• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Magicked

Jesus Shoes said:
Who wants to play me tonight just for fun.

I suck at FIFA. Really need to start playing it more often.

I'm not sure when I'll be on tonight, but if you see me, send me an invite. GT: magicked.

k0ji-wd

Chicago Fire (tse88) 1 vs. DC United (sneaky77) 0

Shots: 8-0
Shots On Target: 4-0

Goalscorers
Chicago Fire
C. Carr (23)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
Yo, are you gonna be online anytime in the next 2 hours?

dude I'll be on pretty much all day today and tomorrow since I'm watching the ncaa tournament. Just message me on live and we'll get er done...you're home so send the invite.

--at work now should be on around 5 eastern, all day tomorrow for sure though.

Tf53

Me and CG tried to play our game, but the EA servers seem to be down. We'll try again later on or tomorrow. Hopefully they'll fix their shit soon enough.

woodchuck

everything should be updated so far.

remaining games this week:

Houston vs RSL
DC vs NE Revolution
Houston vs Chivas
Columbus vs Kansas City

due to the EA servers fucking up, i'll cut you guys a little slack

Magicked

GG tf53. I got kinda lucky on a couple keeper deflections that allowed me to score off easy tap-ins.

Your second goal was hysterical (and ridiculous)! Scored from midfield and my keeper wasn't even out! :lol :lol

Tf53

Houston - Chivas 1-0
S: 11 - 6
OG: 5 - 6

65' Ching

Houston - RSL 2-4
S: 6 - 13
OG: 2 - 8

41' 0-1 Movsisyan
56' 0-2 Movsisyan
72' 0-3 Mathis
86' 1-3 Kamara
90' 2-3 Clark (from the halfway line \o/)
90' 2-4 Movsisyan

woodchuck

Magicked said:
GG tf53. I got kinda lucky on a couple keeper deflections that allowed me to score off easy tap-ins.

Your second goal was hysterical (and ridiculous)! Scored from midfield and my keeper wasn't even out! :lol :lol

haha, was that like the cooper goal last night

grkazan12

Columbus Crew(2) vs. Kansas City Wizards(0)
Score: 2-0

Team Stats:Columbus Crew
Shots-7
Shots on Goal-5

Player Stats:
Goal Scorers-B.Carroll,G. Barros Schelotto

Team Stats:Kansas City Wizards
Shots-8
Shots on Goal-6

Good game fivehorizons and I know Kansas City Wizards aren't the best team but you played a great game.

woodchuck

everything updated.

Last week of the regular season!
10q9n3p.jpg

It looks like all the playoff teams have been finalized. Now, it comes down to the seedings.

WC Match of the Week: Chivas USA vs FC Dallas. Veteran managers ChrisGoldstein and woodchuck face off in a fight for playoff positioning. The loser will undoubtedly get the 4th seed and have to battle top seed LA Galaxy in the 1st round.

EC Match of the Week: New York Redbulls vs Columbus Crew. 2 points separate the teams. Can manager Astrolad overcome both his wife as well as new manager, grkazan, to retain the top spot?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
whoo playoffs coming up already! one thing about having a smaller league is that damn all the teams in the playoffs are too good

Tf53

Cornballer and Daigoro, I have a deadline on Thursday, and I'm out of town on Sat (returning on Sunday). In addition to that, I have to help my in-laws move (closer to us as well, eek :p). So I'm kinda packed. I'll try to find some time to play the matches, so let me know when is a good time for you.

I would hope its not another MLS league unless I get a better pick. Problem last time was I just casually saw the posting for the league. I was late and my pick was a shitty team. Im not the best player but Picasso couldn't paint with POOP either. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm thinking Premiership or something actually. And we give out order of picks based on prior participation and finishing (i.e., the better participation and the lower finishes the higher your pick).

AstroLad said:
I'm thinking Premiership or something actually. And we give out order of picks based on prior participation and finishing (i.e., the better participation and the lower finishes the higher your pick).

I finish low and wait til the last minute to finish my games. I should have an all-star team. :lol

I'm excited about a new league, I don't know any of the MLS players so i cant judge the quality.

Tf53 said:
Cornballer and Daigoro, I have a deadline on Thursday, and I'm out of town on Sat (returning on Sunday). In addition to that, I have to help my in-laws move (closer to us as well, eek :p). So I'm kinda packed. I'll try to find some time to play the matches, so let me know when is a good time for you.
Tuesday or Wednesday evening would be best for me. What time zone are you in? Later in the week is fine, too. I'm pretty flexible except for tonight.

Magicked, lemme know when you want to do our exhibition match.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Tuesday or Wednesday evening would be best for me. What time zone are you in? Later in the week is fine, too. I'm pretty flexible except for tonight.

Magicked, lemme know when you want to do our exhibition match.

I'm good any night this week. Do you want to do tomorrow night? You're on Pacific time, so we good do 9:00 EDT or later if you'd like.

Also, N.A., we can try to play our match sometime as soon as I get home from work if you are available (around 10 PM GMT). Otherwise, we can just do Saturday or something like last time.

The Premier League would be a lot of fun for the next one. When do you think we'd start it? I'll be out of town from April 5th to the 17th, so hopefully I can get in. Also, hopefully we can go quickly on the playoff games next week, otherwise someone may have to sub for me for the rest (that is, if I win).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah just push push push on getting your playoff games set up and maybe we can get it done fairly quickly. We're only talking seven matchups total.

Next league I dunno probably do sign-ups early April start mid-April or something.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Yeah just push push push on getting your playoff games set up and maybe we can get it done fairly quickly. We're only talking seven matchups total.

Next league I dunno probably do sign-ups early April start mid-April or something.

Cool. If we are going to pick teams based off rank of this season, I can always hope to catch the sign up thread and then pick my team in order. I'll be out of the country, but I should still have internet access.

N.A

Banned
Magicked said:
Also, N.A., we can try to play our match sometime as soon as I get home from work if you are available (around 10 PM GMT). Otherwise, we can just do Saturday or something like last time.

I'll try to be on tonight, can't guarantee it though.

sneaky77

I think if we do another league, we should just restrict it to 3 or 3.5 star teams, and everyone can pick their own team. Is better than having a league like the premiership where the ratings can be such a big difference

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's what we did with this league though. All the teams are basically within a half-star of each other. Plus it's just more fun for people to play with people/teams they know and with players that have more skill

The point with basing pick order on performance in large part is so that it all evens out. I mean if you think that having a five-star team makes such a huge difference just look at what happened in the last league. The only imbalance that will exist imo will be that there are 2-3 players that are just clearly better than everyone else, and they'll win regardless of which team they get.

woodchuck

i won't be able to participate in the 3rd season so it's up to astrolad to get you guys to play your games!

and i kind of agree with sneaky. i think you guys should have a league that excludes 5 star teams. that way theres more variety.

or you guys could try a world cup tournament.

then again, in other GAF leagues, they have it so the worst team in the previous season gets first pick. and the best team in the previous season gets last pick. like astrolad said, that can even the playing field.

N.A

Banned
I'd be happy with Premier League if the top 4 were banned, that leaves 16 teams which should be pretty easy to fill judging by the current wait list.

Magicked

N.A said:
I'll try to be on tonight, can't guarantee it though.

Okay sounds good. If not, no worries.

Also, why don't we just do another league where we can pick any team. There are a lot of 4-5 star teams out there to choose from. I still like the idea of selection order. Of course, I'm doing pretty well in this league, so I would be. :lol

Top Bottom