• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pitfall2.png

Real best platformer ever

Cagey

Banned
the story wasn't BAD, it was okay, nothing more. I still can't believe some people were saying stuff like "I can't play anything else anymore because it's not as good as TLoU"

I don't know if the story was bad, either, but the story wasn't nearly good enough to keep me playing in spite of the horrible gameplay.

And yet you've got gamers and game reviewing gamers (journalists lol) pushing each other aside to have their turn stroking TLoU as some medium-revolutionary masterpiece. Post-apocalypse zombie type shit? Really? #fuckouttaheah. #nerveofdeezcretins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if the story was bad, either, but the story wasn't nearly good enough to keep me playing in spite of the horrible gameplay.

And yet you've got gamers and game reviewing gamers (journalists lol) pushing each other aside to have their turn stroking TLoU as some medium-revolutionary masterpiece. Post-apocalypse zombie type shit? Really? #fuckouttaheah. #nerveofdeezcretins.
I remember when they talked about their plant people 'not being like zombies.' They are EXACTLY like zombies as a storytelling device.

Every thread on Gaf that wasn't about Last of Us had the MCU-gaf ewquivalent trying to turn it into a thread about the Last of Us when it came out.

RP912

Banned
Since we sharing odd opinions:

1. Watch Dogs should have been on top ten of 2014 FACT

2. Sega Saturn>>>PS1

3. PS1>>>>N64

4. WCW Vs Nwo Revenge>>>>WWF No Mercy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since we sharing odd opinions:

1. Watch Dogs should have been on top ten of 2014 FACT

2. Sega Saturn>>>PS1

3. PS1>>>>N64

4. WCW Vs Nwo Revenge>>>>WWF No Mercy

1 no
2 yes
3 no
4 yes

and the Dreamcast was better than the PS2

Hard to disagree with any of this except watch_dorks. Just wasn't feeling it...

Dreamcast is a god-tier machine. Truly deserving of the hype. Biggest leap. Felt great. What a time to be alive!

You know who sucks at making good controls? Naughty Dogs.

The Last of Us was average at best, and I only played Uncharted 2 and never finished it
I think they control well enough but damn if Uncharted 2 isn't kneecapped entirely by how mediocre its shooting mechanics feel to me, once the spectacle has subsided it's pretty average.
TLOU is substantially better, a solid 8 if you will but certainly not a life changer. Less emphasis on wacky set pieces and more on shooting mechanics being actually enjoyable.

Here's another one

Rare games are wicked overrated.
I love 'em but at the same time you're not entirely wrong.
That said I think some of still worthy of their praise, others got punched hard by the ageing process.

But did you grow up with them?

Jak and Daxter felt very soulless and boring to me. Did not enjoy. Didn't go past the first one though. I did laugh at the comparison between the cover of Jak 2 and Gears of War 2.
I do like J&D1 even if it's a rather safe game, but god damn if Jak 2 is the most shit tier sequel I've had the agony of enduring, what a festering pile of donkey dung, permanently on my shit list.

I really like sanic adventure, its a nice glimpse to a time when game development was this hotbed of big fat stupid ass designs.

Sega took their mascot, gave him and his pals this cool graffiti styled redesign (that didn't quite translate into the games well enough), let their music guys be super experimental with a ton of different genres and stuffed a boatload of extraneous crap into a 1998 vidjer game. It was this defiant, crazy ass about face from sonic 3d blast in the face of the beating they were taking from the other guys.

Sure it plays awful but it's ballsy feeling, Sega wanted to make it a win.

Cagey

Banned
I remember when they talked about their plant people 'not being like zombies.' They are EXACTLY like zombies as a storytelling device.

Every thread on Gaf that wasn't about Last of Us had the MCU-gaf ewquivalent trying to turn it into a thread about the Last of Us when it came out.

Like... what? How? The zombies aren't like zombies? Man I hate zombies.

Everyone praising the last of us should read/watch the road.

The Road was an easier book to read than TLoU was to play, and McCarthy writes to purposefully frustrate the reader.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I loved Sonic Adventure at the time. I remember reading like EGM and them shitting on the camera but I was like 'ah that camer'as fine. get gud' then when I got older and went back to it I was like 'fuuuuck this'

TraBuch

Banned
Watching the third episode of Monday Night War and Jesus Christ, I've always known Lawler was a creepy dude, but I forgot just how much more blatantly disgusting he used to be.

Anth0ny

only weird jrpg fans would say ps1>n64

and that's no opinion, that's a mother fucking

djgtu52.gif

also, the mass effect games are boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. played through all of 1, nearly put me to sleep. a bit more than half way through 2 (everyone said 2 is the best in the series) and I'm forcing myself through it. character designs are ugly as fuck. gameplay is repetitive as hell. don't particularly care for the story, and I swear the first game has little to no effect on the second one so far. this was GOTY 2010? Over Galaxy 2? Red Dead Redemption? LOL

I can't see myself playing 3. even fans of the series seemed to hate that one.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, my Xperia Z3 finally came in the mail today, only took Vodafone damn near a month.

Remote Play is awesome though, this future of handheld gaming is awesome.

Too bad the crazy ass wacky game designs of the early 2000s and the claims that came with them would land you into a phone interview asking if you're a pathological liar nowadays~

Also: My favorite rare games? Nuts & Bolts and KI2013 8)

I think they could do something awesome with blast corps nowadays.

imBask

Banned
also, the mass effect games are boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. played through all of 1, nearly put me to sleep. a bit more than half way through 2 (everyone said 2 is the best in the series) and I'm forcing myself through it. character designs are ugly as fuck. gameplay is repetitive as hell. don't particularly care for the story, and I swear the first game has little to no effect on the second one so far. this was GOTY 2010? Over Galaxy 2? Red Dead Redemption? LOL

I can't see myself playing 3. even fans of the series seemed to hate that one.

the Mako in ME1 really destroyed the almost non-existant interest I had while playing the game, I dropped the serie there

Heroman

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;152475899 said:
Too bad the crazy ass wacky game designs of the early 2000s and the claims that came with them would land you into a phone interview asking if you're a pathological liar nowadays~

Also: My favorite rare games? Nuts & Bolts and KI2013 8)

I think they could do something awesome with blast corps nowadays.

Rare didnt make KI2013

imBask

Banned
So, my Xperia Z3 finally came in the mail today, only took Vodafone damn near a month.

Remote Play is awesome though, this future of handheld gaming is awesome.

i'm sad, the Vita might not make it to 2016 tbh... it's such a good/powerful console

Never let it be said I don't accept when there's a great game, no matter the budget. Spelunky is that mother fucking platformer. Perfect in every way. I don't think there's any way to improve it, honestly.

Make the ghost move faster over time to speed up Ghost Mining.

Other than that, perfection.

Alucard

Banned
Did you two grow up in your preteen or a little earlier years with a PS1? That's the only explanation I can come up with for why you'd enjoy those pretenders.

My first system was an NES. I'm turning 34 in a month. I love me some classic platformers, but Crash 2 and the first two or three Spyro games were damn good too.

Currently playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii and it's been hitting the right nostalgia buttons since about World 4.

Samoa Joe @SamoaJoe · 17m 17 minutes ago
I have decided to part ways with @ImpactWrestling. My very best to them moving forward, and my eternal thanks to the fans.

tJbAv6B.png

Great opening video for the gauntlet really put the rankings over huge. Then they had Angle do a blink and you missed it promo, followed by another one from Lashley. Wolves and Hardy beat the Revolution, but ate a beating and then Storm ordered Abyss to take out Manik so he did. CAN ANY TEAM IN TNA GET ALONG!? Spud and EC3's stuff was fun. Anderson was hit or miss, but they got the shaving stip over quickly with Tyrus tonight. Grado-Snow was a lot of fun, in part due to the commentary and them keeping in Grado's full intro with a knock-off, so you still got the clapping visually, but couldn't hear it. Galloway came off like a huge deal in the post-match deal and fucked Ki up something fierce. Knockouts title match was short, but set up an awesome 3-way program with Taryn-Gail-Kong.

EY-Tommy was a going through the motions version of every Tommy Dreamer match since 2000. The Mickie-Bram stuff was fantastic and right in line with HHH's bit about how you've got to make the female roster seem tough. Mickie came off as someone who didn't just say that she took no shit, but backed it up by attacking the guy who assaulted her fiance. She was a total badass, and it's a shame we're not getting this story on WWE's main roster with all three being treated like serious deals. Lashley is SUCH A BAD PROMO. Jesus. Get him a talker!

Gauntlet was a thing. Good to see Melendez back on the roster. No one was given much time to shine here though until SPUD AND TYRUS HAD A FANTASTIC EXCHANGE. Spud ran wild with great running forearms, but ate a lifting Samoan spike to Spud. He took out Koya, ate mist, and got eliminated by Anderson. I dug the MVP-Kurt stuff. Not sure if MVP got hurt on the ropes or what. Loved the post-show video NOT COMPLETELY SPOILING THE SHOW FOR ONCE, and MVP-Lashley could be good.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/tna-impact-wrestling-2-20-15.html

Screens

WWE was right to fire Josh -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r1rt8y69jj4bs4tgyk2cqjouu5rpmbwe

Top Bottom