• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happening to the wwe right now? There been a lot shit happening in a short amount of time.

Thats how WWE works.

They coast for most of the year and then finally when they decide to do something and "shake things up again" they stumble and things fall flat and nothing goes to plan and they scramble to get through it.

But some of the best stuff happens when the ship is on fire but I dont think this is one of those times.

Sephzilla

Here's the original post of that rumor on reddit:

1424845314237.jpg

Assuming this is true its like every single thing is aligning to try to make Bryan get into the main event, lol

Oh! If you go Incognito mode you'll be fine. Requires a login, but I had that issue once with Chrome. Eventually I fucked up and nuked my history and saved google sign-on and it fixed itself, but that kind of nuking will fix anything.

Ugh, why is Chrome becoming such an unreliable, contrary piece of shit? Guess I'll delete everything, re-install and re-synch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, why is Chrome becoming such an unreliable, contrary piece of shit? Guess I'll delete everything, re-install and re-synch.

I don't know. Gifs have finally started to put a strain on the browser on me after a long life of no worries.

Verendus

Banned
That Reigns vs. Bryan match was really good. The best Reigns singles match I've seen. Also Cena passed out. I thought it'd happen, but it's still pretty crazy they did that for Rusev. Not a bad match either. Very disappointed about how they're handling Sting however. It feels a bit too vanilla, like they're not doing enough. Crowd was mostly terrible.

Fast Lane was decent.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Here's the original post of that rumor on reddit:

1424845314237.jpg
If this is just a bull crap rumor, props to the guy at least doing his homework, and covering his bases by also throwing in Cena's name on the list of people who could beat Brock.

But if it's real, Vince is opening himself to some really bad views in the eyes of the public.

Zach

the WWE network has ran like hot garbage for I for over a month, anyone less with weird freezing issues while try to watch the archived stuff?

45 gb down speed internet. issues on pc, ps4, ps3, ipad and iphone. every 2 mins, it stops, then carries on. its like the dynamic resoltion they use isnt doing anything, just freezing the stream :/

I'm having consistent issues as well. I watch SNME here and there and the stuttering and freezing and whatnot is not helping the already crappy shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, want to see if we can convince Stro to go to this?

Oqefu9G.jpg

Sephzilla

I don't believe that rumor but I could totally buy into the idea that Vince would wave off a wellness violation in order to keep his shiny new toy in the main event.

Lmao;

NxGj6FK.jpg

Boots, want to see if we can convince Stro to go to this?

Oqefu9G.jpg

LOL. Totally, is it in his area? On the one hand Kongo Kong is an awesome fatty I think he'd enjoy, on the other hand, Davey Richards is on the card...best keep that bit secret, as if I rightly recall Stro's hatred of poor Davey knows no bounds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. Totally, is it in his area? On the one hand Kongo Kong is an awesome fatty I think he'd enjoy, on the other hand, Davey Richards is on the card...best keep that bit secret, as if I rightly recall Stro's hatred of poor Davey knows no bounds.

Indiana so...he should do it

Heroman

Banned
How does Brock contact work? Does he need to be on the TV in order to get piad?, if so something big must of happen for him to miss a pay day.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
When I asked you guys whether or not I should give in to the dastardly free February network promotion, I was told to decline.

Well "suplex" all of you "jabroni marks", because, while I thought (as someone who hadn't seen a PPV since the early '90s) that Fastlane was fucked, the Monday Night Wars documentary has so far been absolutely fantastic. This series alone (which is already apparently 20 parts??) is worth the $10 I'll pay in March for Wrestlemania privileges.

Now, though, I desperately want to know if there are any other comparable programs are the network. Is it possible for me to get informed on all of wrestling history from shows like this? Apart from Fucklane, I've watched about four or five Raws over the past several months... and they have only ever been "kind of decent" at best. But the Monday Night Wars series is so excellent that I would love to be able to catch up on the entirety of wrestling history's highlights in a similar fashion, without being forced to watch hundreds of hours of filler shows and PPVs.

Also, if there's a general "What wrestling newcomers should watch on the WWE Network" guide, I'd love that too.

I like the Rivalries series, NXT obviously, and the specials are kind of fun. There's a lot of good content on WWE Network, even outside the PPVs IMO.

HOLY FUCK @ that rumor going around that reigns failed his drug test

legit angry now

fuck vince, piece of shit

could of put bryan over at fastlane

what a trainwreck of a push. when will vince have a heart attack and retire?

lol, the amount of denial and self-delusion is epic. Roman Reign truthers are now apparently going to be a thing?

Something is legitimately wrong with you.

Don't quit, you made the offer. Follow up on it.

Thank you for someone pointing out his insanity. :p Vince; I'm up for a bet - got any ideas? Lesnar retains; Rollins cashes in MitB at WM or the RAW after, Orton stays heel, etc.

Sephzilla

How does Brock contact work? Does he need to be on the TV in order to get piad?, if so something big must of happen for him to miss a pay day.

Considering how one sided Brock's contract seems to be I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a pay day for simply breathing the same air as the rest of the locker room.

Just watched Sting vs Big Van Vader from great American bash for the fake WCW title. Vader WCW theme is god tier confirmed and this was the best Sting theme of all time.

