appears that WWE has once again changed plans for the WrestleMania 31 main event, according to a Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.

For the better part of 2014, it was expected that Roman Reigns would be challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the main event of WrestleMania 31. It appeared that plans were still on course after Reigns won the Royal Rumble. That was until fans outright rejected WWE's storyline plans for Reigns in a sign of fan defiance we hadn't seen since, well, the previous year's Rumble.

Daniel Bryan was originally booked to wrestle Sheamus at WrestleMania. Then, Bryan and Dolph Ziggler began talking about a potential WrestleMania match on social media. Now, it looks like fans have pushed Daniel Bryan right back into the WrestleMania main event mix.

According to Dave Meltzer, Vince McMahon recently changed his mind about the WrestleMania main event, with Daniel Bryan being added as the third person in 3-way match. The feeling after the Royal Rumble was that Vince McMahon would not want to do another triple threat match to headline their biggest show of the year, since they went that route last year. However, Vince McMahon heard the fan backlash to Roman Reigns loud and clear, held a meeting with top WWE officials and decided on Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan.

WWE.com ran a poll over the weekend asking who was more deserving of the WrestleMania main event - Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns - with Bryan earning over 87% of the vote.
out of touch old man...

why not have just had bryan win the rumble and they culd of kept roman in till the end to make him look strong. then booked like reigns vs hhh to get him more over.

Top Bottom