• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Garbage List of Garbage Platforming Games

5. Ratchet and Clank series - just horrible
4. Crash Bandicoot - What an uninspired, shit mascot with poor games
3. Megaman X - the fuck you foolin, this is a shadow of its former self
2. Rayman Series - Dogshit platformer, every single time
1. Spyro Series - who you foolin

Sephzilla

SNES >PS1 > N64 if you like JRPGs.

djgtu52.gif

Get the fuck out of here. Mega Man X is single handily better than anything else that franchise dumped out.

RP912

Banned
Ps1/n64 era are one worst era of video games. Everything time I try to play that era games I never finish them.

To be fair it felt like a transitional era. Technology was growing slowly but surely. It didn't hit the peak until Dreamcast came out. Dreamcast is like the ECW of Sony's WWE and Nintendo's NWA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does someone seriously think the N64 had a decent JRPG output? I don't even think that's a point of contention, no matter how much you love Quest 64.

You're garbage and everything you wrote is garbage.

Alucard

Banned

YOU MOTHERFUCKER I WILL SCRATCH YOUR CORNEA.

Crash 2 is top 10 of all time in terms of platformers.

Sonic is good. People tend to overrate the Adventure games due to nostalgia, but holy mother of god are they garbage now. The Genesis games are still good, obv.

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 are legendary platformers that still hold up today. Crash Team Racing is also a Top 3 kart racer, next to Sonic Transformed and Double Dash. Mario Kart 64 has not held up well at all, and is best forgotten along with WarGames.

Kaladin

I won't argue with you on that one, SNES had some great JRPGs. Then that mantle went to Sony when the PS1 hit, and stayed with them on the PS2. They relinquished that title though when the DS and 3DS hit. I feel like Nintendo is the reigning and defending home for great JRPGs now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean shit, if you wanna talk best platformer of ALL TIME?

ALL TIME?

It's not even a question. God among games:
CxwB2Oj.jpg

Spelunky is fucking PERFECT.

I'm only here to come to the defence of Rayman.
Rayamn 2, Origins and Legends are the good stuff.

Oh and while I don't like MMX nearly as much as Classic, the first two ain't garbage but then again I haven't played the rest and by all accounts after 4 it doesn't seem recommended. The rest I'm indifferent to so go ahead, though I'd add that I don't really consider R&C much of a platformer, well maybe it's like the 3D take on an action platformer but it could use more actual platforming, not bad but not for me.

RP912

Banned
I mean shit, if you wanna talk best platformer of ALL TIME?

ALL TIME?

It's not even a question. God among games:
CxwB2Oj.jpg

Spelunky is fucking PERFECT.

One day I will give the fucking Afro dude his key so I can finally see the next level. Until then Spelunky is a game that I hate but goddamn I love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
mmmmyes my indie game > all your corporate mainstream swill. mmmmm

Never let it be said I don't accept when there's a great game, no matter the budget. Spelunky is that mother fucking platformer. Perfect in every way. I don't think there's any way to improve it, honestly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mario 64 is the best platformer of all time because it's ambitious and revolutionary.

Spelunky just takes an old C64 game and fine tunes it. Can't be the best when you're not doing anything new.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

La-Mulana is fucking dope, my only complaint is that it's too thinky for my brutish brain. Less thinky more runny. What a hellacious soundtrack though, sounds like an 80s anime. You know, the good kind.

Did you two grow up in your preteen or a little earlier years with a PS1? That's the only explanation I can come up with for why you'd enjoy those pretenders.
Don't try to pull this age card either. These were great games that I can go back and enjoy still to this day.

Spyro 1&2 are great, Crash 1-3 were good games.

Also, R&C came much later and the first three games were magic, better than any platformer Nintendo put out for the GC.

What's your opinion on Jak & Daxter?

imBask

Banned
You know who sucks at making good controls? Naughty Dogs.

The Last of Us was average at best, and I only played Uncharted 2 and never finished it

Kaladin

I feel like I grew out of platformers a while ago. I like RPGs as my #1 genre, and I tend to go to sports titles for my #2 as they can lean to the aspects of RPGs that I like (team building and building a character over time).

Spelunky is one of the few games I've played that makes procedurally generated stage design really quite great, that's an achievement in itself because usually I'm running in the opposite direction upon hearing randomised level design.

Sonic is good. People tend to overrate the Adventure games due to nostalgia, but holy mother of god are they garbage now. The Genesis games are still good, obv.

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 are legendary platformers that still hold up today. Crash Team Racing is also a Top 3 kart racer, next to Sonic Transformed and Double Dash. Mario Kart 64 has not held up well at all, and is best forgotten along with WarGames.
You were doing well until legendary platformers and Double Dash which is just decent and not in contention with the goodness of transformed.
MK64 might as well just be renamed Block Fort 64.

I liked Sonic Colors and Generations better than ALL the New Super Marios and Mario 3D World.

This is the first song I test new speakers with every time.
You chose the correct track.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't try to pull this age card either. These were great games that I can go back and enjoy still to this day.

Spyro 1&2 are great, Crash 1-3 were good games.

Also, R&C came much later and the first three games were magic, better than any platformer Nintendo put out for the GC.

What's your opinion on Jak & Daxter?

But did you grow up with them?

Jak and Daxter felt very soulless and boring to me. Did not enjoy. Didn't go past the first one though. I did laugh at the comparison between the cover of Jak 2 and Gears of War 2.

Top Bottom