• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

woodchuck

well, i'm out. unfuckingbelievable. the fifa gods didn't want me to win.

good games magicked. good luck in the next round.

they were two amazing games for sure.

Serioux has got to be the slowest right back in MLS. most of your attacks seemed to come against him. every cross into my box was an adventure for my defense :lol . i lost count of how many headed goals you scored. that last header was crazy where it floated over my keeper.

Magicked

Definitely needed a spectator mode on that second one. Hooooooly shit! What a match!

I played defensively and down the wings since I knew woodchuck would be coming at me, but I didn't expect it to turn into a shootout! I did pretty well on attack, but woodchuck hit the bar several times which kept me in the game. He had a missed PK with Cooper that went off the crossbar (I guessed the right way, but probably wouldn't have saved it). Also, near the very end, he hit the left post and it bounced directly in front of goal while bending towards the line. It ended up going out of bounds on the opposite post. Sooooo close!

GG woodchuck! This is how the playoffs should be! :lol

RSL 3 - 3 FCD

Goals RSL:
Movsisyan
Mathis
Morales

Goals FCD:
Van Den Berg
Cooper - 2

(BTW, Wingert scored in the first one)

Magicked

woodchuck said:
well, i'm out. unfuckingbelievable. the fifa gods didn't want me to win.

good games magicked. good luck in the next round.

they were two amazing games for sure.

Serioux has got to be the slowest right back in MLS. most of your attacks seemed to come against him. every cross into my box was an adventure for my defense :lol . i lost count of how many headed goals you scored. that last header was crazy where it floated over my keeper.

Yea, I kept pumping them in the box on counter attacks and it worked out. I even unlocked the diving header achievement in that match! I have never been able to get that one! :lol

woodchuck

yeah man. intense stuff. terrific match.

when i went to the fc dallas match last saturday, i noticed that chicago dominated (mcbride lol) the dallas defense in the air. that was my undoing. i couldnt defend your crosses at all. i

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
MAN DOWN!
2508514575_9531a75f76_o.jpg

That is no way to thank someone who has done a ton of work for this league, magicked. I woulda lost to you woodchuck.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
MAN DOWN!
2508514575_9531a75f76_o.jpg

That is no way to thank someone who has done a ton of work for this league, magicked. I woulda lost to you woodchuck.

:lol

good luck to everyone still left. as you go to bed tonight, may the fallen champ still be in your thoughts

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I dunno man there may still be like three teams we need woodchuck to fill in for. LOL

although if he takes over for columbus we might never see him again so i dunno if that's such a good idea

Magicked

You never give me enough credit. :(

Haha, I played pretty well, but I did get lucky too. Woodchuck is very good at cutting open my defense. :lol

Tf53 said:
I'll be helping the in-laws move tomorrow morning and will be heading to work out after that. I expect to be home at around 5pm GMT+2. If that's too early, I'll be home until 7pm, and then again after 9.30pm. Let me know what suits you the best. The same goes for Cornballer.

I'll be out of town on Sat, returning probably Sunday evening, so after that is good as well.
Friday is no good for me - work all day and I'm out tonight. I guess we can try and do it on Sunday sometime.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
so are we gonna be able to get the eastern conference playoffs going this weekend or what?

if you are trying to get a hold of someone and can't let me know and i will boot them and just give the spot to one of the teams that didn't make it

grkazan12

Columbus Crew(5)-Chicago Fire(1)
Score: 5-1

Shots:Columbus-8 Chicago-12
Shots On Target:Columbus-7 Chicago-6

Goal Scorers:
Columbus-R.Rogers,B.Evans(2),A. Moreno,G. Barros Schelotto
Chicago-C.Carr

k0ji-wd

grkazan12 said:
Columbus Crew(5)-Chicago Fire(1)
Score: 5-1

Shots:Columbus-8 Chicago-12
Shots On Target:Columbus-7 Chicago-6

Goal Scorers:
Columbus-R.Rogers,B.Evans(2),A. Moreno,G. Barros Schelotto
Chicago-C.Carr

i think the score was 7-4 dude, 2nd half after the D/C was Extra Time since we were 4-4 after the first 90 minutes

just confusing since we d/c 2 times AND I DO NOT WANT TO RUIN MY AMAZING GOAL DIFFERENCE! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck is gonna update later, but the ec playoffs are set

#1 Columbus vs. #4 Chicago
#2 New York vs. #3 New England

N.A

Banned
I'm pretty nervous about tonight's games. :lol

I don't think I've beat Chivas in any of the matches we've played.

On the bright side look what arrived this morning:

mmy92p.jpg

You know you want it Astro :D .

k0ji-wd

MLS Eastern Conference Quater Finals First Leg

Chicago Fire (tse88) 2 vs. Columbus Crew (Grkazan) 3

Goalscorers

Chicago Fire
R. Jata
C. Carr

Columbus Crew
A. Moreno
G. Barros Schoelotto

MLS Eastern Conference Quater Finals Second Leg

Columbus Crew (Grkazan) 1 vs. Chicago Fire (tse88) 4

Goalscorers

Chicago Fire
J. Rolfes
C. Carr x3

Columbus Crew
R. Rogers

HOLY FUCK, i dunno if i can speak for Grkazan but those were 2 goddamn nail biting awesome as fuck playoff games. . .I had gotten beat pretty nasty in our regular season league match and there was no match in Chicago's squad for the Crew's fast paced players so i went into the first leg with my defenders sat back and an extra midfield player, slotting in McBride as the striker. . .BIG MISTAKE as Columbus took a pretty comprehensive 3-0 lead extremely easily, and my 360 seemingly wanted to fuck me over as well giving me random reconnect controller messages every once in a while. . .

i switched over to 3-4-3 and took McBride off, and got 2 back and lost the first leg 3-2.

The second leg I went in guns blazing with a 4-4-2 formation and quickly leveled things with a goal, so 3-3. . .then conceded a shitty goal 4-3 overall. . .i scored a great volley to level it up again, and then scored on the break with 'THE MAN' Calen Carr and at this point i have to admit that I switched to a 4-5-1 because i was expecting to be caught on the wings at any second. . . but was lucky enough to then seal the game with a lucky goal from Carr again (of which I fist pumped the shit out of the air as my gf watched on in bewilderment). . .then XBL d/c. . .and we finished playing the final 15. . .the end.

260616h.jpg

Magicked

Yea, great write up! Sounds like another intense match.

I need to work out switching formations as the game changes. Sounds like that helped you a lot.

N.A

Banned
LA Galaxy 0 - 6 chivas

Shots 10 - 14
On Target 5 - 9
Scorers:
Galindo x3
Kljestan
Razov
Suarez

Next one was even worse...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
chivas 10
galaxy 1

shots 18
shots 7

sog 14
sog 3

galindo 6
kljestan 2
mendoza 1

buddle

forgot one goal scorer my bad

for previous match it was:

galindo 3
kljestan 1
suarez 1
razov 1

ggs sorry i'm a douche

woodchuck

wtf....holy shit

was chris a little buzzed when you guys played (but not drunk enough to not be able to play)?

and great writeup tse. sounded intense. so far the playoffs have been great from a neutral point of view

N.A

Banned
You deserved to win no question, I can't believe my luck in the first game though.

At 2-0 i should have got back into the game, I squared it back to Buddle 6 yards out, whole goal to aim at, timed the shot right and it hits his shin and bobbles to the keeper. You then throw it out, run straight through 4 defenders (wtf?) and score from the edge of the 18-yard box.

I had no luck at all. I lost count of the amount of times I passed the ball and my players either stood still or the ball hit them and bounced to you.

In the second half I tried to push up but that cost me 3 goals, by that point the tie was over.

In the second leg I went 3-4-3 but had no real chance of getting anywhere close. Once one of my defenders got a red card that was it. My all out attack style finally got me a goal in 89th minute and I thought I would have the last say, but then you ran straight through again from the kickoff.

Probably 2 of the worst games I've played on FIFA, thank god I never have to play as Galaxy again.

woodchuck

so astro and i have been discussing like a quick two-week World Cup starting almost immediately (1 or 2 days) after the end of this season.

The format we're thinking of is:

16 teams
4 groups of 4 - 3 games. about 10 days to complete.
top 2 teams from group advance to knockout stage - 7 - 10 days to complete.

everyone who's in the mls league now gets first priority. we'll discuss how we're selecting teams once we know who is going to play.

we're then going to go to the waitlist and then gaming-forum sign-ups for any unfilled spots.

of course, please only join if you know for sure you have the time to play

just so it's easier on us...if you want to play just quote this list and add yourself to the bottom.

1. woodchuck
2. astrolad

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
let's do this today strike. i should be around until about 6 eastern. if you can't do it today i'm probably gonna be home after 10 pm est during the week

Tf53

woodchuck said:
1. woodchuck
2. astrolad
3. N.A.
4. k0ji-wd
5. Tf53

I'll have time whenever it's not deadline time. And hopefully around deadline time as well. And if all goes well, I might not have any more deadlines (fingers crossed)...

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
Ill take Argentina.

Magicked where you at

I have a bunch of shit to do today. Do you want to play our matches later tonight. Probably like 8 or 9?

And I won't be able to commit to 2 weeks immediately, because I'll be out of town during that time. However, that would be perfect if we start another league afterwards when I return.

woodchuck

1. woodchuck
2. astrolad
3. N.A.
4. k0ji-wd
5. Tf53
6. ChrisGoldstein

i wonder if someone chooses Holland, if they could add the Holland national team and play online. Offline, I replaced the fake team with the real team, but i haven't tried playing an unranked online match with them

Sorry my interent has been down due to a blizzard in KS. I didnt get my last games played.

I can do international tourney if you have room. Sorry.

woodchuck

yeah no problem about the blizzard.

chris, sneaky, fivehorizons. read the directions. quote the list and add yourself to the bottom!

Top Bottom