• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Is Grado the UK's version of Colt Cabana?

I guess, sort of. Grado's story is actually pretty cool - he was seen as a shite 'weekend warrior' sort of wrestler for years, not really doing much in Scottish wrestling and generally being regarded as bit of a joke, but ICW used that notoriety and turned it into an underdog angle, giving him a platform to show what a funny fucker he can be. The entrance helped get him over in a big way, but he's got a ton of charisma and that's what makes it stick. Now he's booked up and down the county and working for TNA. I'd say the only thing that connects Colt & Grado is that they're both 'comedy' wrestlers, but the way they actually go about drawing laughs and entertaining the crowd is entirely different.

Now can we finally get him a challenger that would be viable to take the belt off of him? It's practically become his vanity title at this point. Hey, Naito's not doing anything...

They've kinda put themselves in a corner with the success of the IC title - on the one hand, it's great that the secondary belt can main event shows, but that also means that whoever takes it from Shinsuke is going to have to be a draw on their own, which is why I think they're hesitant to make the change. Personally I think it needs to happen soon, Nak's been tied to the IC belt for too long.

If they thought Fale was a draw they would have allowed him to defend the belt against someone other than Nakamura. We're talking about someone actually taking the IC belt away from Shinsuke and keeping it. Naito or Ibushi are the obvious choices, I'd say. Shibata as well, but we know that probably won't happen yet.

Don't worry, I'm sure Fale can win it again. Perhaps we can give Tama Tonga the NEVER title too.

Yeah, but Fale can't draw main events yet. He might soon as Japan loves their gaijin monsters, but not yet.

And I'd put Yujiro over Tonga as the NEVER champ. Tonga is one step above Cody Hall on in the Bullet Club hierarchy...then again, he DID get the win in several of the Road to New Beginning tag matches with Fale against Okada and Gedo...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they thought Fale was a draw they would have allowed him to defend the belt against someone other than Nakamura. We're talking about someone actually taking the IC belt away from Shinsuke and keeping it. Naito or Ibushi are the obvious choices, I'd say. Shibata as well, but we know that probably won't happen yet.

I, wishful thinking here, assumed they took the belt off Shibata because they last minute decided that Shibata would be the one to beat AJ. Since AJ is Tanahashi and Okada's cryptonite.

Some cosplay(?)/gravure girl is training to become a joshi.
B9Yg2hACYAAPaLY.jpg:small

B9TQMc4CYAAvru8.jpg

B8_u5gKIEAQxga6.jpg

She is going to get Yuzupon'd so badly. Apparently speaks English too which is always cool.
Are those all-natural, baby?

I like Tonga, he's been improving, even if half his offence is a love letter to Sting.

It needs to be every time because after a few months of brushing off DeMott's drills because he's a Triple H guy, they're going to have to paint in his pectoral and abdominal muscles.

C'mon, that's MetsFan stuff. We're better than that, bean.

C'mon, that's MetsFan stuff. We're better than that, bean.
Oh, I believe it completely. It's clear as day to anyone with eyes.

It's obvious just from the way the show is booked that some trainees are receiving preferential treatment and it's definitely not merit based.

jmdajr

I finally saw The Interview. I can see why Kim Jon why mad but you know... fuck him.

"Do you think margaritas are gay?"

TraBuch

Banned
How do people think Balor's gimmick will play in the WWE? Specifically the paint. Will it be looked at as corny by the casual viewer, like The Ascension?

It's obvious just from the way the show is booked that some trainees are receiving preferential treatment and it's definitely not merit based.

Pretty sure it was mentioned that when some of those guys signed they weren't on normal developmental contracts. However, I'm mainly laughing at the idea of a guy like Devitt who came through the NJPW dojo system being lazy and ignoring training.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quiet Storm's build and height would lend itself perfectly to working a midget promotion as the monster heel. Like he could be their Vader.
e96acebf259a8898c20176c6ce7c148b.jpeg

Sami Zandigahhan

Top Bottom