• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
nVepRzp.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

"SEE YOU IN COURT" is really the dumbest thing to yell after you just lost in court

brau

So, what are the chances Trump will be there and when the court asks him for proof he will say 'IM YOUR PROOF!'?

Nydius

Some of the GIFs being posted in the comments to his tweet have me dying over here. Especially the ones where people add their own text to his Executive Orders.

Gorsuch is largely irrelevant. I really don't see Kennedy siding with Trump on this.

Honestly, I can't see Roberts siding with him either.

You know money can buy you anything and everything in America, when this internet troll has an Ivy league education. All caps is just icing on the cake.

I really don't think there are 5 votes on the SCOTUS to find the EO constitutional on its merits. So he's fucked either way.

Nerazar

So now Trump can appeal to...?

Trump will install a new court, a better court, with an EO! Like an Antipope in medieval times! There, he will win so much, we will all be tired of him winning so hard! So much win!

Also: I really enjoy those tears bursting out of his supporter and him. Am I a bad person?

NH Apache

Banned
Well, it is going back to court, isn't it? This was just a decision on whether the suspension would be kept up until the court date or not...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With a conservative/authoritarian SCOTUS, I can see this being reversed.

I hope not.

It depends on a lot of things in the end, but there's no way the Supreme Court will overturn this.

The issue is that the District Court (the lowest court level) granted a stay so that it could determine whether the ban was constitutional before it allowed it to continue to take effect. The argument which was submitted to the Ninth Circuit (the Appellate Court) was that the Judiciary literally does not have the power to determine whether the Executive's immigration policies are Constitutional. There's no way whatsoever this gets overturned. That doesn't mean the original Court might not determine that the Ban doesn't violate Constitutional rights.

Red

don tweeting in corner while bannon masturbates at white house desk and frantically mutters "civic society!"

I really don't think there are 5 votes on the SCOTUS to find the EO constitutional on its merits. So he's fucked either way.

Yep, the article says as much.

The Justice Department could now ask the Supreme Court — which often defers to the president on matters of immigration and national security — to intervene. The Supreme Court, though, remains one justice short, and many see it as ideologically split 4-4. A tie would keep in place whatever the appeals court decides.

Just take the L, Donnie, you lost and lost hard.

And in case you're wondering, yes the D was Easy. So ez.

kmfdmpig

Great news. A victory for sanity and actual American values and a defeat for that buffoon and those who voted him into office.

I'm imagining Captain Orange pacing around the Oval Office, red in the face as he yells at his staff.

I can't WAIT for inevitable leaks about what he did.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters

JUST IN: Trump says appeals court decision was political

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom