• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Yep it is the same. Crazy you went to OPW back in the late 90s. I did too! We probably went to the same show. I jumped up and cheered when Bull got hit in the face with a chair and he was opened up and had to be taken to the back, hardway cut too deep. I felt like such a dick, I did it right in front of his mother. And the Great Bolo with his Misirlou theme? Good times.

Great Bolo! And Vinny Valentino! Wait, no. Rocco Valentino! With "That's Amore" as his theme! Also, some black dude... I don't remember his name... and then I got a signature from a wrestler named Tad (I don't think he was a regular) -- "TAD!" it said. Wow. Weird, man.

Oh, crap. I just remembered that three or four of us went before the show once and the owner... oh, god, what was his name? Something McGraw? McMahon? Aaaaahhhh! Pete McGuire!! I think it was Pete McGuire! Or something similar... Anyway, dude let us get in the ring and do tiny, mini-bumps! Oh my gaaaahhh, I totally forgot about that!!

Anyway. Sup, guys?

Kaladin

If Lesnar re-signs that means God King Bork can retain at Mania and laugh at all your little IWC quarrels.

The future happens on his time.

somedevil

To be fair, last year had a pretty great build with the Bryan story around this time. Was impossible to top that with anything this year really.

Also Better Call Saul is amazing, I'd watch that over Raw, too, so can't blame people there either.

It did only 3.233 million at 10pm and alot of people DVR it. Raw had the same pattern as usual. So it has no affect on Raw. The total Viewership just depends on how many show up at 8-10.

Its not Saul but booking has not been good to get the interest up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know. Brock not being on TV often has been great for booking. Cena and Triple H aside, it's like WWE realizes they can only use him so often, so they have to make him look good when it's needed.

Part of the big problem with the WWE is the fact that I see the same people every single week.

Kaladin

God King Bork isn't ready to be dethroned.

Everyone goes into Mania season expecting a new Champ and new stories.

What if Lesnar just laughs at all that?

What if he beats Bryan, Reigns and stops Rollins cash-in in the same night?

Scottify

I don't know. Brock not being on TV often has been great for booking. Cena and Triple H aside, it's like WWE realizes they can only use him so often, so they have to make him look good when it's needed.

Part of the big problem with the WWE is the fact that I see the same people every single week.

It's almost like a Poochie effect though. If he isn't on TV very often, everyone should at least ask 'where's Brock?", 'where's the champ?' to help keep him in today's A.D.D. ridden minds.

I don't really care whether Brock appears more or not - because right now, I basically watch all of his appearances, but I don't really watch Raw etc beyond a few segments I want to see. So I actually like the once big match every couple of months setup.

bean breath - I think it would do some damage if Bryan went into Wrestlemania and lost when he already kinda looks like a chump for trying to steal Reigns' title shot, so I figure if it IS Bryan, him winning is closer to a good idea than Reigns winning. I'd rather he wasn't in the match at all though, and it had been a clean build of Reigns vs Brock with Brock retaining, Bryan winning at SS, and then Reigns winning at some point over Bryan after that. Maybe the next Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

God King Bork isn't ready to be dethroned.

Everyone goes into Mania season expecting a new Champ and new stories.

What if Lesnar just laughs at all that?

What if he beats Bryan, Reigns and stops Rollins cash-in in the same night?

Sounds good, but I think Bryan should just be taken out of the title match at Wrestlemania altogether, because storyline wise it works if he comes in afterwards to 'do what Roman Reigns, and everyone else' couldn't do. Bryan isn't an ideal candidate for that by this point, he's on the verge of getting ruined right now, but I can't think of anyone else who could take it off Brock except Bryan right now. There are others who I think are cool and if they were given a push could do well with that, but not with the situation being what it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more an internet supporter type. I, um, focus my efforts in WrassleGAF. Because uh, yeah.

I highly recommend watching Wrong Side of To

Great Bolo! And Vinny Valentino! Wait, no. Rocco Valentino! With "That's Amore" as his theme! Also, some black dude... I don't remember his name... and then I got a signature from a wrestler named Tad (I don't think he was a regular) -- "TAD!" it said. Wow. Weird, man.

Oh, crap. I just remembered that three or four of us went before the show once and the owner... oh, god, what was his name? Something McGraw? McMahon? Aaaaahhhh! Pete McGuire!! I think it was Pete McGuire! Or something similar... Anyway, dude let us get in the ring and do tiny, mini-bumps! Oh my gaaaahhh, I totally forgot about that!!

Anyway. Sup, guys?

Pete Maguire! He wanted to call me Big Irish. Really nice guy.
https://vimeo.com/75699072

There was a kinda overweight dude who wore Shawn Michael cow-print tights, and I can't remember his name but I think it was Sweet D.

I don't really care whether Brock appears more or not - because right now, I basically watch all of his appearances, but I don't really watch Raw etc beyond a few segments I want to see. So I actually like the once big match every couple of months setup.

bean breath - I think it would do some damage if Bryan went into Wrestlemania and lost when he already kinda looks like a chump for trying to steal Reigns' title shot, so I figure if it IS Bryan, him winning is closer to a good idea than Reigns winning. I'd rather he wasn't in the match at all though, and it had been a clean build of Reigns vs Brock with Brock retaining, Bryan winning at SS, and then Reigns winning at some point over Bryan after that. Maybe the next Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

Sounds good, but I think Bryan should just be taken out of the title match at Wrestlemania altogether, because storyline wise it works if he comes in afterwards to 'do what Roman Reigns, and everyone else' couldn't do. Bryan isn't an ideal candidate for that by this point, he's on the verge of getting ruined right now, but I can't think of anyone else who could take it off Brock except Bryan right now. There are others who I think are cool and if they were given a push could do well with that, but not with the situation being what it is.

Bryan was THE ideal candidate before they fucked it and Reigns up in the process. Nobody's coming out of this looking good.

Bryan was THE ideal candidate before they fucked it and Reigns up in the process. Nobody's coming out of this looking good.

Oh yeah, I agree with that - the storyline was basically already in place, all Bryan had to do was come back and ask for his title shot/win the RR, but they've fucked all that up now and it's just a matter of what would be a cool storyline going forward. He's not the ideal candidate for beating Brock at Wrestlemania anymore, and Roman Reigns isn't either, and Seth with a cheap cash-in after the match is a shitty idea for a lesser PPV, and there isn't really anybody else in place who feels like they should be able to pull it off.

So Brock should just retain and the story develop from there.

It was obvious Bryan should have won the Rumble and gone on to Wrestlemania. The booking wrote itself and they fucked it up like everything they do.

Sephzilla

It was obvious Bryan should have won the Rumble and gone on to Wrestlemania. The booking wrote itself and they fucked it up like everything they do.

Really, Bryan winning the rumble and going to Mania was the most obvious "this is going to be huge" thing since Austin/Rock at Mania 17.

--Former champ trying to get the title he never lost
--Bryan is over as fuck on the west coast
--Classic underdog storyline
--Brock/Bryan would basically be the Andre/Hogan of this era

Zach

Pete Maguire! He wanted to call me Big Irish. Really nice guy.
https://vimeo.com/75699072

There was a kinda overweight dude who wore Shawn Michael cow-print tights, and I can't remember his name but I think it was Sweet D.

Hooooly crap. Watching now and THAT ELVIS REF! HOW DID I FORGET HIM?!

And what do you mean, he wanted to call you Big Irish? I'm going to need to hear this whole god dang story, pal.

Edit: I saw the stocky black guy I remember but I still don't know what his name is. Ah, well.

Bryan had his chance already and he dropped the ball. He chose love over his career. Good for him, now go home to your wife and make room for someone else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I saw this a long time ago. Worth it for the Ja Rule kill. It's hilarious.

DlSSFSX.gif

eMLqlnh.png

Hooooly crap. Watching now and THAT ELVIS REF! HOW DID I FORGET HIM?!

And what do you mean, he wanted to call you Big Irish? I'm going to need to hear this whole god dang story, pal.

I was gonna wrestle for OPW.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan had his chance already and he dropped the ball. He chose love over his career. Good for him, now go home to your wife and make room for someone else.

But his wife is on the same road, with the same company, at the same times as him.

Your argument is mute bean.

RP912

Banned
Top 5 Cameos that should have happen

1. Big Show in The Wire
2. John Cena in Breaking Bad
3. The Miz in Madmen
4. Hulk Hogan in Cheers
5. Lou Thez in MASH

Verendus

Banned
It's Roman's time.

It's time we all accept this. Our boy about to become a shining star, why can't we be happy for him? What happened to all the Samoan pride we had?

Zach

I was gonna wrestle for OPW.

Are you a wrestler? Have I told you that my old high school friend wrestles for Compound Pro Wrestling here in town? The last time or two I went it was a pretty sad state of affairs, but it's still fun. His wrassle name is Richie Adams.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your wrasslin' stories, old-timer.

Verendus

Banned
Arguments in favour of Roman Reigns.

1. He's tall.
2. He's under 30.
3. He's The Rock's cousin.

Pretty definitive right there.

Really, Bryan winning the rumble and going to Mania was the most obvious "this is going to be huge" thing since Austin/Rock at Mania 17.

--Former champ trying to get the title he never lost
--Bryan is over as fuck on the west coast
--Classic underdog storyline
--Brock/Bryan would basically be the Andre/Hogan of this era

Yep. After barely having a singles run and getting injured for the last 3 months of 2014, that should have been enough to change the trajectory for Reigns. When Daniel Bryan came back it was even more obvious things should be changed. People at WWE are just clueless or stubborn.

Zach

Top 5 Cameos that should have happen

1. Big Show in The Wire
2. John Cena in Breaking Bad
3. The Miz in Madmen
4. Hulk Hogan in Cheers
5. Lou Thez in MASH

I skipped your heading and read "Big Show in The Wire" and was really trying to remember that happening. And then I read the heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom