• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Decided to buy The Order because why not. Just finished it. Probably took me about 6 hours. I really enjoyed it. I can understand it not being for everyone, what with all the cutscenes and stuff and the slow pacing, but I really liked the atmosphere and world. Hoping they get a chance at a sequel.

If I had a PS4 I'd pick it up.

That game just oozes style from the screenshots

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This 'The Voice' ad on Spotify is going to be the thing that convinces me to get Premium just so I never have to hear it again.

Damn, Steph really does look great in 2001

yROfww0.png

Watching ROH TV. ACH vs El Patron was a basic, short TV match. Neither guy got to show much but it wasn't bad or anything. Elgin vs Mark Briscoe is next.

Decided to buy The Order because why not. Just finished it. Probably took me about 6 hours. I really enjoyed it. I can understand it not being for everyone, what with all the cutscenes and stuff and the slow pacing, but I really liked the atmosphere and world. Hoping they get a chance at a sequel.
I know a lot of made was about the game's length prior to release but I don't think that's among the game's chief problems, it's just a little too ambitious while there's really no substance. The game could have been 14 hours long but if the gameplay elements remained unchanged, it would have still been a pretty mediocre game.

Man, Attitude Era Rock is almost untouchable on the mic, Austin and Jericho probably the only two at the time that can stand with him and not come out looking like shit

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I'm enjoying it so far but I honestly wish it had less shooting and instead had some light puzzle solving. I'd love to play an adventure game with this kind of audio/visual presentation.

BearPawB

Banned
I know it is old hat at this point. But as someone who didn't watch wrestling as a kid, and just recently got into it. Just started watching Monday Night War and it has been extremely illuminating. It makes so much more sense why people believed this was "real". Also it is a fun way to catch up on years of storylines. I think almost anyone could watch this series and find it super engaging. Just a well made documentary series.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know it is old hat at this point. But as someone who didn't watch wrestling as a kid, and just recently got into it. Just started watching Monday Night War and it has been extremely illuminating. It makes so much more sense why people believed this was "real". Also it is a fun way to catch up on years of storylines. I think almost anyone could watch this series and find it super engaging. Just a well made documentary series.

Uh, just keep in mind when watching it as someone who didn't watch it while growing up... WWE portrays WCW in a much worse light than the situations actually were in a lot of situations. And they also overstate the impact of a few of their own storylines. Like DX wasn't as big as NWO and never would be despite what MNW might say.

And Disco Inferno was more over than any mid-card the WWE has ever produced.

BearPawB

Banned
Uh, just keep in mind when watching it as someone who didn't watch it while growing up... WWE portrays WCW in a much worse light than the situations actually were in a lot of situations. And they also overstate the impact of a few of their own storylines. Like DX wasn't as big as NWO and never would be despite what MNW might say.

And Disco Inferno was more over than any mid-card the WWE has ever produced.

Good to know.

It still feels weird that this wwe vs wcw divide exists in the current storyline with the Sting x HHH thing. You would think WWE wouldn't still hold a weird grudge considering they seem to have "won" in the long run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good to know.

It still feels weird that this wwe vs wcw divide exists in the current storyline with the Sting x HHH thing. You would think WWE wouldn't still hold a weird grudge considering they seem to have "won" in the long run.

Vince McMahon will hold a grudge over anyone who costs him money. It's pretty much the one thing he'll never let go of. It's why he hates Jarrett and hated Warrior for years. You cost him money, he won't forget it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was watching Nobuhiko Takada vs Vader

and now I really, really, really want Lesnar/Shibata even more than I initially did.

So I've currently reached April 1997 in my Attitude Era binge. Here are things I've noticed.
  • Stone Cold really was the best guy on the show
  • Canadian Hero Bret Hart is great
  • I think from an in ring stand point Owen and bulldog are the best guys on the roster
  • Rocky Maivia was the most boring guy ever. Doesn't even get any mic time.
  • HHH wasn't over; Chyna was over
  • Mankind does great promos
  • WWF really did try to put Lucha Libre and UFC over
  • Jerry Lawler is a fucking sociopath
  • Undertaker puts everybody he faces off with over. Every single one.
  • Shawn was treated exactly the same as Cena.
  • The following people are overexposed and should fuck off: Honky Tonk, Headbangers, Nation of Domination
  • 90% of non ppv matches end in dq

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WrassleGaf, I'm going to be honest with you here. I've been purveying other wrestling message boards recently to find some matches, some news, some older stuff that's hard to find and things like that. And I've come to a conclusion that hurts me to say. Other than SquaredCircle(which is the worst) and a couple of those boards that I know I won't touch, every other community I checked has much more variety of wrestling promotion discussion.

More European, Lucha Libre, Japanese, territory stuff. I'd like to see more of it and I'd like to see more than two people discussing it. Obviously no one should feel obliged to do anything, but it's really hard to see when we have intelligent people who only want to watch one or two products. I really enjoyed when Lambda posted wrestlers doing MMA stuff, for instance. I don't like a lot of European indy stuff, but I appreciate that people like to talk about it from time to time. I wish there was more lucha libre discussion even if it's not my kind of thing.

I'm open to new things, although lately I've been trying to find older, harder to find stuff like older wcw to see if it gels with me, because I think it would.

But seriously, last time I wrote up something I wanted to discuss, I got banned because of it. Nobody wants to talk, at least that's how I see it. Also, it's hard to access a lot of those other promotions, WWE is just there and readily available for so much of us. Even when juniors stumble in or people who want to get back into wrestling, it's all WWE. I think we need a serious OT overhaul that needs to include things like where to find these other promotions and ways to see it.

Another thing that hurts, is that WWE is free, and you get tons of hours weekly. Even if you don't watch the PPV, you get the results live or next night. It's easy as hell to follow. Whereas a lot of the other stuff, you have to usually buy DVDs or pay for shows, and some people, myself included, don't really want to use our disposible income on indie wrestling. I'd LOVE to get into NJPW but I don't have a means of getting it unless they add a Paypal feature.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But seriously, last time I wrote up something I wanted to discuss, I got banned because of it. Nobody wants to talk, at least that's how I see it. Also, it's hard to access a lot of those other promotions, WWE is just there and readily available for so much of us. Even when juniors stumble in or people who want to get back into wrestling, it's all WWE. I think we need a serious OT overhaul that needs to include things like where to find these other promotions and ways to see it.

Another thing that hurts, is that WWE is free, and you get tons of hours weekly. Even if you don't watch the PPV, you get the results live or next night. It's easy as hell to follow. Whereas a lot of the other stuff, you have to usually buy DVDs or pay for shows, and some people, myself included, don't really want to use our disposible income on indie wrestling. I'd LOVE to get into NJPW but I don't have a means of getting it unless they add a Paypal feature.

All I'm saying is that ain't no way manga-gaf has legally bought all the manga they read considering a lot of is fan translations. If there's a product you like and can legally support, you should. Like NJPW. But some stuff is unable to buy online, and I doubt anyone's going to flip a lid about watching a youtube of some WCW matches from 1992 that aren't on the network.

This is illegal gif territory, after all. But even before all that, I found ways to watch FMW when I was like 14 through buying the dvds or finding stuff online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom