• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Does he have the cajones for it? I don't know.

ron1_270x475_766894a.jpg

He's not sure either.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
:lol

for international teams, you can only add players from that country.

for club teams, you can add anybody to your squad.
oh HELL YES.

Dane?
et7k0h.jpg

Sorry, we're putting in Messi at LW.
24q5qoh.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright well I won't rush home since I haven't heard from you tse, but if you are around between 9 and and 2 pm your time i should be available to play (earlier the better).

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
Alright well I won't rush home since I haven't heard from you tse, but if you are around between 9 and and 2 pm your time i should be available to play (earlier the better).

just got up, so. . .i should be around for a few take your time

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah perfect hope to be home by 9 but I should definitely be home by 10. I'll post if anything changes.

fyi i think it's easier if one team just posts all the results so since i'm home for the first game i'll do that

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
whoo never a dull moment. gave up what is now a guaranteed super-late equalizer in game 2. went down 2-0 in game 3 and then the lag in that second half of game 3 was rough so i take no responsibility for the own goal and the inability to do anything on offense :lol. the first two games were epic though even with my patented ability to fail to seal the deal (posts!)

Game 1
NYRB 2 CHI 2
Shots: 8-3
SOG: 6-2
Carr 14', 43'
Angel 78' Oduro 80'

Game 2
CHI 1 NYRB 1
Shots: 6-8
SOG 4-2
Angel 74'
Blanco 81'

Game 3
NYRB 0 CHI 4
Shots: 5-12
SOG: 1-8
Papp 8' Mapp 27' Boyens 67' (OGLOL) Rolfe 74'

Have fun in the final dudes.

k0ji-wd

I think those 3 games can be summed up by the message i sent Astro after the second game; 'I'm gonna have a heart attack.'

Angel thought he'd taken NY into the final. . .
15q8zgg.jpg

But Blanco had other ideas!
2rz8a5x.jpg

And finally an unlikely hero, Justin Mapp!
2ivl9br.jpg

Great, great games Astro!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
I think those 3 games can be summed up by the message i sent Astro after the second game; 'I'm gonna have a heart attack.

:lol yeah the third game was a bit of a stinker (at least on my end, even apart from the second-half lag I just wasn't feeling it--I blame my wife again! She came home right after game 2 and distracted me!) but the others were so great. When you went up 2-0 in the first I thought my prediction would come true of losing by 15 after the exciting games with strike yesterday, but that angel fk was just such an awesome game changer and after that through the end of game 2 was just nonstop action.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daigoro said:
whoo! im #1 im #1!!!! :lol

ill probably pick Argentina, but im not sure yet. ill get back to everyone on that soon. i need all the help i can get!

*and hey! RBNY beating the Revs in the playoffs?! unpossible! i refuse to believe.
Go for Spain. Argentina seriously isn't that great in this game imo (usually my favorite team).

I had some spare time tonight. These are all of the 4 star and better international teams.
Code:
Team		OFF	MID	DEF
Argentina	84	83	81
Brazil		82	83	82
Cameroon	77	74	68
Croatia		79	76	76
Czech Rep	77	74	77
Denmark		75	75	75
England		82	83	83
France		83	82	83
Germany		82	81	82
Greece		77	75	77
Italy		84	82	83
Mexico		77	77	78
Netherlands	83	81	80
Norway		75	73	76
Paraguay	79	73	75
Portugal	83	80	81
Ireland		78	73	75
Romania		75	76	73
Russia		79	76	76
Scotland	73	76	72
Spain		86	85	83
Sweden		80	75	75
Switzerland	76	76	74
Turkey		78	77	75
Uruguay		77	75	76

I'm ready to pick as soon as Daigoro decides.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
argentina's offense is insanely shitty in the game. funny you mentioned that b/c i basically feel like i have to play like italy when i use them. i'm sure part of that rating has to do with tevez being on the bunch though. it IS better when you put him in.

They make some screwy decisions with the international lineups. Brazil has some dude I've never heard of at d-mid and I had to put Alves into the lineup because apparently he's not good enough to start.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
argentina's offense is insanely shitty in the game. funny you mentioned that b/c i basically feel like i have to play like italy when i use them. i'm sure part of that rating has to do with tevez being on the bunch though. it IS better when you put him in.

yeah, that's surprising to hear. because individually on their club teams, messi/aguero/tevez are ridiculous.

i think italy's offense is just way overrated because of toni and del piero. or maybe it's because their tactics in real life are terrible because their players are good for their clubs

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
how many intl teams are in this game anyway? b/c it feels like less than are in freaking euro. no trinidad very few middle eastern teams etc. pretty paltry

AstroLad said:
how many intl teams are in this game anyway? b/c it feels like less than are in freaking euro. no trinidad very few middle eastern teams etc. pretty paltry
There aren't a lot. It didn't take me long to go through them and type that up.

woodchuck

they removed a lot of teams from euro and fifa 08. i recall nigeria and ivory coast being in fifa 08. i think they want people to buy Fifa 10 RTWC :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wait that's every team? holy shit. yeaah you're probably right woodchuck. wack. hard to complain with all the clubs provided i guess but come on that is sorry.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ah ok nm just saw that. someone will pick the usa i know it. tbh i have always felt like in this game it's not that bad playing with what should be very mismatched teams.

woodchuck said:
those are all the 4 star + teams.
Yup, I was bored but not that bored.
AstroLad said:
tbh i have always felt like in this game it's not that bad playing with what should be very mismatched teams.
Definitely. I have to change the way I play based on the team, but it's somewhat forgiving when it comes mismatches.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i mean shinobi doing great in the last league against the likes of manu barca chelsea and then not so hot in this all mls league with same exact team is probably the clearest evidence of that

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Go for Spain. Argentina seriously isn't that great in this game imo (usually my favorite team).

oh hush, I wanted spain although I would never get them at #4 being my home an all lol

Magicked

Too bad game 3 last night wasn't as close as the first two. Looks like it's time to do the final though! koji, can we play tonight at the same time you and Astro played yesterday? If not then, what about tomorrow morning (early for me, like 6 am EDT, which I believe is 6 PM for you) or tomorrow night?

We only have one game to play with potential OT and PKs, so hopefully we can squeeze it in before the weekend.

I'm a little worried about the lag, but hopefully it isn't too bad. BTW, who is home in the final game?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just need an ace up front. someone fast that can break away and keep the ball glued to his cleats.

fucking got magicked by real salt lake's back line.

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
I just need an ace up front. someone fast that can break away and keep the ball glued to his cleats.

fucking got magicked by real salt lake's back line.

Can't handle a real defense, can you? :lol

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
I hope you lose tonight

That horse shoe will finally slide out :lol

Last time I played k0ji, he destroyed me. Hopefully that is not the case this time. Of course, you'll still say that I'm just one lucky motherfucker. :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks

---I'm getting too old for fifa, my hands were hurting at the end in that game...more like my thumbs. The last 5 minutes of the game I grabbed my mic and threw it at the wall...

woodchuck

Magicked said:
Too bad game 3 last night wasn't as close as the first two. Looks like it's time to do the final though! koji, can we play tonight at the same time you and Astro played yesterday? If not then, what about tomorrow morning (early for me, like 6 am EDT, which I believe is 6 PM for you) or tomorrow night?

We only have one game to play with potential OT and PKs, so hopefully we can squeeze it in before the weekend.

I'm a little worried about the lag, but hopefully it isn't too bad. BTW, who is home in the final game?

I think home team would be you since you were the higher seed and had more points

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:

---I'm getting too old for fifa, my hands were hurting at the end in that game...more like my thumbs. The last 5 minutes of the game I grabbed my mic and threw it at the wall...

:lol :lol

I could tell. Plus, you just quit straight away when it was over. :lol

woodchuck said:
I think home team would be you since you were the higher seed and had more points

Okay, sounds good.

woodchuck

i should be given an honorary medal or something for even making the playoffs and barely losing to magicked. irl, fc dallas suuuuucks

AndresON777

shooting blanks
yeah real is like 2.5 stars I believe. His offside trap killed my shit, I swear it glitched a couple of times when I wasnt off side though.

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
yeah real is like 2.5 stars I believe. His offside trap killed my shit, I swear it glitched a couple of times when I wasnt off side though.

:lol :lol Likely excuse. I had to though. Your strikers and wingers were fast little bitches.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah Galindo is pretty good, nothing compared to a real player like dinho or messi.

I hope dinho comes with milan in july of this year, tickets are kind of expensive but I want to go with my uncle.

I'd die for a picture of me and dinho

/man love

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
Yeah Galindo is pretty good, nothing compared to a real player like dinho or messi.

I hope dinho comes with milan in july of this year, tickets are kind of expensive but I want to go with my uncle.

I'd die for a picture of me and dinho

/man love

I'm with you there. Damn, I wish they would play these matches close to Ohio... :( I guess Baltimore isn't too bad, but I don't have any vacation left for this year.

Top Bottom