• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, Frenlen's back on the beat.

Non-wrasslin' related, but are there any games you've purchased recently where you felt that you got more than your money's worth?

For me, it's Prison Architect. I bought in for $5 and have put so many hours into it.
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Aiii

So not worth it
Reigns won't have the best match, even with Bryan. Rusev vs Cena gets that honor.

Non-wrasslin' related, but are there any games you've purchased recently where you felt that you got more than your money's worth?

For me, it's Prison Architect. I bought in for $5 and have put so many hours into it.
PA is great, good choice.

Persona Q for me, 20 hours in almost and still only on the second dungeon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Freck gets banned for being insulted and defending himself and then banned for posting something someone else wanted, but Mr.SquaredCircle gets his own poll push.

Freckle never made any content for us. Also, this isn't a poll push - what if the results say overwhelmingly people aren't excited for Stro's return?

Been playing the hell outta nosgoth which was free, nto sure if it counts then :$

Man, they let go of a new guy here that was under performing. I knew he wasn't doing so hot with the upper management but I was able to help him with a lot of work and get it looking good. Felt like he was the hakushi to my bret~ Feels bad, man.

Heel

Who will have Match of the Night at Fastlane? *
Goldust vs. Stardust

What do you want to see in the Mania Main Event? *
Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar

Who's your favorite current poster? *
bean breath

Should Bray Wyatt defeat the Undatakah at Mania? *
Yes

Does WrassleGAF objectify women too much? *
Yes

Are you excited for Strobogo to come back? *
No

Any additional feedback? This is anonymous and will not be shared.
BIONIC, please snitch on anyone saying "BULL" in WrassleGAF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite poster is my former tag team partner, Lambda bike.
Any additional feedback? This is anonymous and will not be shared.
BIONIC, please snitch on anyone saying "BULL" in WrassleGAF.

What if I'm saying it in reference to Nakano? or Mantaur?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite poster is my former tag team partner, Lambda bike.

What if I'm saying it in reference to Nakano? or Mantaur?

Or Bull Schmitt? He tag teamed with Vader once!
fSJvcNC.jpg

3m1P6SK.jpg

Did Freckle not make the Seth Rollins smug smile gif?

Reigns won't have the best match, even with Bryan. Rusev vs Cena gets that honor.

This was my thought process as well. I'm hoping Reigns surprises us all but that shit's not happening.

Sephzilla

I have the hottest active wrestling thread of February!

If it wasn't for me, the 4 Horsemen would have destroyed Sting and we'd have no Vigilante Sting storyline right now!

WHERE'S MY PUSH, DAMNIT!

Brock now a lock for WWE?
Mark Frenlen

Sources close to the situation can allegedly confirm that due to UFC's newly announced PED testing policy, it's very likely that Brock Lesnar will be resigning with WWE in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania. Sponsorship restrictions with Reebok are also said to play a role in this decision, along with rumors that Lesnar would rather stand in the ring silently 30 times a year for millions of dollars, rather than get punched in the head.

Wrestling 25/8 - Subscribe to the newsletter

I don't know what the accepted foreknowledge is about this is, but I'd like him to retain the title whoever he ends up facing at Wrestlemania. It should be a good match, but I think Brock's been built up to the point where a year+ long run with the title is a good idea and he has only had 3 defenses, all of which have involved John Cena.

If he does resign, I'd like to see him keep the title until Summerslam when he could drop it to any number of people, although mostly likely Reigns or Bryan. He really needs to reintroduce a few other moves into his repertoire if that is gonna happen though. A top robe diving elblow, leg drops, power bombs - none of that would go amiss. Maybe have him bring in some of that at Wrestlemania to make the match up feel more special, have him lose momentum for a few minutes in the match to his opponent, then come back strong at the end.

If he's going up against Reigns, he should DEFINITELY win. If it's Bryan, eh, I dunno - Bryan needs some momentum or the fans are going to turn against him soon, but I don't actually want him to beat Brock at this point. It would have been a good story if it had been booked as the plan since he returned, but it hasn't and so it no longer works at this point. It should be Reigns vs Brock and Brock should win handily, then Bryan can win at Summerslam, and Reigns and Bryan can duke it out for the title afterwards.

edit:

Another fun alternative - Bryan comes out after the Rumble and points out he never got a title match despite never losing the title, but that he respects that Reigns won the Rumble and so he says he will wait his turn until after Wrestlemania when he will face whoever is the champion then. Bryan looks good, Reigns has a chance to get over, Brock retains and Bryan gets the title later in the year at which point Reigns returns to the title hunt and eventually takes it from Bryan after getting over.

The downside with that is that it devalues the Wrestlemania build by setting up events afterwards, but I think it's a price worth paying. Doesn't this sound better than the strange situation they are playing out right now?

Verendus

Banned
Robocop, you gotta earn the push. You gotta grab the brass ring, okay? It's not like you can just be given a push, okay?

Now that Brock Lesnar had been confirmed to re-sign with WWE, do you think they should delay Daniel Bryan's Championship rematch until after Wrestlemania?

Zach

Or Bull Schmitt? He tag teamed with Vader once!
fSJvcNC.jpg

3m1P6SK.jpg

Oh. My. God. Is this the guy I saw wrestle in Tulsa a million years ago? In the now defunct Oklahoma Pro Wrestling? I'm having memories flood back of going to these shows one summer at a bowling alley. We once stood during a lull in a match and proclaimed "WE ARE THE NATION, OF DOMINATION... NATION, OF DOMINATION."

Weird.

Also, is stro coming back? I saw in the thing that stro is coming back. Please come back.

Now that Brock Lesnar had been confirmed to re-sign with WWE, do you think they should delay Daniel Bryan's Championship rematch until after Wrestlemania?
Well now they can delay it to never
Why are you such a terrible human being? When are you going to address this flaw?
Yeah well, did any of BatistaGAF see all Man with the Iron Fists, Riddick, AND GotG in theaters? Because I did! I'm as much to thank for his successes!

somedevil

TV Viewership for 2/16 Raw:

8pm: 4.138
9pm: 4.026
10pm: 3.828

Avg: 3.997

Up 340,000 from last weeks bomb but still the viewership is down compared to last year.

Up 340,000 from last weeks bomb but still the viewership is down compared to last year.
Cena in the ring with a mic gets the highest rating. Daniel Bryan wrestling drives tv viewers away. Numbers don't lie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. My. God. Is this the guy I saw wrestle in Tulsa a million years ago? In the now defunct Oklahoma Pro Wrestling? I'm having memories flood back of going to these shows one summer at a bowling alley. We once stood during a lull in a match and proclaimed "WE ARE THE NATION, OF DOMINATION... NATION, OF DOMINATION."

Weird.

Also, is stro coming back? I saw in the thing that stro is coming back. Please come back.

Yep it is the same. Crazy you went to OPW back in the late 90s. I did too! We probably went to the same show. I jumped up and cheered when Bull got hit in the face with a chair and he was opened up and had to be taken to the back, hardway cut too deep. I felt like such a dick, I did it right in front of his mother. And the Great Bolo with his Misirlou theme? Good times.

Aiii

So not worth it

To be fair, last year had a pretty great build with the Bryan story around this time. Was impossible to top that with anything this year really.

Also Better Call Saul is amazing, I'd watch that over Raw, too, so can't blame people there either.

Verendus

Banned
Lesnar re-signed?

I like this news.

Yeah well, did any of BatistaGAF see all Man with the Iron Fists, Riddick, AND GotG in theaters? Because I did! I'm as much to thank for his successes!
I'm more an internet supporter type. I, um, focus my efforts in WrassleGAF. Because uh, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom