• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the closest i've ever seen to a lucha shoot

Dinamic Black vs Fénix

Dinamic Black decides that the handspring cutter is a stupid move, Fenix responds by not tapping to Black's finisher and Black deciding that fuck it, ima break your shoulder is the correct response. The match gets crazy from there with dudes just deciding that theyre kick the shit out of one another

Does Manny Fernandez vs Invader 3 count?

Interesting to note how HBK isn't on the best of terms with Trips and that he doesn't agree fully with what he is doing.

Would like to know specifically what he has issue(s) with.

Unless it's a work to set up their potential match.

Maybe it's because E was a dick to Shawn's real best friend, Hollywood megastar Kevin Nash.

DMczaf

BTW, you guys should try out Wrestling Observer for their $3.99 first month special this weekend. Give Meltzer some money!

Marvel

could never
Uh...what? In terms of what?
Lee Sanders of The RCWR Show:
Michaels continued, "He'll always be my buddy, but right now we're not on the best of terms. I don't agree with things that he's doing I just feel like I left on as close to a perfect situation as you can and I always just I want to make sure that I honor that and take care of that. So, certainly, I'd consider it because he's my buddy, and I'd do anything for my buddy so it'd be something that we'd certainly discuss but I think he'd understand if I turned it down."

Missed my edit.

So I just watched Taker/Mankind at "In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker" (The one where Taker hits Mankind with the steps and he crashes headfirst into the table. Also Taker burns Paul Bearer at the end, which is the catalyst for bringing in Kane.) And I'm reminded of the almost symbiotic nature of the rivalry between Taker and Mankind.

Now it's more or less wrestling knowledge that Taker was floundering for a good chunk of the 90s because he was always willing to do the job for the bigger "monster" wrestlers who weren't very athletic. Then one day Mankind comes in and pretty much rejuvenates his career. Now lots of people assume this is because Foley was willing to get beaten up and look good doing it, and that was certainly a part of it, but something that doesn't get touched on so much is Taker himself.

Taker was significantly more imposing than Foley yet Taker was more than willing to let Mankind beat the dog-shit out of him for a good chunk of their matches. Taker sold the mandible claw, which Foley will tell you was met with loads of skepticism back in the day. In a sense, Mankind did for Taker what Taker did for guys like Gonzalez and Yoko. But the difference is that Taker and Mankind pride themselves on psychology, so they know HOW to beat each other up while making the other look strong. It was a fantastic feud and you can see why both men respect each other because of it.

RBH

tripleh_02_11-203808952_0.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
STqFfVg.jpg

Wasn't the story of that that Invader 3 drank pig's blood and vodka?
I don't know. A lot of people say it was a work, and it really looks like a work. The only thing that makes me want to think it was a shoot is my opinion of Manny Fernandez as a human being. If he went through on a work to capitalize on the murder of the guy who made him for the company that covered up his death and employed the man who killed him, he's a vile human being.

So I just watched Taker/Mankind at "In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker" (The one where Taker hits Mankind with the steps and he crashes headfirst into the table. Also Taker burns Paul Bearer at the end, which is the catalyst for bringing in Kane.) And I'm reminded of the almost symbiotic nature of the rivalry between Taker and Mankind.

Now it's more or less wrestling knowledge that Taker was floundering for a good chunk of the 90s because he was always willing to do the job for the bigger "monster" wrestlers who weren't very athletic. Then one day Mankind comes in and pretty much rejuvenates his career. Now lots of people assume this is because Foley was willing to get beaten up and look good doing it, and that was certainly a part of it, but something that doesn't get touched on so much is Taker himself.

Taker was significantly more imposing than Foley yet Taker was more than willing to let Mankind beat the dog-shit out of him for a good chunk of their matches. Taker sold the mandible claw, which Foley will tell you was met with loads of skepticism back in the day. In a sense, Mankind did for Taker what Taker did for guys like Gonzalez and Yoko. But the difference is that Taker and Mankind pride themselves on psychology, so they know HOW to beat each other up while making the other look strong. It was a fantastic feud and you can see why both men respect each other because of it.

I'm enjoying your posts going through the Attitude Era. I think stro is burning through the PPVs and it's interesting to get these two perspectives.

tm24

I don't know. A lot of people say it was a work, and it really looks like a work. The only thing that makes me want to think it was a shoot is my opinion of Manny Fernandez as a human being. If he went through on a work to capitalize on the murder of the guy who made him for the company that covered up his death and employed the man who killed him, he's a vile human being.

Or a carny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Taker only really sold to Gonzalez in the New Generation. Yoko beat him with the help of literally the entire heel roster. Takers problem in the New Generation was that he was indeed in the Takerverse by himself the entire time, doing 2-5 month programs with literally the shittiest monster heels they could find. The end of 1995 is the start of his rejuvenation getting feuds with Bret and Diesel.

The Mankind feud is definitely the one that brings him back to the top again.

Taker only really sold to Gonzalez in the New Generation. Yoko beat him with the help of literally the entire heel roster. Takers problem in the New Generation was that he was indeed in the Takerverse by himself the entire time, doing 2-5 month programs with literally the shittiest monster heels they could find. The end of 1995 is the start of his rejuvenation getting feuds with Bret and Diesel.

The Mankind feud is definitely the one that brings him back to the top again.

The just work so damn well with each other

What I find interesting is that there always seems to be a bunch of 'new' people who post in the random OT Threads created about wrestling news and events who never seem to post in the Community Threads.

Even the Fastlane OT thread has people I have rarely (if ever) seen post in a WrassleGAF Monthly thread. So, perhaps if an OT Thread is made it has a link to the monthly community thread to help people find us?

I usually don't post here because all the discussion I would want to discuss I miss because I don't watch WWE Raw and Smackdown live. I don't have cable so I watch the Hulu versions. I also wait for my SO to watch it with me.

That being said I'm still going through watching all of WCW from the first nitro to the last one from 96 on the network (that includes the ppv's and clash of champions). I want WWE to add more episodes of raw and add some episodes of WCW Saturday night.

dream

Even Nash called Austin the best worker in the business before his injury.

Shawn like ok.jpg

Not just the best worker, he was the best at everything. It was clear to everyone that he was going to become at least the next Ric Flair. That's why the WWE revisionist white washing of Austin's rise to fame is so amusing to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
YOSHIKO should get blacklisted for that, and I hope this serves as a lesson to STARDOM that they need to freakin' relax on the stiff wrestling. Not even NJPW goes that hard, and they don't have to.

She might get fired but she'll get hired somewhere else and they'll try to turn it into an angle. Remember, this is the same industry that turned Misawa's death into an angle and involved a suicidal wrestler in it. And truthfully, Joshi have always been worse than mens wrestling about trying to permanently injure someone they don't like. Keep in mind the women who trained the last generation. It has only just recently gotten to be a safe promotion to work for now that the drawing power isn't there so MOST PEOPLE aren't so paranoid about their spot.

Get ready for Yoshiko to do a run-in at Oz Academy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Clearly I completely missed something about this STARDOM event? Can anyone link me the story or give me the rundown?

Yoshiko and Act Yasukawa had a match. Rumors always been around that Yoshiko and Act didn't like each other. Seems there's a good amount of people in Stardom that didn't like Act for whatever reason. Act had just returned a few months ago from having surgery done to her eye that she was blind in. The match quickly turned into a shoot with Yoshiko pounding Act directly in the eye that was worked on that was formerly blind. Basically trying to reblind her or worse. Yoshiko broke Act's orbital bone. The ref wanted to stop the match early, but the owner said don't because he thought it was a work until there was blood. Kyoko Kimura had to pull them apart and people from outside of their stables was also tending to Act who got pulverized like Kairi Hojo. Act was taken to the hospital and there's supposed to be a staff meeting tomorrow.

Fans, wrestlers, and the staff are completely pissed. Refunds and tickets were handed out and the owners said that this is not a MMA company that Yoshiko betrayed professional wrestling or something along those lines. She was completely unprofessional and may have ended someone's career who has had a rough time of it her entire life with her eye disease. Io Shirai and Hiroyo Matsumoto came out an hour afterwards to meet with the fans and be like
tumblr_inline_mx0g839bIf1r6fllt.gif

There's pictures online of Act's face which pretty much says it all.

Just warched WCW Capital Carnage and thought it was a great history lesson. Mean Marc just months before he was The Undertaker took on Johnny Ace. Interesting seeing shades of thr future. The finish was Taker walking the top rop to drop an elbow. He used most of the same moves minus tombstone.

Christ almighty! So has she given any reasoning behind her shoot trying to blind another human or is she just a monster cunt? I have just recently because of this thread started digging into Stardom matches a little bit and this is insane to read.

Rev Pro was good fun.

The venue was a tiny artsy theatre thing, really nice and intimate, not a bad seat in the place. Downside being, the small crowd meant it got quite quiet at points, especially during the matches where neither the hardcores or the families knew the guys.

Enjoyed Damo, hope to see him down south more often going forward.

Main event for their next show is:
Havoc vs Ospreay

So you guys would be ok with being called "WrestlingGAF"? I can't say it rolls off the tongue.

WrestlinGAF
Sports Entertainment Gaming-Age Forum

Did you want to discuss Lana? NSFW obviously.

No really though - Freckle what were you thinking? I was like nooooo

SOMEONE POSTED THAT SHIT BEFORE AND WE ALL HAD A GOOD TIME.
Shit, we post half-naked men in their underwear all the time casually. We can post that poor Act woman getting her face fucking mangled up, but when it's a woman's bare breasts, through a link that was marked NSFW it's wrong? Sexism, brother.

What say you WrassleGaf:

Funkettes:
tumblr_n143yr9oVX1sj4xr4o1_500.jpg

vs
Funkadactyls:
10_Funkettes.jpg

Naomi

Lady, you're watching World Wrestling Entertainment tonight. You don't get to say shit.

You're lucky we don't do drug tests, brother

I have a trip to Japan planned and was thinking about going to a DDT show. is it worth going to?

Can you pick me up a Kenny Omega body pillow?

Is he shooting on Seth Rollins?

/sigh yeah

FUVWIZf.png

You god damn teenagers.

more hating on "The Big Bad Wolf Of NXT" Baron Corbin? smh

More like Big and Bad (as in terrible) Baron Corbin

BTW, you guys should try out Wrestling Observer for their $3.99 first month special this weekend. Give Meltzer some money!

Why would I want to pay 3.99 to have someone talk about wrestling when I can pay 0.00 for this month to watch wrestling?

I watched a video like this once. NSFW obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom