• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
this is tdg's decision not mine. of course i'd rather no one left and everyone could be like frenck who played a whole season banned but welcome to gaf leagues

Fifty

TDG stands for The Dumb Gamer

He can't read this. So it feels even more satisfying to insult him. I wonder what he got banned for. Probably something childish, like arguing that Killzone 2 is better than Halo 3. Which would be totally stupid, because everyone knows that's total bullshit and Halo 3 is way better.

How can people THROW AWAY the chance to participate in this league, when the Godfather of GAF leagues is forced to resign due to EA's servers fucking with him (btw, I'm talking about me)

N.A

Banned
Sorry Astro, I really didn't deserve to win that last game :lol . I can't believe some of the bad luck you had.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
N.A said:
Sorry Astro, I really didn't deserve to win that last game :lol . I can't believe some of the bad luck you had.
:lol ggs man it was fun. That was my punishment for going slide-tackle crazy in the first game. I like getting my crossbars and crazy missed shots out of the way in non-league games I suppose.

TDG stands for The Dumb Gamer
Totally nailed it. This goes along with The Derelict Gamer, and we all know who that is.

N.A

Banned
AstroLad said:
:lol ggs man it was fun. That was my punishment for going slide-tackle crazy in the first game. I like getting my crossbars and crazy missed shots out of the way in non-league games I suppose.

The worst one was when you hit the crossbar then the rebound hit the keepers back and just slowly rolled away :lol .

Is anyone buying FIFA Ultimate Team on the 19th?

There's a video of it on gamespot: http://uk.gamespot.com/video/6206120 (skip to around 9:40).

I'll probably get it as I find it hard to play against randoms without some reward and this should fix that.

woodchuck

to catch up to speed, read the OP closely to see how we do things. especially with how to record scores and the controller settings

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
haha gg man i have to apologize for playing like shit in the first half my wife just got home and we had some things to talk about so i was just doing god knows what out there on the pitch (yikes)

ending was super exciting though!

grkazan12

Columbus Crew(2) vs. New York Red Bulls(1)
Score: 2-1

Team Stats:Columbus Crew
Shots-8
Shots on Goal-4

Player Stats:
Goal scorers-A.Moreno

Team Stats:New York Red Bulls
Shots-10
Shots on Goal-5

Player Stats:
Goal scorers-J.Angel

Yeah good game AstroLad it was really fun man, but yeah I have to admit it got very exciting towards the end and we would have went into OT if you made that last shot.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
haha gg man i have to apologize for playing like shit in the first half my wife just got home and we had some things to talk about so i was just doing god knows what out there on the pitch (yikes)

ending was super exciting though!

"astro, honey, what type of curtains do you want for the new guest bedroom? Ruffled or tailored?"

"i'm fine with whatever you want. i'm kind of busy".

"how about laced? martha, the sweet old lady in B210, has these pretty little laced curtains. i'll ask her where she bought them."

"ok. pick whatever you like. i'm fine with any type of cur....FUCK NOW I'M DOWN 1-0. LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO BITCH. NOW GO TO THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH."

"don't talk to me like that. i'm going to my sister's. you've changed. you're not the man i married 5 years ago"

"you're right about that. five years ago, i wouldn't be down 1-0 to this grkazan fucker".

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hm what happened to shinobi that dude is like a secret agent or some shit. come back from the ukraine so we can play our game shinobi

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
hm what happened to shinobi that dude is like a secret agent or some shit. come back from the ukraine so we can play our game shinobi

he is ninja!!

shinobi-iii-wii-vc.jpg

woodchuck

good game NA. crossbar saved me couple times. we had lot of chances but either the post or the goalie denied both of us. pretty entertaining nil-nil draw

FC Dallas 0 - 0 LA Galaxy

Shots: 14 (6) - 14 (10)

man, gordon and buddle are tough to handle. and i dont know if my midfield is short or what, but you were outmuscling me on pretty much every ball in the air.

N.A

Banned
I should have scored in the last minute of extra time, 6 yards out, whole goal to aim at and I hit it straight at the keeper. Great game though, end to end stuff. I believe you're the first person this season to have kept a clean sheet against me.

man, gordon and buddle are tough to handle. and i dont know if my midfield is short or what, but you were outmuscling me on pretty much every ball in the air.

Yes, they're very strong. It's great for me when I'm under pressure, I can just clear the ball up front and 4/5 of the time I'll keep possession.

Magicked

woodchuck said:

That's the exact same problem I had with them as well. Strong mofos.

woodchuck

N.A said:
I should have scored in the last minute of extra time, 6 yards out, whole goal to aim at and I hit it straight at the keeper. Great game though, end to end stuff. I believe you're the first person this season to have kept a clean sheet against me.

Yes, they're very strong. It's great for me when I'm under pressure, I can just clear the ball up front and 4/5 of the time I'll keep possession.

i'll be rooting for you when you face Chivas. i don't want the 4th seed and have to face you in the 1st round

AndresON777

shooting blanks
N.A. guess we can play on sunday again? That good for you? Where is ts53, sorry man your name is complicated to me so I mess it up a lot lol

Daigoro

GG Magicked.

i just ordered my season tickets a moment ago, the MLS season starts tonight! life is good. :D

Colorado 0 (5 shots/2 on) - RSL 3 (11 shots/7 on)

Mathis 1
W Joshnson 2

sneaky77

how do some of you guys get your guys to make so many runs forward? even setting the arrows forward I still cannot quite get the runs to be there

Magicked

Daigoro said:
GG Magicked.

i just ordered my season tickets a moment ago, the MLS season starts tonight! life is good. :D

Colorado 0 (5 shots/2 on) - RSL 3 (11 shots/7 on)

Mathis 1
W Joshnson 2

I know, I can't wait!

I think the guy who scored two goals for me was 'Johnson'.

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
how do some of you guys get your guys to make so many runs forward? even setting the arrows forward I still cannot quite get the runs to be there

it's all in the custom tactics. risky passing + increasing speed will generally make more players run forward but also makes your defense vulnerable. also i think putting shooting on "normal" or "little" will cause players to run more towards the goal to get closer to shoot

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sooo this fifa ultimate team mode that came out today is pretty damn fun. now if only the fucking ea servers would work (and on one of my few days off too gar!)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:
sooo this fifa ultimate team mode that came out today is pretty damn fun. now if only the fucking ea servers would work (and on one of my few days off too gar!)

what is that dude my connection is such shit I can't see anything on marketplace.

Is it like a new 5 star team or something that you can use online?

I remember they had unlockable teams like that in fifa a few years ago.

Magicked

AstroLad said:

I forgot that came out today. How much is it?

Tf53

ChrisGoldstein said:
thanks looks kind of cool, but may be too complicated for me lol. I'll prolly buy it anyway at some point though.
Yo, are you gonna be online anytime in the next 2 hours?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
Yo, are you gonna be online anytime in the next 2 hours?

nah dude I'm at work until 9 eastern. I should be on late tonight or tomorrow pretty much all day...same for saturday and sunday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
man shinobi gg thought you were gonna score early there a few times even had to change my tactics b/c i didn't like what i was seeing out there. angel was just on fire otherwise would have been very close

k0ji-wd

fivehorizons said:
grkazan12 we can play our game today or tomorrow. Just let me know and I also need to play our Aussie friend.

man you should've played me the other night, I was on quite a shit run of losses in ranked games :D

and people, buy this Ultimate Team DLC!

k0ji-wd said:
man you should've played me the other night, I was on quite a shit run of losses in ranked games :D

and people, buy this Ultimate Team DLC!

I bought it and its a great idea. I just need to keep getting cards and making my team better.

So its the top 3 in each division that get to playoffs? If i win out I can make it. I'm giving money to throw the games if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom