• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

TDG

Banned
Good game. Wow, that was the story of two halves. I'm pretty sure you outshot me 2-1 in the first half, with nobody scoring. :lol

Well, you can just consider that game a sneak peak of March 28th. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol

Yeah those club games were pretty ugly, I played pretty bad too...and the one game we were winning it freezes.

The AI defense just seems to be terrible, can you do custom tactics in team play?

Magicked

GG, N.A. What an epic match! Each of us came close to pulling ahead throughout the match, but the crossbar was being a bitch. I think I hit it 3 or 4 times on clear goal opportunities!

N.A

Banned
LA Galaxy 1 - 1 Real Salt Lake
Shots: 10 - 15
On Target: 6 - 6

Scorers:
Movsisyan (RSL '9)
Gordon (LA '16)

I'm glad penalties don't count. Great game Magicked, I can't believe how many chances we both missed or that I'm still top of the league.

Magicked

Yea, that was really my chance to pull back and tie it up with you again, but alas the post thought otherwise. That was really an intense match though. My nerves were going nuts near the end. :lol

I felt like I was playing pretty well this game, unlike my last two games. So I'm pretty happy I didn't let you beat me. Maybe I can return to my previous form. :D

BTW, Gordon and the Butts up front are a nasty combo. Gordon is just a beastly man in this game (for MLS). I think he held off like two or three defenders as he ran through the final 3rd and slotted it home. After that I gave him a lot more care and space. Buddle is pretty strong and tall, but he's also a speedy bitch. He caused a lot of problems for me!

woodchuck

cornballer, i probably wont be able to play all today.

games left to be played...

Match 7:

NE Rev vs KC Wizards

Match 8:

NE Rev vs Columbus Crew

Match 9:

NE Rev vs Toronto FC

Match 10:

Chicago Fire vs NE Rev
DC United vs Toronto FC

don't wait until the last minute! use PM's to schedule when you can play.

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
cornballer, i probably wont be able to play all today.

games left to be played...

Match 7:

NE Rev vs KC Wizards

Match 8:

NE Rev vs Columbus Crew

Match 9:

NE Rev vs Toronto FC

Match 10:

Chicago Fire vs NE Rev
DC United vs Toronto FC

don't wait until the last minute! use PM's to schedule when you can play.

me and shinobi already played on thursday

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
i think i forgot to bold the game sorry

my bad. i had updated the standings and stats but forgot to update the schedule

that reminds me, everyone should make sure i made no errors in the standings

k0ji-wd

Chicago Fire 1 - 2 New England Revolution

Goals:

Chicago:
J. Mapp (45)

NYE:
Tug Speedman (66)
K. Dube (105)

Shots:
Chicago: (12) NYE (15)

Shots On Target:
Chicago: (8) NYE (6)

Great match, back and forth, I over-carried a few 1v1s and 2 misplaced passes led to the 2 goals I conceded, this mls shit is a real wake up call but--
Jesus, fuck. . .I need some goddamn luck, shit, fuck, shit

TDG

Banned
Good game SV, much like our previous game against each other, that was fiercly competetive.

I don't know what the FUCK my goalie was doing on the last goal, but that was the nearest I've ever come to throwing my controller. Seriously, after that comeback, to have that happen in the 89th minute. What the hell.

Colombus Crew 2 - 3 New England Revolution

Goals:

Columbus:
R. Rogers
G. Barros Schelotto

NE:
T. Twellman x3

Shots:
Columbus: (7) NE: (5)

Shots On Target:
Columbus: (4) NE: (4)

Toronto FC 2 - 1 New England Revolution

Goals:

Toronto:
C. Barrett x2

NE:
T. Twellman

Shots:
Toronto: (8) NE: (12)

Shots On Target:
Columbus: (4) NE: (5)

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
wood beat your score on sfIV.

Ts53 and NA im ready to play

i had to return SFIV so i wont have the chance to kick your ass in it.

also, i rented Resident Evil 5 if anyone wants to try co-op in that.

Started playing against random people in unranked games today. Mixed bag of weirdos and people that are worth playing against. Some dude wanted to do 15 minute halves. No way, duder.
woodchuck said:
also, i rented Resident Evil 5 if anyone wants to try co-op in that.
I have it if you want to play some time. I haven't tried it yet.

woodchuck

yeah, definitely be up for some co-op action and screaming like a little girl

everything should be updated so far.

games still left to be played...

Match 7

NE Revolution vs KC Wizards

matches for this week:

20ksvwg.jpg

Western Conference Match of the Week: Chivas vs LA Galaxy. The Home Depot Derby pits two of the best teams in a fight for playoff positioning.

Eastern Conference Match of the Week: Toronto FC Vs New York Redbulls. Can Toronto FC topple the current conference leaders to remain in the playoff hunt?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I'm getting RE5 from gamefly, I've never passed a resident evil game in my whole life.

I wish it controlled like gears. graphics are great though.

edit--motw yeah come on!

woodchuck said:
yeah, definitely be up for some co-op action and screaming like a little girl
Cool. Btw, I'm out of town from Thu-Sun this week, so let's get our game out of the way sometime early this week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
OP is updated. I think Twellman probably has the scoring title locked up.

Just realized the race for that last playoff spot in the Eastern is SUPER tight.

I'll finish up with Strike tonight hopefully, I have been sick last few days and not up for any competition.

Then TSE and Unique we can play this week sometime

fivehorizons said:
I'll finish up with Strike tonight hopefully, I have been sick last few days and not up for any competition.

Then TSE and Unique we can play this week sometime
That's no problem. I'll probably be on after 8PM EST.

KC 1 - 2 NE
Shot 13 - 12
OT 4 - 5

87' Wolff
63' Ralston
79' Joseph

Had a non-existent penalty called against me. I think i was clearing the ball and must have tapped someone. Should have been a draw. I was hoping he felt the penalty was shit. Good game though, our last game he destroyed me. I had lots of chance but my strikers suck. Also 2 red cards for me :lol

Good game five. I still can't find a rhythm with NE. I feel as if I can't do anything right. Besides, my players don't lock onto headers or after goal kicks anymore. You should have beat me though I felt.

woodchuck

so TDG wanted to be removed from the league. i guess it would have been difficult to stay since he's banned. we're still waiting on the waitlisters.

if we don't hear back, we're just going to have to get subs (from the Western Conference) to play TDG's games

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
so TDG wanted to be removed from the league. i guess it would have been difficult to stay since he's banned. we're still waiting on the waitlisters.

if we don't hear back, we're just going to have to get subs (from the Western Conference) to play TDG's games

can he not use xbox live messages or something?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the thing is when you're banned you can't even check the the Online forum, so he couldn't even see the thread.

Top Bottom