• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do you guys venture out of this thread on GAF? I pretty much stick to just here and maybe look outside and comment on something once every one or two weeks on average.
I venture out quite a bit. I'm not making threads about eating ass or anything but I do alright

Heel

Wow dream, OlliOlli 2 comes out next week. On top of that, that also means it could possibly end up being one of the KideoStation Plus games. I'm sure you're just excited as I am.

I think I understand his overall message of acknowledging, validating, and acting on the concerns of marginalized groups, but the formatting and punctuation are confusing at times. @_@

Yeah it wasn't really coherent. I think I get the gust of it though. Titus is one Black talent that does deserve a higher spot on the card. He is great on the mic, at getting a crowd riled up, and he is not horrible in the ring. He should be a midcard hand fighting for titles.

Alucard

Banned

Cue the response: "What else would you expect them to say? 'Yes, Roman failed a wellness test?' Don't be ridiculous. They're covering their asses and hoping no one finds out about this."

Btw, is the wellness policy really such a big deal in the WWE? I get that it was put in place to prevent abuse and to clean up the industry post-Benoit, but I pretty much watch WWE with the idea that at least 50% of these guys are on some form of performance enhancers and aren't getting those abs, arms, and chests just from a healthy diet and exercise.

Anyone else feel this way?

5kw0cZJ.jpg

Sephzilla

Cue the response: "What else would you expect them to say? 'Yes, Roman failed a wellness test?' Don't be ridiculous. They're covering their asses and hoping no one finds out about this."

Btw, is the wellness policy really such a big deal in the WWE? I pretty much watch WWE with the idea that at least 50% of these guys are on some form of performance enhancers and aren't getting those abs, arms, and chests just from a healthy diet and exercise.

I don't think Roman failed a wellness test, but WWE wouldn't openly admit it even if he did at least not with WrestleMania right around the corner.

it's pretty funny people thought brock was taking some kind of moral stance in his walk out but in all likelihood if he did do a walk out for any reason it sounds like it was money

hm that's not enough money. i'm leaving. i'll come back when you make the number a bigger number. bye.

it's pretty funny people thought brock was taking some kind of moral stance in his walk out but in all likelihood if he did do a walk out for any reason it sounds like it was money

hm that's not enough money. i'm leaving. i'll come back when you make the number a bigger number. bye.

Money would be strange because he is already under contract for Mania. Negotiations past Mania should have no bearing on his appearing before Mania.

Alucard

Banned
I also don't think Roman failed a wellness test either. If he was on roids, he'd probably look much more jacked. Poppa Pump style, DADDEH.

Sephzilla

I do think Vince would do everything short of take a bullet for Roman at this point in order to protect him going into WrestleMania at this point though.

Alucard

Banned
if i remember right didn't hart only use them for a brief amount of time or something?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. It's been a while since I read his book, but I know he mentioned that someone helped him with the injections at one point in his career.

Pretend all you want, but you got a heel inside you Dracula.

No doubt. I'm the positive and patient type who eventually explodes once my patience bank has been filled with enough bullshit.

Heel

I think, in general, wrestling fans are wholly uneducated on the effects and use of steroids in a physically-demanding profession in which success is tied to your performance for 300 days a year.

I encourage everyone reading to educate yourselves on the subject, and learn why even small and overweight wrestlers can both be aided and actively using performance enhancing drugs.

Sephzilla

He admitted to it as well. I'm actually not that upset to find out wrestlers have used steroids. It's a worked sport.

Considering the leader of the biggest american promotion is a guy who loves the shit out of muscled up guys, i'd be more surprised to hear about talent that didnt use the juice

I think, in general, wrestling fans are wholly uneducated on the effects and use of steroids in a physically-demanding profession in which success is tied to your performance for 300 days a year.

I encourage everyone reading to educate yourselves on the subject, and learn why even small and overweight wrestlers can both be aided and actively using performance enhancing drugs.

if my knowledge from baseball and other sports transfers over, for a lot of people its more a way to recover from fatigue and tough workouts isn't it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. On top of that, lots of guys at my gym use steroids and I think "really? but I'm bigger than this little wimp" - steroids are in use a lot more than yall think and it's not only the most heavenly of bodies using them.

Zach

How often do you guys venture out of this thread on GAF? I pretty much stick to just here and maybe look outside and comment on something once every one or two weeks on average.

I go all over the place. I mostly post in here, though. And I don't even look down on gaming side/OT posters like you jerks. Well, except for the Marvel fanatics. >_>

Just kidding, Marvel fanatics. xoxoxo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I post everywhere, especially in ass-eating threads. More people need to be willing to taste the tangy leather donut.

RP912

Banned
Undisputed title needs to make a return but I always hated the og Women's championship. It just seemed bland compared to the NXT Women's belt.

Zach

I watched some documentary about steroids on Netflix years ago. It was by steroids users/proponents, I think. They made some good points, but eeehhh, I'd prefer people not use steroids in sports.

Scottify

The majority of my posts are here, but I venture out every once in a while. Mostly in music related threads.

Alucard

Banned
I go all over the place. I mostly post in here, though. And I don't even look down on gaming side/OT posters like you jerks. Well, except for the Marvel fanatics. >_>

Just kidding, Marvel fanatics. xoxoxo

I don't look down on gaming side, but am put off by it more often than not. From the few times I've gone over there though, it often seems to encapsulate what I detest about the internet in general, and anonymous message boards in particular.

RP912

Banned

Half and half depending on the topic. My heart is in Wrasslegaf but I head to gaming side for a thread or two and OT for various stuff.

Sephzilla

Truly the greatest. I totally associate that belt with Bret Hart every time even though I know others have held it.

He wore the belt the best. Warrior wore it pretty well also.

If we ever get World Champion Cody Rhodes I hope he pushes to get that belt back kind of like how he brought back the better IC title.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Btw, is the wellness policy really such a big deal in the WWE? I get that it was put in place to prevent abuse and to clean up the industry post-Benoit, but I pretty much watch WWE with the idea that at least 50% of these guys are on some form of performance enhancers and aren't getting those abs, arms, and chests just from a healthy diet and exercise.

I don't care in the least that the WWE guys are on steroids. Its fake.

Heel

Let's use baseball as an example. I just think, in general, your average sports fan would not be willing to accept the possibility that, say, Cal Ripken Jr. looks just as guilty of PED usage as, say, Frank Thomas. That's even after some gangly pitchers have been caught on the gas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's use baseball as an example. I just think, in general, your average sports fan would not be willing to accept the possibility that, say, Cal Ripken Jr. looks just as guilty of PED usage as, say, Frank Thomas. That's even after some gangly pitchers have been caught on the gas.

"Steroids are only for buff dudes" muscle shaming is out of control. Sometimes a skinny piece of shit won't even lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom