• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
I can play in about 45min when I get home. I'll log on and see if you're there.

ill probably be playing magicked in our league game. thats why i wanted a couple of practice games :lol

woodchuck

good game magicked. i got my revenge from earlier in the season.

but obviously, the game would have been completely different if you hadn't hit those posts in the beginning

Magicked

FC Dallas 4 - 0 RSL

Shots: 12 - 7
SOT: 6 - 2

Goals:
Cooper - 1
Cunningham - 2
Van Den Bergh - 1

Well, it started fine. I had some great attacks and kept hitting the fucking post or narrowly missing with clear cut chances. Woodchuck had some good attacks too, but his went in. After the 3rd goal I just gave up basically and wanted it to be over.

GG.

woodchuck

yeah, you had some pretty good crosses to start out with. i shit my pants on that volley of yours that hit the post. but don't forget, i hit the post couple times too in the 1st half!

and yeah, pro tip for any future opponent: just cross the ball. my team is useless defending any ball in the air

Magicked

woodchuck said:
yeah, you had some pretty good crosses to start out with. i shit my pants on that volley of yours that hit the post. but don't forget, i hit the post couple times too in the 1st half!

and yeah, pro tip for any future opponent: just cross the ball. my team is useless defending any ball in the air

Yea, you played well. I started getting really frustrated in the second half too, which didn't help things at all. Your new tactics are nice on offense, and you're very patient with the ball. You just wait for an opening and take advantage of it.

It should have been a much better game though, but that's football for you... :p

Daigoro

fucking Goldstein! drunk off his ass, destroys me in our league game and forgets to write down the stats. :lol you ass.

im almost positive it was 5-1 Chivas. :lol

i had 3 fucking penalties against you! THREE. thats a record folks.

i dunno what the fuck is going on with my AI players. but lately when i push them hard at people in the box they have started slide taclking like idiots. this has been happening to me really often all of a sudden.

so i remeber those clearly, and im pretty sure you scored 2 really nice goals from outside of the box. (cause my fucking players slide tackled every time you were in the box). and i scored a nice one with Casey via an overhead through pass.

shots must have been like 16-8 and like 8-1 on. my best guess.

oh well. gg anyways.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Man I'm really sorry I couldnt remember what was going on, one of my buddies showed up and we started taking shots of fake grand ma.

Will not happen again, sorry guys

I'm pretty sure it was like 3 goals for Galindo, 2 Razov

lol when I woke up this morning I thought it was a dream

edit--I was in a party?

damn :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
facepalm.jpg

woodchuck

:lol

yeah, we thought you were going to join us in Clubs after your game. but we figured you were too drunk to realize what's going on. we didn't know how you'd even set up the game and invite daigoro

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Sorry yall I can be more annoying when I drink too much.

Yeah the other day I got lost for like 15 minutes when I had to sent Magicked the invite, I got it down now though.

Hadnt had anything to drink since last week so it hit me kind of hard.

Daigoro

woodchuck said:
we didn't know how you'd even set up the game and invite daigoro

it took a while.

Cornballer said:
No worries, man. It wasn't annoying as much as it was amusing. We all had a good laugh about it.

it was pretty annoying when i was losing 5-1. :lol

no worries though Chris.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol

If I get a lead it builds my confidence and I play better but if I concede an early goal I fucking go into panic mode and suck badly

k0ji-wd

Chicago Fire (tse88) 7 vs. Toronto FC (Shinobi) 1

Shots: 18-2
Shots On Target: 15-1

Goalscorers

Chicago Fire
C Blanco (8, 68, 90)
B. McBride (26, 49)
C. Carr (83, 86)

Toronto FC
D. Dichio (22)

Shinobi

Fifty said:
Go Fire! Kick his filthy Canadian ass!

Fuck you too.

I probably should've resorted to more defensive measures once I got 4-1 down. He basically scored the last 3 goals in the final ten minutes. :lol Ah well, everyone lays an egg every once in a while.

k0ji-wd

Shinobi said:
Fuck you too.

I probably should've resorted to more defensive measures once I got 4-1 down. He basically scored the last 3 goals in the final ten minutes. :lol Ah well, everyone lays an egg every once in a while.

I think I would've thrown my 360 out the fucking window if I hadn't won that game by at least a few goals. . .i dunno how many clear cut chances i missed in that previous game. . .

Shinobi

k0ji-wd said:
I think I would've thrown my 360 out the fucking window if I hadn't won that game by at least a few goals. . .i dunno how many clear cut chances i missed in that previous game. . .

I didn't realize how badly you'd outplayed me in the first game till I looked at the shooting stats. :lol Home field advantage must've worked in my favour.

This is what happened with me in the last tourney though...half the teams I played against would miss two or three breakaways a game, while I'd nick some goalagainst the run of play and win via shutout. :lol

k0ji-wd

Shinobi said:
I didn't realize how badly you'd outplayed me in the first game till I looked at the shooting stats. :lol Home field advantage must've worked in my favour.

This is what happened with me in the last tourney though...half the teams I played against would miss two or three breakaways a game, while I'd nick some goalagainst the run of play and win via shutout. :lol

you know, the thing is, when we hit extra time in the first game i figured i needed the three points since i was taking over the bottom ranked team, and started playing a 2-4-4 formation :lol

TDG

Banned
Well, I've got a few games to take care, I guess I need to play koji, Shinobi, and strike villain. But, I won't worry about it too much, since I'm the away team.

I'll be avalible from 7:30-8:30 tonight if anyone wants to get their game in with me. Let me know.

Tf53, we need to play sometime this weekend. Let me know when you're free.

Anyone up for FIFA Clubs tomorrow? 10am PT/ 1pm ET / 6pm GMT? Lemme know...

k0ji-wd

TDG said:
Well, I've got a few games to take care, I guess I need to play koji, Shinobi, and strike villain. But, I won't worry about it too much, since I'm the away team.

I'll be avalible from 7:30-8:30 tonight if anyone wants to get their game in with me. Let me know.

it'd be cool if we can get our game done, that would mean i'd have caught up my outstanding games

TDG

Banned
k0ji-wd said:
it'd be cool if we can get our game done, that would mean i'd have caught up my outstanding games
Yeah, maybe we can get it done tonight, I think I'll be busy all afternoon.

k0ji-wd

i'm down for clubs a little later after te FA Cup ties. . .I need the info and shit again though cause I quit the GAF team a while ago

Gonna log on now and see if anyone's on... If we don't have 4-5, I'll probably skip it this week.

EDIT: Yeah, no one on right now for FIFA Clubs. If you guys want to get on and play later, just post something here and I'll hop on.

I'm away for the weekend and I left FIFA and my HDD at my apartment. I'll be back Monday or Tuesday if that's OK to whoever I have to play this week. Sorry guys.

Top Bottom