• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

This is totally amazing in my mind. Thanks, Bronson. Someone needs to do the youtube video.

tumblr_ndfzyvuUJN1qgk7zxo1_400.gif

So, WWE could make a Luke Harper DVD and use bunch of CHIKARA footage without having to pay CHIKARA a dime? That is kinda shitty.

Yeah, that's how that works in theory. Indy guys get paid if they make a comp for them, but not the promotions. Promotions could make a stink about it sure, but SMV's go to is basically 'it'll be too expensive a legal battle, so don't bother'. CZW owns the footage from when SMV filmed, for example, but they always refused to give up the master tapes, using that reasoning.

Kind of sad he never managed to be somebody. So he's...himself.

I'm not sure what else BJ Whitmer could have been? He wasn't going to get picked up by WWE, and I don't think he could put a match together well enough or had the connections to go to Japan. He's not the best base, so I don't see him going to Mexico. He's kind of the typical indy wrestler.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure what else BJ Whitmer could have been? He wasn't going to get picked up by WWE, and I don't think he could put a match together well enough or had the connections to go to Japan. He's not the best base, so I don't see him going to Mexico. He's kind of the typical indy wrestler.

10 years ago or more he had a chance, but...he's going to go the way of The Lizard. He survived a hell of a lot of rotten bumps, too.

JavyOO7

Mania should be 1 on 1. All hop aboard the Reigns train! ... then he'll lose it the night after to Rollins on RAW. Roman Reigns finally gets his dynasty run beginning Summer Slam, baby gurl. Balee dat, etc etc.

More WK9 impressions
Shibata looks like he doesn't even belong there. I feel his presence is that he should be main eventing all the time. His partner Goto ain't too bad either. Karl Anderson is 'eh'. Doc Gallows is okay. Ref lost control of the match in the middle and I did not like that. Crowd certainly popped when Shibata/Goto made their comebacks. The picture of them sitting on the canvas, arms crossed to their chests, and smiling all goofy like is a really cute picture.

AJ vs Naito was pretty good. Right away, Naito does a missle drop kick to AJ on the outside and they both land with a thud on the mat outside. Ow. This match is pretty good. Naito isn't terrible and neither is AJ. AJ's finisher has and will always be whack.

2 more matches to go!

Alucard

Banned
My current Pro Wrestling Fave Five:

1. Lucha Underground
Hot action on every show. Top notch production values. Fresh matches. Slick character background vignettes. Amazing energy from start to finish. This is easily the most entertaining hour of pro wrestling every week right now. So damn good.

2. WWE
Gotta give credit to the WWE post-Rumble. The triple threat on the PPV was great, the post-Rumble Raw interviews were great, the hype for Fastlane has been done well, and I've even enjoyed some of Smackdown. A lot of my enjoyment of their product has stemmed from Daniel Bryan, but they're doing a good amount of stuff right at the moment.

3. ROH
Alberto El Patron and Jay Lethal have been magical in the few exchanges they've had. There are some interesting story elements being thrown around with these new dudes in red masks. The action is typically solid, and The 13th Anniversary Show looks like a potential show of the year contender if the three big matches live up to their potential. Definitely feels like a bigger deal than Final Battle.

4. NJPW
I've enjoyed the post-WK9 stuff, but there are far too many random tag matches on their shows. That said, you can always count on some quality in-ring action, though some guys seem to mail it in with the hectic schedule they're working right now. I'd almost prefer that they slow it down, but that would probably mean less money in NJPW's pockets, so I get it. Looking forward to the next big PPV.

5. TNA
The red-headed step child who still thinks it's the 90s and walks around in his Metallica Master of Puppets t-shirt as if the album just came out 3 years ago. You can count on some pretty good matches here and there, but overall, this company has lost the plot, which is a shame when you consider their talent roster.

It's time for a WWE Main Roster Fave Five, because I'm curious how people are. My Fave Five is all about who I enjoy watching most.

5. Bray Wyatt
4. Mark Henry
3. Luke Harper
2. Rusev
1. Seth Rollins

At the moment, fave five all around:

5. Dean Ambrose
4. Luke Harper
3. Daniel Bryan
2. Seth Rollins
1. Brock Lesnar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate this year's WM logo...it looks like a f2p game app.

It works, considering the success of WWE Immortals and Supercard, as well as evoking a mental callback to the WWE Network, and their Play button.

It's time for a WWE Main Roster Fave Five, because I'm curious how people are. My Fave Five is all about who I enjoy watching most.

5. Bray Wyatt
4. Mark Henry
3. Luke Harper
2. Rusev
1. Seth Rollins

Fave Five most Enjoyable WWE Peoples

5. The Bellas
4. Cesaro & Kidd
3. Luke Harper
2. Seth Rollins w/ J&J Security
1. Rusev

I'm totally over Brine, because the more I think about Seth cashing in on Lesnar the more perfect it seems.

vince pls

No lie, at the Rumble live during the three way, I totally expected Bork to just murder Rollins when coming back, but when Rollins flipped out of the German and pasted him with the briefcase twice, I thought they were gonna give it to him for a split second.

And then Brock was all NAW SON

5. Brock Lesnar
4. Dolph Ziggler
3. Bray Wyatt
2. Seth Rollins
1. Daniel Bryan

Those are my fave WWE five currently. Yes I'm a Daniel Bryan fan and I won't apologize for it haha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk, whenever Rollins moves on from J&J Security, it'll be a sad day. His current heel run is one of the best things WWE has done so far this decade. Very believable and he's not hurting his character with every loss he suffers.

Alucard

Banned
At the moment, fave five all around:

5. Dean Ambrose
4. Luke Harper
3. Daniel Bryan
2. Seth Rollins
1. Brock Lesnar

Oooh, I like this game. Here we go...

5. Daniel Bryan
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Jay Lethal
2. Seth Rollins
1. Brock Lesnar

Oddly enough, no LU guys, but Pentagon, Mundo, and Prince Puma are all climbing the charts. So is Drago for that matter. Blah. This list would probably be different tomorrow.

Sephzilla

If you're going to put Bryan in the main event then just have him beat Roman at Fast Lane and make the main event 1 on 1. I'll settle for a triple threat match since it means Bryan gets into the main event, but Roman just isn't ready

jred2k

Looks at these Fave Fives, it's pretty evident there is quite a bit of positive going on in the WWE right now. It's really disheartening to see how they can put out a good product when they want to, but they just don't try for about eight months of the year. I really wish Survivor Series could become important again. It would be such a good anchor to that time of the year between Summer Slam and Royal Rumble when they really don't give a shit.

Alucard

Banned
Real talk, whenever Rollins moves on from J&J Security, it'll be a sad day. His current heel run is one of the best things WWE has done so far this decade. Very believable and he's not hurting his character with every loss he suffers.

Agreed. His character has been very well-protected, and that MitB briefcase has done a lot to elevate him. He's a character study in how you actually build up a guy by giving him a chance, getting behind him, but also putting him in the ring and seeing if he can sink or swim on his own. Thankfully, Rollins has delivered the goods in-ring. When I think of him, I think of his fall off the hell in a cell with Ambrose, his foot on Edge's head, he elbow onto Brock, his curb stomp finisher, and his all-around dickish persona. He's made me remember moments and things about his character, which is way more than I can say for guys like Wyatt, Ziggler, and even Ambrose. Ziggler had that ladder match at TLC and the big win at Survivor Series...which was ultimately nullified, so it lost a ton of its impact.

All Time Top Ten Managers

10) Lana
9) Classy Freddie Blassie
8) Miss Elizabeth
7) Slick
6) Mr. Fuji
5) Captain Lou Albano
4) Jimmie Hart
3) Paul Heyman
2) Paul Bearer
1) Bobbi Heenan

Rusev is the best thing in WWE for me right now. It's so simple and I'm honestly surprised at how well they've booked it and hooked people in. However a ton of credit needs to go to Lana and Rusev for making it really believable. When the flag botched last week, the way Lana and Rusev reacted was brilliant. They never missed a beat, totally stayed in character and improvised well.

What I've also really enjoyed is watching the shows from the 80s on The Network and comparing Rusev and Nikolai Volkoff; it's two similar gimmicks but done in entirely different ways. I'm sort of hoping that there's a 'PLEASE STAND FOR THE RUSSIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM' at Wrestlemania, the heat will be nuclear.

Luke Harper has fans?

He can work, has a character and mannerisms he never breaks from. He's fun to watch.

Top Bottom