• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Magicked

Daigoro, are you going to be around at all tomorrow? I'm pretty busy the rest of the night today, but tomorrow I should be available almost the whole day for our match.

Good games on FIFA Clubs today everyone. Sucks that it takes so long to get a game. Thought we were playing better today aside from the usual 90th minute disaster.
Magicked said:
GG, CB. Both of us had some pretty poor moments on defense, but we were terrible at capitalizing on them.
Yeah, I couldn't get anything on net that game.

Tf53

Cornballer said:
the usual 90th minute disaster.
Post and crossbar on empty nets? :lol

Although I guess I shouldn't say anything after that one shot that landed on the moon...

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Good games on FIFA Clubs today everyone. Sucks that it takes so long to get a game. Thought we were playing better today aside from the usual 90th minute disaster.

You guys give up some 90 minute goals again? :p

Shinobi

Ok...changed the wire and everything looks to be working again, so I'm good to go. I'll be available to play the second this hilarious Barcelona/Athletico Madrid game is over.

Shinobi said:
Ok...changed the wire and everything looks to be working again, so I'm good to go. I'll be available to play the second this hilarious Barcelona/Athletico Madrid game is over.
You want to get that league game of ours out of the way today?

Shinobi

I plan to catch up on every single game I can today, while I've still got the chance. :lol So yeah, whoever's around that I'm due to play, I'll play...I'll be home all day and night.

:lol @ Barca BTW...might be the game of the year so far.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn shinobi that was crazy. can't believe that ball that hung on my goalline on like three separate occasions in the same wacky play

Shinobi

:lol That play was hilarious, I almost dropped the controller from laughing so hard.

Toronto FC 0 - NY Red Bulls 2
Shots: 5-6
SOG: 4-6

Scorers:
J Angel, 8 Min
J Pietravallo, 80 Min

Two completely different games, but both were a lot of fun. The goals strikevillian and myself scored were just amazing, counter attacking footy pulled off to perfection.

Magicked

RSL 0 - 2 Colorado

Shots: 9 - 9
SOT: 3 - 4

Goals:
O. Cummings - 62'
P. Mastroeni - 65'

GG Daigoro. Handed me my first loss. :(

Tf53

Daigoro, I'll be up for about 30 mins, if you wanna play our game now. I'll wake up at 7 am, so if you wanna play the game around midnight EST, that's also an option.

TDG

Banned
I still need to play against Fifty, but I haven't heard from him. It might have to wait until tomorrow though, I don't think I'll be avalible tonight.

Tf53

Houston - Colorado 3-3
Shots 12-9
On goal 8-5

Craziest game ever. Scored my first goal from a cross that sailed in off the back post. The rest of the game was just as insanely hilarious (or hilariously insane). We did the PKs and the first 10 shooters missed.

edit: damn, forgot to note the scorers. Daigoro, can you hazard a guess who did your handywork? I'll have a looksee tomorrow.

Daigoro

Magicked said:
RSL 0 - 2 Colorado

Shots: 9 - 9
SOT: 3 - 4

Goals:
O. Cummings - 62'
P. Mastroeni - 65'

GG Daigoro. Handed me my first loss. :(

dont forget it was my first league win!
ever! :/

pretty crazy. both goals were headers one was an arial through ball i couldve sworn was offsides that i headed/lobbed over the keeper. and the second was a corner or a cross, i forget which.

nice goals, very unlike me.

couldnt have happened to a nicer guy though. :(

gg Magicked.

Tf53 said:
Houston - Colorado 3-3
Shots 12-9
On goal 8-5

Craziest game ever. Scored my first goal from a cross that sailed in off the back post. The rest of the game was just as insanely hilarious (or hilariously insane). We did the PKs and the first 10 shooters missed.

edit: damn, forgot to note the scorers. Daigoro, can you hazard a guess who did your handywork? I'll have a looksee tomorrow.

luckily i recorded them.

5' Davis -H
30' Casey -C
45' Holden -H
55' Casey -C
105' Ching (Penalty) -H
105' Cummings -C

insane game Tf! end to end madness. that first goal was nutso. i though it was an own goal at first, but looks like the cross just snuck in by the far post. :lol

when it went to penalties, we went 8 straight attempts without a goal. all saves and misses (like 7 saves out of 8!).

gg, it was wild.

woodchuck

if you guys don't mind, in the future, can you guys state what team each player belongs to. i dont want to have to keep going to wikipedia!

also, you don't have to record the minutes if you don't want to

woodchuck

all standings/stats/etc have been updated so far.

matches left to be played:

Match 2 (battle of the canadians who can't connect to the EA servers): Toronto vs Chicago

Match 6:

Chicago vs Columbus (tdg already posted about it)
Kansas City vs Toronto

Fifty

TDG said:
I still need to play against Fifty, but I haven't heard from him. It might have to wait until tomorrow though, I don't think I'll be avalible tonight.

The battle of the people who both are too lazy to PM the other person can probably be played tomorrow night.

TDG

Banned
Fifty said:
The battle of the people who both are too lazy to PM the other person can probably be played tomorrow night.
Okay, I'm taking the day off due to the flu, so I'll be avalible all day. Just let me know when.

Not in PMs though, that'd break the magic.

I believe that ET is to be played and so that is what we did.

KC 2 - 1 Toronto
Shot 16- 3
OT 10 - 2

Goals Toronto: 44' Dichio
KC 75' and 100' Wolff

Good game finally had some movement that caught him on the back foot. But i was shaky at first.

Fifty

But if the servers won't let me connect, I might have to drop from the league. I was trying to play Astrolad the other day, and it just would not let me get on. I tried everything. Since I already don't have much time to play..I can't spend half an hour rebooting my router and modem, only to find out that it's not going to work. Anyway..hopefully it'll be smooth tomorrow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NY Red Bulls 1 - 0 DC United
Shots 11 - 7
On Target 5 - 2

Goals: Ubiparipovic 96' (NY)

Really slow game punctuated by about 2-3 bursts of excitement (and Angel's early red on a lazy silly slide--d'oh). But I will take my REVENGEANCE however I can get it!

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
NY Red Bulls 1 - 0 DC United
Shots 11 - 7
On Target 5 - 2

Goals: Ubiparipovic 96' (NY)

Really slow game punctuated by about 2-3 bursts of excitement (and Angel's early red on a lazy silly slide--d'oh). But I will take my REVENGEANCE however I can get it!

Also, I hit the post in the play right before you scored. ahhhhh

I was doing a better job of controlling the tempo before the red card too lol

Tf53

Cornballer and N.A, when would be the best time for you guys to play?

I'm GMT +2, so I think I won't have too much trouble setting up a time with N.A, but can you play during the day or in the morning, Cornballer? If nights are easier, I guess I can get up relatively early some morning to play, too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sneaky77 said:
Also, I hit the post in the play right before you scored. ahhhhh

I was doing a better job of controlling the tempo before the red card too lol
Haha yeah when you hit a post in a 0-0 game that almost always seems to be bad news.

edit: funny enough sneak those goals i gave up in the first game are the only goals i've given up all season (not that there haven't been several close calls)

Tf53 said:
Can you play during the day or in the morning, Cornballer? If nights are easier, I guess I can get up relatively early some morning to play, too.
Between 5pm-11pm PT on weeknights and the weekends are typically pretty free if you want to do it then.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Haha yeah when you hit a post in a 0-0 game that almost always seems to be bad news.

edit: funny enough sneak those goals i gave up in the first game are the only goals i've given up all season (not that there haven't been several close calls)

Yeah, you're good. I had my chances and you had yours too

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Ok Daigoro lets do this dude, I'll be on tonight after 10 eastern. If not I'm on all day tomorrow.

See if my new tactics help my season that's out to another mediocre start like the last one.

woodchuck

here's the schedule:

302xnjr.jpg

woodchuck

you forgot to mention RSL vs FC Dallas. this is where i make my move. last year, i was also 2-2-2 at the halfway mark. now i'll change my custom tactics and cruise to victory

you guys are officially ON NOTICE

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck, correct me if i'm wrong but did we ever decide on a playoff system? 4 from each conf? if so, playoffs are wide open and will be until the very end.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
woodchuck, correct me if i'm wrong but did we ever decide on a playoff system? 4 from each conf? if so, playoffs are wide open and will be until the very end.

yeah. 4 from each conference.

if ChrisGoldstein chokes (which he's prone to doing), that could open up the door to the Western Conference basement dwellers

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:

if ChrisGoldstein chokes (which he's prone to doing), that could open up the door to the Western Conference basement dwellers

lol

Hopefully these new tactics will keep that from happening

Daigoro

ChrisGoldstein said:
Saw you beat Magicked 2-0, I'm worried now lol

dude. im the ultimate badass.

watch it!

woodchuck said:

hopefully we can make things in the Western conference exciting.

i cant believe NY and LA are on top of their respective conferences. what kind of injustice is this?!

im glad strike is doing well with my team though. i would have made a mockery out of it.

im putting in a good showing for the Rapids though. :lol

AstroLad said:
gah i hate bye weeks i'm already all caught up with all my games!
We can rock out some FIFA Clubs later this week. :p

I also think we should do an East vs West challenge at some point. Just have E1 vs W1, E2, vs W2, etc... Just to see how the conferences stack up against each other for fun.

For the sake of amusement, one of the MLS bloggers put up a list of projected starting lineups for the teams this year. Just curious if anyone is using the same one that actually might play this year. I have a few changes in mine because Convey isn't on the roster. I think I'm using 9 out of those 11 players right now.

Top Bottom