• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

KC 2 - 1 DC United
Shots 9 - 5
OT 6 - 3

Lopez 35', 41'
Quaranta 69'

Good game, my goals came early and quick should have been 3 though with the header off the post

Tf53

I'm not home at the moment, but I'll be online this evening, probably around 5pm GMT. If you guys are online, we can play our matches then. If Sunday evening is better for you, Cornballer, I can get up early on Monday morning as well.

N.A

Banned
Tf53 said:
I'm not home at the moment, but I'll be online this evening, probably around 5pm GMT. If you guys are online, we can play our matches then. If Sunday evening is better for you, Cornballer, I can get up early on Monday morning as well.

I'll be on then.

woodchuck

lot of unplayed games left. come on slackers. get your games in!

also, don't forget about Daylight Savings when scheduling.

Tf53 said:
Want to play in about an hour or two? Let me know when you get home.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
holy shit there are like half the games left to be played. why sign up for the league if you don't care about playing your games? surely there wasn't some sort of misunderstanding about what being in a fifa league entailed? afaicr we never coerced anyone into being in the league either, although sometimes it certainly feels like that with the most apathetic among you.

smh

TDG

Banned
Alright Shinobi, StrikeVillain and Koji, let's get these games done, I don't want to have any extra games to play next week. I'm going to be avalible all day except from 5-7. Just let me know when you can play, and I'll hop on.

And remember that you guys are the home team in all of these games.

Tf53

Cornballer said:
I'll be on in 15-20 minutes so we can play our game.

Btw, did you get the roster update yet?
Yeah, I did.

FIFA fucking sucks. N.A, you played a lot better, but the first and third goals were utter bullshit. I played the shittiest game in a long while, too. Fuck.

N.A

Banned
LA Galaxy 3 - 0 Houston Dynamo
Shots: 11-5
On Target: 8-4

Scorers:
Gordon 31'
Buddle 45', 65'

Tf53 said:
Yeah, I did.

FIFA fucking sucks. N.A, you played a lot better, but the first and third goals were utter bullshit. I played the shittiest game in a long while, too. Fuck.

To be fair I would probably have scored 2 more if you didn't keep taking my players out when they were clean through. :lol

Magicked said:
So where has N.A. run off to? When are we going to play our match?

I'll keep checking whether you are on up until 9pm GMT.

Tf53

Houston – San Jose 2-1
Shots: 8-11
On goal: 4-6

24' K. Kamara
69' R. Johnson
78' B. Ching

N.A: I only did that when I was 3-0 down and more than royally pissed off. :D Plus, no red cards = completely fair. :p

That was perhaps the worst penalty kick in the history of football.

Good game, Tf. I thought I did enough in the 2nd half to get back into it, but I couldn't finish at all. Familiar story for me - I'm the king of the shot stat. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tse & fivehorizons: i can play our games for this new week for the next 1.8 hours if you guys are around

also if you are looking for your opponents live.xbox.com is your friend. half the time they are on there.

Tf53

Cornballer said:
That was perhaps the worst penalty call in the history of football.
Fixed. I took the ball away, your guy ran straight at my defender and the ref suddenly remembered the brown envelope your manager gave him before the match. Justice prevailed. :)

Let's just pretend that I missed the injury time PK out of good sportsmanship. :lol You had a tough call on my goal, too. I think the FIFA AI is adapting and finding new ways to suck these days.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
had my first league disconn when we froze at the half so we played two first halves to complete our game. damn defensive autoswitch seriously let me down in the early going leading to my defenders jumping way up and leaving wide-open shots on the table but thankfully settled down to keep things reasonable in the "second half"

i took a glance at the stats during the first game so these should be fairly close to reality. do you know who your scorers were?

NY – CHI 0-2
Shots: 9-10
On goal: 2-6

Scorers:
McBride
Carr

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
had my first league disconn when we froze at the half so we played two first halves to complete our game. damn defensive autoswitch seriously let me down in the early going leading to my defenders jumping way up and leaving wide-open shots on the table but thankfully settled down to keep things reasonable in the "second half"

i took a glance at the stats during the first game so these should be fairly close to reality. do you know who your scorers were?

NY – CHI 0-2
Shots: 9-10
On goal: 2-6

B. McBride and C. Carr both got one

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
holy shit there are like half the games left to be played. why sign up for the league if you don't care about playing your games? surely there wasn't some sort of misunderstanding about what being in a fifa league entailed? afaicr we never coerced anyone into being in the league either, although sometimes it certainly feels like that with the most apathetic among you.

smh

Is not that hard to send a pm or an xbox live message to set something up. I think some people wait for their opponents to try to do everything

TDG said:
Alright Shinobi, StrikeVillain and Koji, let's get these games done, I don't want to have any extra games to play next week. I'm going to be avalible all day except from 5-7. Just let me know when you can play, and I'll hop on.

And remember that you guys are the home team in all of these games.
As posted before, I'm away for the weekend. I can get my game in next week.

Magicked

N.A said:
I'll keep checking whether you are on up until 9pm GMT.

Ahh, crap. I had to run some errands and it's past 9 pm GMT. Can you be on tomorrow at all? I have to work though and won't be home until about 5:30 EDT.

KC 0 - 5 RBNY
Shots 6 - 28
OT 3 - 15

Angel 2' 20' 45' 73'
Richard 12'

My battery went dead and after that I just lost interest. Sorry not my day

k0ji-wd

Chicago Fire 1 vs. Columbus Crew 3

Shots: 9-11
Shots On Target: 6-7

Goalscorers

Chicago Fire
C. Carr (11)

Columbus Crew
G. Barros Schelotto (1)
A. Moreno (42, 55)

It was a good game, and i thought i could play without having slept for a few days but in truth i could've lost by a few more actually and i paid for not matching the 5-4-1 formation and playing 3-4-3 and my defender's lack of speed really got caught out. . .FUCK! now i really gotta win against Villain. . .:lol

TDG

Banned
Good game, that was a really intense game. I suspected that I'd have to play defensively against you but started out with my 4-4-2 anyway, but your quick goal made me switch to a 5-4-1.

I think I should use that formation more often, since I'm only really good out counter-attacking.

woodchuck

anyways, here are the unplayed games:

Match 7:
Los Angeles Galaxy vs. Real Salt Lake
Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew
New England Revolution vs. Kansas City Wizards

Match 8:
New England Revolution vs. Columbus Crew

i know about strike's games and N.A/magicked. but what about shinobi/tdg????

everything should be updated so far. let me know if there's a huge error in the schedule/stats/standings

woodchuck

and here's this week's schedule...

iqy98z.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn San Jose is on my ass. I'm up to play tomorrow or late tonight Mr. Cornballer.

Magicked I see you online all the time we'll get er done later in the week.

Tf53

Houston - Dallas 0-1
S: 4-11
O: 3-6

83' Cooper

That pretty much ends my season. I guess it wouldn't hurt to play FIFA more than just for league games.

ChrisGoldstein said:
Damn San Jose is on my ass. I'm up to play tomorrow or late tonight Mr. Cornballer.
I'll check if you're on late tonight, otherwise I can probably do it tomorrow.

N.A. - let me know when you want to play our match. Not sure if we can find a time during the week due to the time zone differences, but this weekend is ok, too.

N.A

Banned
Cornballer said:
N.A. - let me know when you want to play our match. Not sure if we can find a time during the week due to the time zone differences, but this weekend is ok, too.

Saturday 6pm GMT ok?

Daigoro

ChrisGoldstein said:
:lol

If I get a lead it builds my confidence and I play better but if I concede an early goal I fucking go into panic mode and suck badly

i do the same shit.

THE PRESSURE IS TOO MUCH!

for reals.

Magicked

RSL 1 - 2 Chivas

Shots: 5 - 15
SOT: 4 - 8

Goals:
Razov - Chivas
Galindo - Chivas
Movsisyan - RSL

GG, CG. We both couldn't do shit for 95% of the match, then the scoring started in the 105th minute.:lol We were both bitching about the passing so much. You deserved the win though after hitting the bar twice and missing on a breakaway.

My stout defense is crumbling and I still can't score very much. It wasn't a problem when I was shutting everyone out. :p

ChrisGoldstein said:
I'm up to play tomorrow or late tonight Mr. Cornballer.
I couldn't hop on last night, but I should be able to play around 8pm PT tonight. Are you still going to be on at that point?

Top Bottom