• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I'd be more okay with Brock winning if the build up for it wasn't so ungodly one sided. They did nothing to build Brock up as a threat for that match. So it came off as one of those Vince "NOBODY WILL EXPECT THIS LOL" moments

WE NEED SOMETHING BIG FOR MANIA DAMN IT

kiguel182

Right now its because they have to produce too much content.

NXT is able to do a slow burn because they have a large enough roster and they don't over expose guys. Plus they only have a PPV type event every 2 months.

The brand split was a perfect idea that they fucked up because Vince was jealous at Heyman's success with smackdown. Each program was on TV once a week and had a PPV every 2 months with potential mega PPVs like Mania and Summerslam.

Right now their roster is too small since they make at least 7 hours of content a week.

There was a main event where Kane beat Erik Rowan only for him to come out in a 3 on 3 tag match and have a big spot. They made him look weak then when he came out again nobody cared. It's 50/50 booking in short term bursts.

They should either only have a 2 hour RAW or two different rosters and creative for Smackdown.

The way they do things now just boils down the product.

Alucard

Banned
Very stack card and it's in Vegas. We should make DM go and do a report on it

That's a shame, but it's probably the best way to handle things given that they can't guarantee the quality of live streaming an iPPV and that fan's faith in their ability to deliver a technically sound broadcast is at an all-time low.

Of note is that Moose vs. Mark Briscoe seems to have been dumped in favor of the more interesting Cedric Alexander vs. Matt Sydal match.

RP912

Banned
That was the god tier Steph era no?

download1.jpg

yessir.

Blond Steph>>>>>

Have BNB and Ambrose had any good promo segments together in this feud? They're both good talkers so I feel like they could have a good segment or two despite bad writing, and I'm still gonna wanna see the match anyway

The original brand split only worked in 2002 because the roster was full of stars from head to toe with SCSA, The Rock, Hogan, NWO, Flair, Kurt, HBK, Taker, Brock etc not to mention a VERY strong mid card. The roster has never been more stacked so they had to do it. Now it wouldn't work because there is virtually no depth to this roster and they already have a 3hour show.

I was reading Eddie Guerrero's book yesterday and I lost my sh*t when he started taking about his story angle about studying to get his G.E.D. It wasn't written in a funny way, he just mentioned it in passing but it's seriously the funniest thing I've ever read. I wish I could just watch a playlist of all the segments of this angle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blonde Stephanie is shit.

Modern Stephanie > pre boob job Stephanie > brunette Smackdown GM Stephanie > Blonde Stephanie

Played The Order for an hour and buyers remorse is starting to set in. For a game that's touted heavily for its story, the introduction is rather tepid. QTE's are of the 'fail and replay the last minute' variety, then there's the actual gameplay which is not only unimaginative and unremarkable, but also lacking severely in gunplay. At the very least a TPS should be satisfying when gunning down grunts, not a chore. And that's kinda how it feels Ready At Dawn regarded the actual gameplay; as a chore, a necessary evil getting in the way of their much vaunted 'filmic' narrative.

Moving on, Hand of Fate is a great little game that I've been enjoying a lot. It's a bit rough around the edges, but such a cool concept. Part 3rd person beat 'em up, part deck builder, part roguelike, part 'choose your own adventure' book, all with a really cool presentation. Well worth the $20 it cost already and I'm barely a 1/4 of the way through the story mode.

Oh yeah, wrestling;

6DHdCGw.jpg

Played The Order for an hour and buyers remorse is starting to set in. For a game that's touted heavily for its story, the introduction is rather tepid. QTE's are of the 'fail and replay the last minute' variety, then there's the actual gameplay which is not only unimaginative and unremarkable, but also lacking severely in gunplay. At the very least a TPS should be satisfying when gunning down grunts, not a chore. And that's kinda how it feels Ready At Dawn regarded the actual gameplay; as a chore, a necessary evil getting in the way of their much vaunted 'filmic' narrative.

Dem graphics tho...

That's what matters, right?

The original brand split only worked in 2002 because the roster was full of stars from head to toe with SCSA, The Rock, Hogan, NWO, Flair, Kurt, HBK, Taker, Brock etc not to mention a VERY strong mid card. The roster has never been more stacked so they had to do it. Now it wouldn't work because there is virtually no depth to this roster and they already have a 3hour show.

I've watched a few 2002 shows this week alongside TNA's Weekly PPVs. It's crazy how much 'natural charisma' the WWE has available to it from top to bottom.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my prediction for bryan/reigns match at fastlane

randy orton returns costs bryan the match and sets them in a feud for wrestlemania. brock beats reigns at wrestlemania to which seth cashes in and beats brock to which seth and reigns feud into summerslam

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are those all-natural, baby?

Actually no they are not

Played The Order for an hour and buyers remorse is starting to set in.

Thanks for posting that in here, a safe haven. If you posted that on gaming-side you'd either get lynched or banned. Safe House WrassleGAF.

Did you learn your lesson this time about pre-purchasing? Or no? I went back to my big regret, Destiny, about a week ago and I'm having a lot more fun with it now that my expectations bottomed out.

Xater

You should have listened to me Boots. Been saying to be wary ever since I played it first in August

Then they will job him out to the bum Hanson.

They'll feed Joe some sloppy joes and then feed him to Ciampa.

I really wish I could find photos from this indy show where some fans threw sloppy joes at Samoa Joe.

Edit: Still can't photographic evidence, so this post from The Burning Hammer back in 2007 is the only account of fans throwing sloppy joes at Samoa Joe that I can find.

Did you learn your lesson this time about pre-purchasing? Or no? I went back to my big regret, Destiny, about a week ago and I'm having a lot more fun with it now that my expectations bottomed out.

The only games I pre-order are Atlus games. I can't help myself.

Scottify

Non-wrasslin' related, but are there any games you've purchased recently where you felt that you got more than your money's worth?

For me, it's Prison Architect. I bought in for $5 and have put so many hours into it.

Heel

Brock now a lock for WWE?
Mark Frenlen

Sources close to the situation can allegedly confirm that due to UFC's newly announced PED testing policy, it's very likely that Brock Lesnar will be resigning with WWE in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania. Sponsorship restrictions with Reebok are also said to play a role in this decision, along with rumors that Lesnar would rather stand in the ring silently 30 times a year for millions of dollars, rather than get punched in the head.

Wrestling 25/8 - Subscribe to the newsletter

Wow, there it is.

Orton needs to come back and save the WWE.

wwe-23082013-randy-orton-wwe-title-pose.jpg
He'll be shat on 2 weeks after he comes back.

Moving on, Hand of Fate is a great little game that I've been enjoying a lot. It's a bit rough around the edges, but such a cool concept. Part 3rd person beat 'em up, part deck builder, part roguelike, part 'choose your own adventure' book, all with a really cool presentation. Well worth the $20 it cost already and I'm barely a 1/4 of the way through the story mode.

Oh yeah, wrestling;

6DHdCGw.jpg
Wait, I thought you said cancelled your preorder?

jmdajr

Non-wrasslin' related, but are there any games you've purchased recently where you felt that you got more than your money's worth?

For me, it's Prison Architect. I bought in for $5 and have put so many hours into it.

Destiny and Diablo.

They were gifts!

Xater

Wasteland 2 because I only backed it for 15 bucks on Kickstarter. Turned out to be amazing value. The other one would be Doorkickers. Fantastic game with lots of content. I think that is also just 15 bucks. Doorkickers is also basically the Rainbow Six planning phase as the whole game, so if that sounds good to you get it.

Brock staying with WWE would be amazing. Just turn him face and he will be the new company man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom