• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Damn, sorry to hear that five. Looks like I have to verse ATF now; PM me when you're down for the Australia v Sweden game man.

sneaky77

I only have grkazan left to play games with, and last I heard he had to buy a 360, so waiting to hear back from him.

woodchuck

`Moe Joe. said:
Damn, sorry to hear that five. Looks like I have to verse ATF now; PM me when you're down for the Australia v Sweden game man.

i found when i pm'd him, he replied pretty promptly. might be easier to just go ahead and pm him

Daigoro

yeah, im plugged directly in. my router is straight. the game just wont let us connect.

we can try a ranked match. we'll try again tonight.

sneaky77

Daigoro said:
yeah, im plugged directly in. my router is straight. the game just wont let us connect.

we can try a ranked match. we'll try again tonight.

like no matter who invites who? thats just weird

woodchuck

Q: Sometimes when I match up to someone ( In a head to head game type.. i.e. Quick ranked, unranked, FIWC, online league, Interactive league, etc ) the screen shows both sides as my favourite team, and I'm only able to change the team if I'm on the home side. Eventually, the session ends and I'm booted from the session. Why does this happen?
------------------

A: When you match up with someone through our centralized server, you then establish a direct peer to peer connection with your opponent. This p2p connection establishment process needs to navigate any firewalls, routers, and other network devices between you and the opponent. This process is difficult and is highly dependant on the type of routers used by both parties, and how they have configured their port forwarding and routers. The best solution to this problem is to make sure you have a UPnP capable/Xbox live compatible router, and that you open the right ports to your ps3 or xbox. I believe there is a sticky about how to do this properly. If not, I'll see if we can get one up.

Side note: You may have noticed that this is much more frequent in head to head matches than it is in online team play or clubs matches. This is because online team play and club matches connect to an EA hosted game server, and do not need any type of port demangling or other fancy process to establish a connection. ( Since the server is on a dedicated public internet ip address (no NAT) and the right ports are opened on the server side. )
------------------

Is this what's going on with daigoro/strike?

Not sure how to open the right ports to the xbox. but i found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2CbeG4alc

this might work too: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...x-360/360824-guide-connect-fifa-ps3-xbox.html

woodchuck said:
Is this what's going on with daigoro/strike?

Not sure how to open the right ports to the xbox. but i found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq2CbeG4alc

this might work too: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...x-360/360824-guide-connect-fifa-ps3-xbox.html
Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. I've had it happen with other random player but I open all my ports and am not using a firewall. I'll try some of those tips tomorrow to make sure I haven't missed a step. Thanks Chuck.

woodchuck

striKeVillain! said:
Yeah, that's exactly what's happening. I've had it happen with other random player but I open all my ports and am not using a firewall. I'll try some of those tips tomorrow to make sure I haven't missed a step. Thanks Chuck.

it could be on daigoro's end too

Exypher

Hey guys, I will be taking over France! I will PM the players in my group to schedule our games, hopefully we can play them soon.

woodchuck

Germany 2 - 1 France

Germany:

Ballack, Podolski

France:

Ribery

Both my goals were a result of Ballack smacking the ball. Ribery had a great goal too similar to the first one messi scored against Bayern.

Good game Exypher. I tried to survive the onslaught at the end. You almost scored in injury time

Exypher

France 1 - 0 Germany

France:

Henry

Great games woodchuck, this time it was me who had to survive an onslaught. Both games were really close so I think a win for us both was deserved in the end.

woodchuck

yeah, thank god i dont have to play france again. henry/Benzema/Ribery are a load to handle.

I need to figure out a way to get Ballack in the box more for those crosses. Podolski is a good target, but Ballack is a monster in the air. I think I'll shift Ballack's position closer to goal and adjust his work rate to be higher offensive.

god damn, i wish i could have saved that 1st goal. mandanda apparently had no idea that Ballack could shoot from distance:lol

Exypher

Yeah that first goal was sick. I thought my defender was in line of the shot but you hit it straight into the side of the net :lol

Wish I had a replay of my goal in the first game as well, although the actual finish wasn't very impressive (and a better goalie would've caught it I think). Can't even remember how I scored in the second game.

woodchuck

Exypher said:
Yeah that first goal was sick. I thought my defender was in line of the shot but you hit it straight into the side of the net :lol

Wish I had a replay of my goal in the first game as well, although the actual finish wasn't very impressive (and a better goalie would've caught it I think). Can't even remember how I scored in the second game.

first goal was pretty much like this http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2339139/. Henry (Eto'o) sucked my left back in leaving ribery wide open

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Exypher and myself struggled to get a good game going tonight; bits and pieces coupled with lag, glitches and germs fucked everything up and there was always some stupid error or freeze fucking us up and stopping the game.

I have to go away for 3 days and the deadline is the 16th so if by then we don't have a DECENT NON GLITCHED rematch I'll let him win both by forfeit as somebody has to go through to 1st/2nd.

I want to take a shit on EA.

Exypher

woodchuck said:
first goal was pretty much like this http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2339139/. Henry (Eto'o) sucked my left back in leaving ribery wide open

Yeah, I actually thought of that goal as I scored that one :D It's great that more recent FIFA games actually resemble football! They should allow you to save replays of goals in private sessions in my opinion, I understand it's not available in regular ranked matches though.

`Moe Joe. said:
Exypher and myself struggled to get a good game going tonight; bits and pieces coupled with lag, glitches and germs fucked everything up and there was always some stupid error or freeze fucking us up.

I have to go away for 3 days and the deadline is the 16th so if by then we don't have a DECENT rematch I'll let him win both by forfeit as somebody has to go through to 1st/2nd.

I want to take a shit on EA.

Really weird, in the first two matches the game froze up during a celebration scene and then in the third game Moe Joe wasn't able to move all of a sudden. There seemed to be a few seconds of delay between all of my actions as well, really annoying.

Hope we can get a decent rematch in soon Moe Joe, maybe the servers will act themselves out by the time you're back.

Tf53

England - Turkey 4-1
Since demirel quit after the match, I couldn't record the scorers, but I think it was Tuncay for him and Joe Cole 2, Rooney, Owen for me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Only one tie so far. I swear they crank up the offenses to max regardless of what your actual settings are in OT.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
Only one tie so far. I swear they crank up the offenses to max regardless of what your actual settings are in OT.

maybe we should have just had everyone stop after 90. but i was worried about confusion and people quitting early, etc

Damn it to hell.
Feral Youth Vs Tf53
Ireland 2 -1 England.

S. Reid W. Rooney
K. Doyle

And

Tf53 Vs Feral Youth
England 1 - 0 Ireland

W. Rooney

Good games Tf53.

But hell that second game was just pure evil.

woodchuck said:
maybe we should have just had everyone stop after 90. but i was worried about confusion and people quitting early, etc
I was wondering what the logic was behind the "play OT and it counts but pk's don't" rule.

Tf53

Feral Youth said:
Good games Tf53.

But hell that second game was just pure evil.
Haha, redemption for the two red cards! I can imagine how you felt with both the post and the offside goal. :D Karma is a bitch. Now I just have to beat N.A. once to be through. I suppose you'll go through on away goals if I just tie him once?

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
I was wondering what the logic was behind the "play OT and it counts but pk's don't" rule.

in the mls league we were recording shots and shots on goal so people needed more time to record the stats. playing through OT/PKs gets you to the stat screen.

If you record the stats after 90 and someone quits early, then you get disconnected. we were just trying to make it easier for people :(

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
Haha, redemption for the two red cards! I can imagine how you felt with both the post and the offside goal. :D Karma is a bitch. Now I just have to beat N.A. once to be through. I suppose you'll go through on away goals if I just tie him once?

we're not doing away goals and stuff for the group stage. they are separate games. it's based on goal differential. we're using the CL format for the group stages and knockout rounds

woodchuck said:
in the mls league we were recording shots and shots on goal so people needed more time to record the stats. playing through OT/PKs gets you to the stat screen.

If you record the stats after 90 and someone quits early, then you get disconnected. we were just trying to make it easier for people :(
No worries - I'm not complaining, just curious. It's screwed up that we can't just play a 90 minute match with no OT that goes straight to the stat screen. :/

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
I agree I think it's fine as is. Maybe one glorious day EA will let us choose whether we want OT or not (and maybe even what type of OT gasp).

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
No worries - I'm not complaining, just curious. It's screwed up that we can't just play a 90 minute match with no OT that goes straight to the stat screen. :/

in the first league, we used the in-game league to play the games (organized through leaguedaddy). we could end the games after 90 min through the in-game league. but that led to more headaches with increased amount of disconnections

and some people chose the wrong team in the in-game league :lol

Tf53 said:

Your tag suits you....bigtime.

Tactical red cards, tactical.

You can afford two ties, or just one win.

Not to sure on the away goals thingy to be honest, if it's goal difference then just one draw is enough for you.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
don't worry though i'm sure first person card-battle mode presented by lugz in fifa 10 will more than make up for the lack of basic online options.

Tf53

woodchuck said:
we're not doing away goals and stuff for the group stage. they are separate games. it's based on goal differential. we're using the CL format for the group stages and knockout rounds
Ok, so I need I tie and a loss of less than 7 to go through. Of course, a win would be easier. :)

woodchuck said:
in the first league, we used the in-game league to play the games (organized through leaguedaddy). we could end the games after 90 min through the in-game league. but that led to more headaches with increased amount of disconnections

and some people chose the wrong team in the in-game league :lol
Good grief. Is anyone interested in helping to write a list of demands suggestions for the next FIFA game? Not sure if they give a flying fuck, but having a well thought out writeup about "improvements that GAF would like" might be worth sending to them.
AstroLad said:
don't worry though i'm sure first person card-battle mode presented by lugz in fifa 10 will more than make up for the lack of basic online options.
:lol

woodchuck

AstroLad said:

and then they'll make you pay an extra $5 for insurance in case the game deletes all your cards

AndresON777

shooting blanks
AstroLad said:

I just signed back on. It was storming bad I thought I'd lose power. I pretty much live in a forest, Ill be up till 1 at least tho

Top Bottom