• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dig this, gang. What if it's a rendition of Takayama vs Frye but done to make the Japanese side look better? Kind of like the Civil War reenactments where the South wins.

yoshiko4.jpg

Takayama_Yoshihiro.jpg

That DDT tlc match was a lot of fun and the production was really major league, clearly I need to forget everything I've ever though about their product. Also I don't know what it is but I enjoy watching Jun Kasai when he is in matches that don't involve exploding mouse traps and barb wire cockrings. Has such a Cactus Jack is gonna kill you vibe that is reminiscent of the Cactus/Vader era.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
None of the Ogawa/Hash matches are online anymore it seems. They probably took them down because they're too close to snuff.

That DDT tlc match was a lot of fun and the production was really major league, clearly I need to forget everything I've ever though about their product. Also I don't know what it is but I enjoy watching Jun Kasai when he is in matches that don't involve exploding mouse traps and barb wire cockrings. Has such a Cactus Jack is gonna kill you vibe that is reminiscent of the Cactus/Vader era.

He's extremely charismatic and likeable. Along with his very unique look, I'm not a deathmatch fan, but I'm a huge Jun Kasai fan. It's a combination of admiration and fear.

tm24

I wish there was more lucha libre discussion even if it's not my kind of thing.

I do my best to link to the must see matches, but then i only get like 3 replies so i only bother linking them to Sunny or when slightconfuse asks for some recommendations. Seriously people, watch more matches with Rush and Negro Casas.

Here's a recommendation and one of my favorite feuds in CMLL right now

Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi

It's slowly heating up and Dragon Lee is a great spot monkey who is fucking insane and is probably better than his brother Mistico II. It should make for a fun mask vs mask match next month

JavyOO7

Watching Morishima in NOAH is killing me. Did he never take as a main eventer? He's third in the card in a tag match as I'm watching this right now.

And man, Ogawa is getting up there in age.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So IGF wants Brock still because Inoki clan has the biggest boner for Lesnar. I didn't even know IGF was still around.

Watching Morishima in NOAH is killing me. Did he never take as a main eventer? He's third in the card in a tag match as I'm watching this right now.

And man, Ogawa is getting up there in age.

He didn't take that well but with NOAH's roster the way it is now, he still takes better than KENTA or Marufuji. Before Suzuki-gun, he was the top heel in NOAH. I'd argue he still is. He's a great wrestler, but he has shitty presence. Kenou and Ohara help with that a ton.

dream

Here is Dr. Death vs. Wild Thing Steve Ray, young bucks. The story, which came out so long after the fact that I suspect it's a retroactive angle that someone is trying to work because pro wrestling people are scumbags, is that Herb Abrams suspected the Wild Thing was banging his wife, so he hired Dr. Death to stiff the shit out of him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to see if there were any Meng matches that turned into a shoot, so I started looking up deceased wrestlers.

dream

While there's no footage of this, Lou Thesz has a fantastic story about wrestling Karl Gotch one night and getting his ribs broken. Thesz suspected that he was being set up for a double-cross, so he took Gotch down and choked him out, which is incredible considering Karl was a catch wrestler.

Wrestling used to be good, young bucks.

One thing that I dislike about the attitude era (Now that I'm watching some of the ppvs of the era), and Stone Cold seems to do this a lot, is going out to the entrance area to just walk around and do some shitty spots. Nothing out there ever really makes as far as an offense strategy, and it just seems to drag the match on. It just makes for some sloppy wrassling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought Meng's toughman reputation came from behind the scenes rather than in the ring.

Yeah, but that just means there would have been some tough guy who wanted to 'prove his badassery' a la Maeda trying to shoot on Andre that would have set Meng off.

Perry Saturn's shoot they ask him about all the badasses in WCW in a room together. Steiners, him, Williams, Finlay, Regal, Norton, Duggan, Meng, who would survive? And without even thinking, Perry Saturn, decorated Ranger who no sells bullets, immediately says 'Oh Meng would kill us all. He might let Barbarian live, but we'd all be dead.'

kirblar

One thing that I dislike about the attitude era (Now that I'm watching some of the ppvs of the era), and Stone Cold seems to do this a lot, is going out to the entrance area to just walk around and do some shitty spots. Nothing out there ever really makes as far as an offense strategy, and it just seems to drag the match on. It just makes for some sloppy wrassling.
This is specifically a thing for Austin because he has to work around his neck. He changed his moveset afterwards to compensate it and the brawly Attitude Era style resulted from it.

NXT isn't the end-all be all to wrestling.

Sometimes I wonder, you see so many people saying how NXT is the perfect solution to a shitty WWE product, but as much as I enjoy the specials it's a product I struggle to muster up much enthusiasm for week-to-week unless there's a match featuring dudes who I'm a fan of for their work elsewhere. I think it's fine if NXT provides people with all the quality wrestling action they need each week, but this attitude that it's the be-all and end-all of wrestling does a disservice to the wealth of easily accessible, quality promotions available in this day and age.

NXT - "indy guys" = Not very good.

HHH was at least smart enough to know that. Interested to see what it looks like when all of these people are on the main roster.

dream

I don't see much in NXT either. I mean, Fin is clearly the future. And I like the guy whose catch phrase is something like "my friend is 7 feet tall, and that's something that can't be taught." But there's so much bad shit in that promotion, and I'm not even talking about the fans.

This is specifically a thing for Austin because he has to work around his neck. He changed his moveset afterwards to compensate it and the brawly Attitude Era style resulted from it.

Yea, I started noticing things like that, especially with Shawn Michaels in the WM14 where he pretty much worked with a fucked back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Corbin vs Owens will be terrible.

And Corbin's hairline is 2 years away from halting his push completely in its tracks. I think aside from the 'big 5' of which at least 1 is leaving soon, the other is off tv, their roster is very poor to me. Itami hasn't found his footing yet. I like Kallisto but Lucha Dragons has been incredibly disappointing to me when I catch their matches. Their tag division is bad. I think Tyler Breeze does nothing special with the gimmick he has. It's fine when you look at it for what it is, developmental. But a lot of people don't look at it for what it is, developmental.

tm24

This is the closest i've ever seen to a lucha shoot

Dinamic Black vs Fénix

Dinamic Black decides that the handspring cutter is a stupid move, Fenix responds by not tapping to Black's finisher and Black deciding that fuck it, ima break your shoulder is the correct response. The match gets crazy from there with dudes just deciding that theyre kick the shit out of one another

Which is a shame because most people know him for his brawling style, when he was a damn good technical guy before Summerslam '97.

Corbin vs Owens will be terrible.

And Corbin's hairline is 2 years away from halting his push completely in its tracks.

He just needs a bandana, BROTHER.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which is a shame because most people know him for his brawling style, when he was a damn good technical guy before Summerslam '97.

More than good. He was great. There was a period where Austin and Scott Steiner were the two most athletically gifted wrestlers in professional wrestling. Which is hilarious to think about now.

I would love a monthly non-WWE wrestling topic. Because most of the time everything gets lost in the sea of WWE talk. I want to discuss SZG invading NOAH, more LU, Evolve and so on, but if the right people is not online when I post about it the message gets ignored.

More than good. He was great. There was a period where Austin and Scott Steiner were the two most athletically gifted wrestlers in professional wrestling. Which is hilarious to think about now.

Steiner before and after megaroids looks like two different guys. Old Steiner looks like a guy New Steiner would shoot on and utterly destroy, like he did with Flair.

This is the closest i've ever seen to a lucha shoot

Dinamic Black vs Fénix

Dinamic Black decides that the handspring cutter is a stupid move, Fenix responds by not tapping to Black's finisher and Black deciding that fuck it, ima break your shoulder is the correct response. The match gets crazy from there with dudes just deciding that theyre kick the shit out of one another
¿Esto es un disparo?

Marvel

could never
Interesting to note how HBK isn't on the best of terms with Trips and that he doesn't agree fully with what he is doing.

Would like to know specifically what he has issue(s) with.

Michaels continued, "He'll always be my buddy, but right now we're not on the best of terms. I don't agree with things that he's doing I just feel like I left on as close to a perfect situation as you can and I always just I want to make sure that I honor that and take care of that. So, certainly, I'd consider it because he's my buddy, and I'd do anything for my buddy so it'd be something that we'd certainly discuss but I think he'd understand if I turned it down."

Unless it's a work to set up a potential match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom