• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Ken Shamrock is vanilla during his intro. I know he's not in the wwf but it's jarring seeing ken shamrock all smiley and introducing his wife and fa...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

We are the Nation...of Domination
We are the nation a live and in color
Don't dis the man 'cause we'll bum rush your mother
Listen what I'm sayin'
It's for real not playin'
Faarooq is the man hit your knees and start prayin'
Power like the bear, but quick like the cat
Put 2 and 2 together
Put your face on the mat
You count the stars while the ref counts three
Hope you like to look at ceilings
'Cause that's all you're gonna see
He's harder than a rock
And he can't be stopped
You suckas step to the side 'less you wanna get dropped
Boys from the hood are on the M-I-C
Spittin' out the lyrics JC Ice and Wolfie D
Clarence Mason is the boss Crossin' Ts and dottin' Is
He tells the truth
The whole truth
He never tells a lie
Nation...of Domination

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What happens when That Mother Fucker meets That Mother Fucker?
OKSbDND.gif

A powerbomb, that's what.

TraBuch

Banned
What're these wrestlers best matches? If not best, just something really good.

Undertaker
Goldberg
Razor Ramon (Not Scott Hall)
Lance Storm
Eddie Guerrero
Billy Kidman

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Undertaker (Debatable. I love his match with Edge at WM 24)
Goldberg (Easy. DDP Versus Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998)
Razor Ramon (Not Scott Hall) (Easy. Ladder Match with HBK at WM 10)
Lance Storm (No idea. Maybe the Canadian Rules match)
Eddie Guerrero (Really hard)
Billy Kidman (Flea Market Champion Billy Kidman versus FUNB Real Ass Terry Bollea at...Slamboree 2000?)

Zach

Goldberg vs. Hogan on Nitro for the belt was awesome. More for atmosphere, though.
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels in the ladder match, duh. :D
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr. at some Halloween Havoc was amazing.

So I just finished a VERY fun Raw when ECW invaded in 97. I use the term invasion loosely because it was more of a showcase of ecw talent and some ppv promotion. Heyman was super respectful of Vince the entire night, already building that bridge. Lawler shit on ECW the whole night, but as a sociopath shithead heel that's expected. Vince himself seemed legit confused at some of the ECW talent, which is in line with what you hear about Vince back then. Other things that happened were the LOD returning (!) Jim Ross' father died, I spotted my first DIE ROCKY DIE sign and the Nation of Domination is super featured. Every RAW has at least two or more Nation related segments/matches

Also:
x1y1DRN.gif

whyyyyyy

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1997 might be the year of Raw I've seen the least of. I actually remember some of the 1993/4 RAWs I've seen so far and I watched consistently between 1998 and the end of the Invasion. Then I took off until right around the time Benoit died only tuning in every once in awhile just flipping channels.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bret Hart in particular was crazy over in Europe during the New Generation. Some of those tours really saved their bacon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What was the story behind the WWF - ECW cross over anyway?

Random as heck since Vince never really liked a acknowledging other peoples stuff

WWF was paying Heyman as a consultant and had an active talent exchange with them. The actual crossover happened because most of the roster was on the European tour.

CDiggity

This summer, HHH and Daniel Bryan embark on a journey of forbidden love inside the squared circle..

B91tlPrIMAANa7u.jpg

Yes, that is Steph, shut up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
wrasslin thread usually gives me stuff like that, that or hunting supply ads. Got a bunch for the Network around this time last year, which was fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just got an ad for All Gay Cruises. Is GAF trying to tell me something I don't know about myself?

It had to do with Ken Shamrock RTing a choice Strobogo tweet on the twitter machine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Having the next challenger come out at the end of the title match is such a good idea. WCW used to do it in its earliest days and NXT is doing it often now.

Ultratech

Did any LAO ever do anything with Chris Benoit?

Directly? Doesn't seem like it.

Closest they got to it was maybe "Spiraling Down", which deals with an old NFL player who gets arrested on prostitution charges and they try to defend him by saying that his mental capacity had been reduced by concussions during his career and stuff.

dakun

Bret Hart in particular was crazy over in Europe during the New Generation. Some of those tours really saved their bacon.

Yeah i'm from Germany and Bret Hart was treated like a hero here. That was when the WWF was at the height of its popularity here.

I remember him saying in his HOF speech and some interviews that he was proud to be a real world champion, and like him or hate him for his ego, he's actually telling the truth there. There was no wrestler before or after that was as over in so many countries as Bret Hart. (I'm too young for Hogan and Andre but i doubt they ever reached that kind of popularity when the WWF was just gaining some traction)

Showaddy

Having the next challenger come out at the end of the title match is such a good idea. WCW used to do it in its earliest days and NXT is doing it often now.

I actually thought they might bring Balor out briefly at the end of takeover to try and ease the pain of Sami's murder.

I see people hailing the Ishii-Honma match as MOTY-level, and I can't help but disagree. Honma matches just don't have any drama for me anymore. The motherfucker hasn't won a televised singles match in like six years. How could I possibly believe they were going to put a title on him? I spent the whole match just waiting for the inevitable. Maybe if Honma won every once in a while, these types of matches would have more drama. He could still be a job guy, but at least give him a big win a year or something.

I see people hailing the Ishii-Honma match as MOTY-level, and I can't help but disagree. Honma matches just don't have any drama for me anymore. The motherfucker hasn't won a televised singles match in like six years. How could I possibly believe they were going to put a title on him? I spent the whole match just waiting for the inevitable. Maybe if Honma won every once in a while, these types of matches would have more drama. He could still be a job guy, but at least give him a big win a year or something.

He won last month

acrid

Banned
What was the story behind the WWF - ECW cross over anyway?

Random as heck since Vince never really liked a acknowledging other peoples stuff

WWF was paying Heyman as a consultant and had an active talent exchange with them. The actual crossover happened because most of the roster was on the European tour.

and to a lesser extent, a lot of ECW signs were showing up in the crowd. There was an In Your House PPV where a few ECW wrestlers (I only remember Sandman) were in the crowd raising hell. Sandman spit beer on Savio Vega and JR lightly acknowledged it as local bingo hall wrestlers trying to make a name for themselves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, I haven't really been paying much attention to this Order 1886 stuff as I figured it was just another game, but I peeked at gaming-side and

what

Boy that's got one weird-ass audience

So uh...Owen vs Bulldog, March 3rd 1997 to crown the first European champ is the best match I've seen of that year, and I doubt it will be topped. As the wonders of the internet is allowing to relive 5 years worth of RAW, I figure I'll list down my favorite matches of each year. When I get six months in I'll give an update.

Top Bottom