Recall

KhstLAS.gif

Just a reminder that Joe can still be great.

i wish he would evolve his moveset or have different ways of getting to his spots. as awesome as it that he still wrestles with as much energy as he did in 2003 its just that weve all seen everything he has done countless times.

Samoa Joe is a great wrestler, enjoy his stuff very much.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for someone pointing out his insanity. :p Vince; I'm up for a bet - got any ideas? Lesnar retains; Rollins cashes in MitB at WM or the RAW after, Orton stays heel, etc.

Sorry breh, you don't post enough to make it worth it. I do approx 15 posts per day, anyone anteing up has to do at least 10 per day. Gotta be visible if I win.

Bowser

Sorry breh, you don't post enough to make it worth it. I do approx 15 posts per day, anyone anteing up has to do at least 10 per day. Gotta be visible if I win.

Not interested in any avi bet, but damn you have nearly 10k more posts than I do in 4.5 less years :/

Although I became fairly inactive on GAF for a while, around 2009-2011.

Zach

Just watched Sting vs Big Van Vader from great American bash for the fake WCW title. Vader WCW theme is god tier confirmed and this was the best Sting theme of all time.

Vader's WCW theme is definitely one of the best ever. And Sting's have always been pretty good... until WWE. >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not interested in any avi bet, but damn you have nearly 10k more posts than I do in 4.5 less years :/

Although I became fairly inactive on GAF for a while, around 2009-2011.

I do a lot of work here, I mean, people gotta hear my shitty opinions.

chunk3rvd

Just listened to today's MLW Extra podcast and Court Bauer (ex-WWE writer so he has solid contacts) said the Brock issue is entirely money. Apparently Vince acknowledged the story at the Smackdown writer's meeting saying they have issues with Brock and he doesn't know how it's going to play out

Brock is mega fucking ballsy but he can be. He doesn't need WWE here, they need him. He can finish up this contract and I don't think he'll ever need to come back for the money like some guys. He has them truly over a barrel. They've put ALL their eggs in his basket over the last 12 months (ending the streak and destroying Cena) and now if they don't pay him whatever he wants it was all for nothing

Interesting chat too on the podcast about what do you do if he's gone for good now? Tournament? Pay someone millions to come in? If you throw Bryan in now the people won't accept it. They are well and truly fucked right now. This is the most interested I've been in this years Mania and it has nothing to do with the booking haha

Alucard

Banned
Someone needs to remake BraveStarr;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMo4k7iG7s

Kids today are sorely deprived of (questionable) quality animated entertainment (designed solely to sell toys).

51sMNCbf-ZL.jpg

I used to have a co-worker with whom I'd sing the intro throughout the day. And then we'd just add BS lyrics for the part where he talks about STRENGTH OF THE BEAR, SPEED OF THE PUUUUUU-MA!

Example:

Memory of fish! Vocabulary of Shakespeare!

Or other random ridiculousness. In short, I love me some Bravestarr. It was Cowboy Bebop before Cowboy Bebop. Space cowboys. Literally.

Bowser

It's hard to average 10+ posts a day when you're a wily old vet like I am. Can't keep up that kind of posting volume over a decade plus...I'm the Undertaker of WrassleGAF.

DMczaf is the Cena of WrassleGAF. Crammed down our throats for a decade! All the little kiddies be like "Let's go D-M!' and the smarks respond "D-M SUCKS!":

DMczaf
Total Posts: 68,197 (17.42 posts per day)

Ej35oyx.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I was considering offering earlier, but nothing at WM interested me enough to even bet on this year. I'll consider one for Wrestlemania ►►

Cmon Hasney. Don't you want me to wear a horrible Jack Thwagger avatar? Wouldn't that be sweet, considering how much posting I do?

Sephzilla

How about you? Year-long av bet... Lesnar retains at Mania...let's do this?!

No chance in hell.

Being without my Robo avatar for a month was tough enough. I think I'm going to retire from avatar betting undefeated at 1-0 with the Batista/Bryan one from last year (the one that ended your undefeated streak).

Alucard

Banned
I apparently average 8.34 posts a day. And yet it feels like so much more. Must have been affected by a couple of totally dry periods because I feel like I probably overpost at this point. Especially in this thread. Sorry, dudes.

Cagey

Banned
Just listened to today's MLW Extra podcast and Court Bauer (ex-WWE writer so he has solid contacts) said the Brock issue is entirely money. Apparently Vince acknowledged the story at the Smackdown writer's meeting saying they have issues with Brock and he doesn't know how it's going to play out

Brock is mega fucking ballsy but he can be. He doesn't need WWE here, they need him. He can finish up this contract and I don't think he'll ever need to come back for the money like some guys. He has them truly over a barrel. They've put ALL their eggs in his basket over the last 12 months (ending the streak and destroying Cena) and now if they don't pay him whatever he wants it was all for nothing

Interesting chat too on the podcast about what do you do if he's gone for good now? Tournament? Pay someone millions to come in? If you throw Bryan in now the people won't accept it. They are well and truly fucked right now. This is the most interested I've been in this years Mania and it has nothing to do with the booking haha

People won't accept Daniel Bryan in the main event at this point? Lol. Does Court Bauer even IWC?

The Yes Movement isn't about storyline deserving a title shot, it's about real life deserving the main event because of talent and hard work and good soldierdom. It's still real to them damnit. Any storyline machinations to get him into the main event are besides the point because that's not what's their concern; it's the backstage politicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom