• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed
February Wrasslin' |OT2| WWE tries (and fails) to book around the boos at Fast Lane
uroqyFM.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Breezeatars expire on Feb 24th friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine how much fun this month would have been with Tully Blanchard avs.

Scottify

I'll chime in and say my favorite Mario game was Super Mario 64. Granted that was the last Nintendo system I owned, but the point stands.

Only Castlevanias I really liked are the NES ones, 3 especially. I didn't care much for Symphony of the Night or the DS games although they're pretty well made. Never played the N64 ones and don't even want to play the PS2 ones. Got maybe a quarter/third way through the PS3 one before giving up.

Bumping for the new thread

Does anyone remember which month's thread contains strobo's investigation of Islam, in which he discovered that it's not actually the peaceful religion that many of its proponents claim?

iirc this was back in December? Could anyone confirm? I don't think it's in legit-shook either (which for some reason I cannot access atm)

Sephzilla

I wish my guy, Sami Zayn, would have won the Avatar Rumble just because I think everyone would have switched their avatars to pictures of Zayn after the Owens match

I would say this is true for any Mario games that came out after 64. The NES Mario games are legit and the SNES ones get pretty tricky too.

Not quite, SMB and SMB3 have a noticeable difficulty curve I'd agree but SMW is so inconsistent, it only looks to challenge in fort/castle stages and its special world, otherwise it stays at this safe difficulty level all game long and tends to be reliant on puzzle fluff, you have stuff in Valley of Bowser that ain't really anymore taxing than Vanilla Dome.
Heck NSMB Wii and U would be tougher games if the enhanced jumping abilities and wall jumps didn't allow you greater freedom to tackle hazards and bail yourself out from some pits.

All the 3D games are of pretty similar difficulty, easy enough for anyone to reach the ending, tucks a few tricky moments in the optional endgame and even then it ain't much outside of the new tradition of romhack level finale.
SMG2 is the best with difficulty because it gets going with the tougher stuff early on even if its' still not exactly taxing, SMS trickiest at points because it has poor design more than anything else.

Basically I say if you want challenge from Nintendo Platformers you go to Kong Country, Mario looks to give everyone a chance at reaching the end.

The new castlevanias SUCK. I wanted to give LoS the benefit of the doubt, but it was just a bland LOTR ripoff with weird breathy patrick stewart narration between levels. I played for about three hours before feeling "where the fuck is the GOTHIC" and turned it off. A shame.

Heroman

Banned
I'll chime in and say my favorite Mario game was Super Mario 64. Granted that was the last Nintendo system I owned, but the point stands.

You should really play Galaxy 1 and 2 and 3d world they are in a league of their own

I would say this is true for any Mario games that came out after 64. The NES Mario games are legit and the SNES ones get pretty tricky too.

World is very easy and 64 is to , the really hard mario game is the lost levels.

RP912

Banned
Thank God we didn't have a Abdullah the Butcher month :/. Avatars with road map foreheads would be hideous.

¡HarlequinPanic!;152480132 said:
The new castlevanias SUCK. I wanted to give LoS the benefit of the doubt, but it was just a bland LOTR ripoff with weird breathy patrick stewart narration between levels. I played for about three hours before feeling "where the fuck is the GOTHIC" and turned it off. A shame.

There's actually some really nice looking gothic castles in all 3 LoS games.
Unfortunately in the case of the first game that's like halfway through after the game gets off to the worst first impressions possible with slow and boggy swamplands and more standard fantasy style tropes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bumping for the new thread

iirc this was back in December? Could anyone confirm? I don't think it's in legit-shook either (which for some reason I cannot access atm)

Not sure which month but December seems too recent. I'd try Oct and Nov.

Why can't you access legitshook.com?

NOTE: it's not at legitshook.com

Unfortunately in the case of the first game that's like halfway through after the game gets off to the worst first impressions possible with slow and boggy swamplands and more standard fantasy style tropes.

too many modern kideo games are too in love with their opening acts.

The castle should always been a known presence, damnit.

There's 3? I thought there were only 2.

¡HarlequinPanic!;152480927 said:
too many modern kideo games are too in love with their opening acts.

The castle should always been a known presence, damnit.

And this is why the 3DS one is actually what I consider the best of an average batch (like being the best of the WWE tag team division you could say), it's all about the castle.

I went through A-Z of my Steam Library today to see just EXACTLY that I own, and I was surprised to see that I own a ton of Point & Click games (old and new). I guess the genre isn't 'dead'.

Scottify

Has anybody read Gary Hart's book? I've heard it's a good read but was wondering what literate Wrassle-GAF peeps thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom