• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

It feels like No Way Out 2007.

Remember that stinker?
Nope, I gave up on wrestling after Eddie lost the belt to MaggleMan. Only to get pulled back in by Wrasslegaf late last year.

Also my personal fav Mario is SMW because that was the one that I grew up with and really has an amazing sense of charm, but let's be honest the game is kind of broken with the introduction of Yoshi and being able to just fly over stages.

Mario 64 is probably the most perfected game of the bunch when it comes to just straight platforming gameplay.

I was thinking the invasion era. It's the game that Nintendo rushed to develop [citation needed] and in general the kind of experiment most fans would like to forget.

I think I can agree with this, the FLUDD-less obstacle courses and vertically designed stages are basically the equivalent of the solid Austin/Angle rivalry trying to prop up the rest of it, just remember the good bits.

dream

Does anyone remember which month's thread contains strobo's investigation of Islam, in which he discovered that it's not actually the peaceful religion that many of its proponents claim?

scabro

Nah

Spyro_the_Dragon.jpg

damn son you just hit me with the nostalgia stunner

ill take a swig of a water for the workin man

Kaladin

Nope, I gave up on wrestling after Eddie lost the belt to MaggleMan. Only to get pulled back in by Wrasslegaf late last year.

The main event for that one was an interpromotional tag match with Batista and The Undertaker vs John Cena and Shawn Michaels. Cena and HBK were tag champs at the time, and both teams were feuding over their brands belts. I think Batista was the Smackdown champ and Cena was the Raw champ.

It was master class in booking while treading water to get to the main event at Mania.

Did Sheamus do anything last night or has his return been delayed to FAST LANE

I just want Real-Ass TMF Sheamus already

Seriously. Just have Roman win and then build up a redemption storyline for Bryan in making him vulnerable and then make him this raging ass-kicking face that got him over in the first place (Yes, i know Hell No played a huge role, but he's past that now) and just fucking wrestle. Putting him in the Rumble in the first place was a mistake.

Guys, gimme some songs with sax solos. I already got Baker Street and Val Venis' theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPoBHX82uw

RP912

Banned
It's very funny but mostly sad to see kids who didn't have a N64 try to act like Spyro or Crash Bandicoot are worth anything.

Spyro and Crash was the shit and I had a N64. Mario 64 will never come close in my opinion. I like Mario 64 but it's not the mecca of video games in my opinion.

I tried to play Super Metroid for the first time last year, it's alright but without the nostalgia factor, I hated the controls... the triggers to aim up and down are really outdated

I didn't play it until 2007, the controls are a touch too odd for it to make my favourite despite everything else being great, Fusion and Zero Mission spoiled me by being more precise.

I'm dying to see whats the consensus of Crash Bandicoot from Wrasslegaf...
An average trio of games that are playable and look nice considering the time, but man the design just gets so samey and the 3D corridor level structure makes it means it lacks the strengths of a fully 2D or 3D platformer.
Ripper Roo is pretty neat though.

You want to talk overrated games on gaf?

Holy shit, Okami. Holy shit.
I hate Issun with the fury of a thousand suns, little git never shuts up even by Zelda-like game standards.

Why is no one mentioning the Sonic The Hedgehog series?
I'm waiting on esteemed leader Beef to bring it up first.

RP912

Banned
The only N64 games that kept my interest was WCW/WWF games, Jet Force Gemini, Bomberman 64, and Blast Corps. Other than that...meh.

RP912

Banned
Crash Bandicoot is an example of "if it works don't fix it" type of game. When they brought that shit to the ps2...holy mother of pearl :/ :/ :/.

RIP Crash :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
N64 didn't have a ton of games.

But it had enough amazing ones to make up for it. If I wasn't a kid with lots of nearby friends, I can't imagine I would have near the fondness for it. That said, I don't think much of PS1's library either.

I played my Saturn more than both just so I could play Fights Megamix, Virtua Cop, Die Hard, and Daytona.

Crash Bandicoot is an example of "if it works don't fix it" type of game. When they brought that shit to the ps2...holy mother of pearl :/ :/ :/.

RIP Crash :(

Well Wrath of Cortex was basically just another round of basic Crash gameplay like a spiritual Crash 4 albeit at a lesser level of quality, I think at that point they'd burned out that style of gameplay.
And then they proceeded to break the shit out of it in the attempt to rejuvenate it so yeah.

Top Bottom