• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am too lazy to subscribe to NJPW World I instead am going through the WWE Network and watching japanese wrestlers in Wcw. Any recommendations? Currently watching Muta/Saito vs the Steiner Brothers from Starrcade 90. Really recall loving Muta's early run in DubyaCeeDubya.

Alucard

Banned
Official ROH post about Samoa Joe's return.

SAMOA JOE IS RETURNING TO ROH
joe2.jpg

When you speak of legendary names in Ring of Honor one of, if not the first name mentioned in Samoa Joe. He made his debut in Ring of Honor in October of 2002. Within 5 months he would blow through the competition and win the Ring of Honor World Championship. He would hold the ROH World Championship for a record setting 645 days. His title reign would see him engage in legendary matches with CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Homicide and AJ Styles just to name a few.

“The Samoan Submission Machine” will return home to Ring of Honor Saturday March 7, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland. Who will Samoa Joe be gunning for? Is ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe safe? Is ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal safe? Is anyone safe? Who do you want to see Samoa Joe face in Ring of Honor?

Do not miss the chance to see a true legend in the prime of his career as Samoa Joe to returns home to Ring of Honor.

Saturday March 7, 2015 Baltimore, Maryland - Click here

Friday March 13, 2015 Milwaukee, WI - Click here

Saturday March 14, 2015 Chicago Ridge, IL - Click here

Friday March 27, 2015 Redwood City, CA - Click here

With his return announced, Samoa Joe and the world will without a doubt have their eyes set firmly on Ring of Honors 13th Anniversary Spectacular, live on Pay Per View this Sunday March 1, 2015. For a list of providers, click HERE. To purchase your tickets for March 1st in Las Vegas, click HERE!

They're teasing an appearance on this Sunday's Anniversary show. HYPE. The show will now have appearances by...

AJ Styles
Alberto El Patron
The Young Bucks
Christopher Daniels
Samoa Joe (probably)

Looking stacked.

Patryn

Yeah, money is most likely the reason for Bork being mad, shockingly enough.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2x4gcn/dave_hints_at_the_real_reason_behind_lesnars/

This sounds more plausible than the drug thing, except for the fact that I can't see how Brock wouldn't have known what his Mania payday was going to be back when he originally signed his contract.

That doesn't strike me as the sort of thing he'd leave to the last minute and wouldn't pay attention to when he signed.

Unless what he's actually upset about is that he feels that the WWE has booked a subpar card and that it's not going to draw. I can see him finally complaining about the booking if it's going to directly, and possibly substantially, affect his paycheck.

Alucard

Banned
Got a Fitbit as an early bday gift. Anyone else use this thing? Day 1, and I mostly see it as a more comfortable pedometer.

Raw64life

Hope Joe and Alberto will both be at the ROH/NJPW show, assuming it's still happening. It's almost March and still nothing about it.

jred2k

This sounds more plausible than the drug thing, except for the fact that I can't see how Brock wouldn't have known what his Mania payday was going to be back when he originally signed his contract.

That doesn't strike me as the sort of thing he'd leave to the last minute and wouldn't pay attention to when he signed.

Unless what he's actually upset about is that he feels that the WWE has booked a subpar card and that it's not going to draw. I can see him finally complaining about the booking if it's going to directly, and possibly substantially, affect his paycheck.

Didn't he sign his contract before the WWE Network? I think he signed it after WM29. He would have signed it with a PPV % bonus but that bonus will have been decimated by the WWE Network taking buys away. If he gets no Network % to compensate that could mean the loss of a lot of money for him. He's gonna be in the main event this year, too, so I'm sure that opens him up to extra bonuses.

Patryn

Didn't he sign his contract before the WWE Network? I think he signed it after WM29. He would have signed it with a PPV % bonus but that bonus will have been decimated by the WWE Network taking buys away. If he gets no Network % to compensate that could mean the loss of a lot of money for him. He's gonna be in the main event this year, too, so I'm sure that opens him up to extra bonuses.

But again, even if what you say is true, why would he have only noticed the issue right now? Surely he would have seen the smaller amount of buys for PPVs over the past year and raised the issue then?

1.96 posts a day. Zack Ryder tier :(

I don't see how a % PPV revenue issue could have got to this late in the game, especially considering he worked Mania last year.

There is a distinct lack of Blitzkrieg matches on the WWE Network and that is a crime against humanity. That being said there was a surprising amount of Essa Rios matches including a fun match vs Eddie Guerrero in Chippendale attire.

jred2k

But again, even if what you say is true, why would he have only noticed the issue right now? Surely he would have seen the smaller amount of buys for PPVs over the past year and raised the issue then?

I'm mainly talking out of my ass here. Maybe the non-WM PPVs just pay an appearance fee? Wasn't there a scan of Brock's contract that got leaked online a while ago? It would be interesting to read that and see what it says.

1.96 posts a day. Zack Ryder tier :(

I don't see how a % PPV revenue issue could have got to this late in the game, especially considering he worked Mania last year.

Last WM the Network wasn't launched worldwide and he wasn't in the main event. CM Punk on Cabana's podcast talked about not getting paid main event money for his Taker match, so I don't see why Brock would have.

It still makes more sense that Brock being upset at a failed drug test by Roman or his booking. If Dave was willing to at least hint at that being the reason rather than just saying he doesn't know it makes me think he heard it from someone he considers pretty reliable usually.

Titus O'Neill had a meltdown too

https://instagram.com/p/zhruVYPKqO/

Its shitty to try and read that in the Instagram window.

We live in a world that is full of people,Companies and Brands that try 2Avoid or Suppress social&ethical situations of needed change for the Benefit of others Perception of them, but do little 2Deviate from the Practices that they exercise themselves, that many either Live through or observe from the outside the FACTS that completely go against what one is trying to convince others 2Perceive of them. Race,Gender Equality,Sexual Orientation,Religion and Cultural backgrounds are All Realistic Issues that unfortunately some People,Brands&Companies only find time to address when they are Faced with Factual Truths that relate to them that may go against the "Perception" that one is trying to portray as "Reality". Many celebrities, Politicians Brand Executives and organizations have recently been more Vocal in regards to making the "Playing Fields" more level in Corporate America, Hollywood&Sports and That's A Good thing, But until the decision makers in these Playing Fields come 2the True&Factual Conclusion that these are valid people,Making Valid Arguments and Fighting Valid Battles that pertain to them individually or collectively as a demographic and Wholeheartedly make a Concerted Effort to Not Only Hear those issues, but ACTIVELY SEEK to Address&Better these issues Nothing changes&That includes The "Perception" realistic or perceived. Don't Just #UseYourVoice To promote positive change try #UseYourResources or #UseYourPlatforms or #DropYourIgnorantEgos and Do what's Right, Because it's RIGHT!!! That's a Non-Discriminatory way of Dealing with these issues and ANY RACE,Gender,Sexual Orientation can Exercise This Practice. #DoWork #AllLivesMatter Humanity is the Cause and Dignity&Integrity are The ultimate elements of Helping this Cause!! #TheTruthShallSetYouFree of Unfair criticisms,Concerns and perceived Attitudes When you choose to DEAL IN TRUTH!!��✊

It seems like hes maybe upset that WWE celebrates Black History Month by having no black people on TV in any relevant role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM Punk on Cabana's podcast talked about not getting paid main event money for his Taker match, so I don't see why Brock would have.

Well, Punk wasn't the main event, so he doesn't deserve main event money.

jmdajr

I can't imagine Vince not paying him unless Brock suddenly went Warrior and wanted more.

I mean the event hasn't even happened yet. Don't they get the check after? Just seems odd.

Brian Christopher on commentary for this Taka Michinoku vs Pantera contest on the network and he is dropping racism like it's hot. Calling Taka a slant eyed ip man and them following up a Pantera dive and calling it the burrito buster.

Alucard

Banned
How often do you guys venture out of this thread on GAF? I pretty much stick to just here and maybe look outside and comment on something once every one or two weeks on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom