• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post everywhere, especially in ass-eating threads. More people need to be willing to taste the tangy leather donut.

The imagery...

moo4wUP.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ROH adding a third NJPW crossover show leads me to believe they'll be using the same amount of talent as last year. No need for three shows if you only have two or three guys.

They're gonna try to trick NJPW fans into watching an ROH show.

I don't have a 100 percent no steroid policy. I appreciate good striations in my wrestlers and sometimes genetics don't cut it. Just stay away from Steiner/Late WCW Savage/World Champ Eddie and you're fine.

Also, I'm about to watch Bunkhouse Stampede 88 for fun

When Justin Liger ever going to retire?

He wants to leave the Jr. Heavyweight division in good hands, to someone who can be relied upon to lead the division for years to come and carry it when necessary - suffice to say, no one's quite ready yet. My money's still on El Desperado. An extended feud, culminating in a mask vs mask match would be a huge deal, especially if it's billed as Liger's swansong.

Heel

Some of you may remember that Professor Beef and I brainstormed a genetically enhanced, pro-steroid baseball league starring Nomo X, in which the players select entire trees to use as bats.

That's the future, folks.

Sephzilla

Some of you may remember that Professor Beef and I brainstormed a genetically-enhanced, pro-steroid baseball league starring Nomo X, in which the players select entire trees to use as bats.

That's the future, folks.

Those posts were hall of fame tier

RP912

Banned
If a brain tumour didn't stop him in 96, then nothing will?

Pretty much :/

He wants to leave the Jr. Heavyweight division in good hands, to someone who can be relied upon to lead the division for years to come and carry it when necessary - suffice to say, no one's quite ready yet. My money's still on El Desperado. An extended feud, culminating in a mask vs mask match would be a huge deal, especially if it's billed as Liger's swansong.

True, but he's really starting to look flabby and sick out there to even trying to carry the division :/.

Koloff/Beautiful Bobby was a decent opening opening for Bunkhouse Stampede 88. Eaton going after the arm almost the whole match would not fly today. Cornette was annoying until the end where he fell backward and Koloff caught the racket in mid air.

Here's an old-school Dragon Gate show some of you may enjoy;

DRAGON GATE, "KOBE WORLD", 2005/07/03
Kobe World Hall
7,500 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3o2bc

1. PoS.Hearts (BxB Hulk, Anthony W. Mori & Super Shisa) vs Final M2K (K-ness, Susumu Yokosuka & Kenichiro Arai)
2. The Florida Brothers vs El Hijo de Iwasanto & Mishi Mascaras
3. Blood Generation (Masato Yoshino & Shingo Takagi) vs Yuji Hino & SUPER-X
4. Naoki Tanizaki vs Magnitude Kishiwada
5. Genichiro Tenryu & Magnum TOKYO vs Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima
6. Open the Triangle Gate: Do FIXER (Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito) © vs Blood Generation (CIMA, Don Fujii & Naruki Doi)
7. Open the Dream Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki © vs TAKA Michinoku

The triangle gate match is a classic, well worth a watch. Interesting match with Mochi & TAKA, in what you'd expect to be a clash of styles, except that TAKA's perfectly capable of working on the mat. Great finishing stretch to that one. Elsewhere, Tenryu tagging with Magnum TOKYO. You know it's awesome already. The Florida Brothers match is ridiculous, I love it maggle.

The day Liger-san retires will be the blackest of days.

Yeah, it's going to suck. I'm looking forward to the ceremony, though - if anyone deserves an insane spectacle of a send-off, it's Liger.

Nekofrog

Banned
they really need to change the way they handle the jump markers on the network. have the markers before the sports entertainment superstar's entrance, not after. and don't put mark the end of the match with out and out spoilers (STEINER WINS WITH THE FRANKENSTEINER)

like basic stuff

RP912

Banned
NJPWorld needs to work on better organization for their events. I don't know why they can't use decade options instead of going through page after page to get to a match in 1986.

Unless I'm missing something....

I guarantee that 95% of the roster are on roids. How can they work out so much while being on the road 300 days a year? I'd say Bryan and Punk seem to be the blueprint of peak natty wrestlers.

Not even the workin out that I question but the diets alone. I doubt these guys are meal prepping for the week

NJPWorld needs to work on better organization for their events. I don't know why they can't use decade options instead of going through page after page to get to a match in 1986.

Unless I'm missing something....

You can view all the events they have matches from in reverse chronological order here; http://njpwworld.com/series while the tag list will let you find matches from a specific year; http://njpwworld.com/tag/year

They really do need to figure out a better interface though. And playlists and a bunch of other features that'd generally improve the usability of the service.

I guarantee that 95% of the roster are on roids. How can they work out so much while being on the road 300 days a year? I'd say Bryan and Punk seem to be the blueprint of peak natty wrestlers.

Not even the workin out that I question but the diets alone. I doubt these guys are meal prepping for the week

they got buckle bunnies to make em food.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't care how he looks. He has got to be one of, if not THE, most annoying commentators of all time.

when the product was good, he was fine. when the product was abhorrent, he was annoying.

between him and mike tenay (who is ehhhh) there was a good run of actually calling matches as they were happening and making them seem like they mattered, even if it was jobbers filling time, unlike the modern wwe announce team who gloss over top card matches

Bryan Alvarez is taking questions for Jay Briscoe. Time to flood him with questions about Jay Briscoe's popularity with the gay community and whether Jay believes that queering makes the world go around.

Money would be strange because he is already under contract for Mania. Negotiations past Mania should have no bearing on his appearing before Mania.

When he doesn't come back after the post-Mania Raw and goes to UFC, then will you and the others admit they couldn't afford to keep Brock? Because this backpedaling is reaching "they don't care about Reigns that much" levels of denial faster than you would be able to say "Brock's gone" after the post-Mania Raw ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom