• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ah doesnt have to be tonight certainly. i'll be up for another 30 or so if you want to either way really

woodchuck

2 Germany - 1 Netherlands

goals:

ballack_0.jpg
ballack_0.jpg

and seedorf for the dutch

good games man. once again, height of Germany proved very useful. wish I could have saved a replay of that Ballack strike from 20 yds to open the scoring.

glad i didnt lose on the goal i gave up. i tackled your player but then my goalie tripped my guy giving the ball straight to seedorf :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll try to get my game done with strike villain tonight. He was on last night but in away status then signed out.

If not strike I'll be on tomorrow pretty much the whole day.

ChrisGoldstein said:
I'll try to get my game done with strike villain tonight. He was on last night but in away status then signed out.

If not strike I'll be on tomorrow pretty much the whole day.
Let's do that. Hopefully I can finally win a playoff game! :lol

woodchuck

gotta say, pretty surprised that russia went through. underestimated goldstein.

alright, i'll update everything later tonight

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:
gotta say, pretty surprised that russia went through. underestimated goldstein.

alright, i'll update everything later tonight

Had to play like sweden. He had at least twice as many shots on goal as me. Plus he hurt arshavin in the first game but pavlyuchenko is still pretty damn good.

But out of the frying pan into the friar. Gotta play exypher who has france lol

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
Had to play like sweden. He had at least twice as many shots on goal as me. Plus he hurt arshavin in the first game but pavlyuchenko is still pretty damn good.

But out of the frying pan into the friar. Gotta play exypher who has france lol

Your win seems to vaguely similar to a certain horseshoe and ass combination.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Your win seems to vaguely similar to a certain horseshoe and ass combination.

lol nah he didnt hit the post 20 times like I did against you. My goals were pure skill into the net, the tiger woods putting has helped my game. Also not some header that defied the laws of physics, or at least fifa 09 physics.

And dont remind me of that hideous free kick either

Plus I was actually sober yesterday....for a change

;)

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
lol nah he didnt hit the post 20 times like I did against you. My goals were pure skill into the net, the tiger woods putting has helped my game. Also not some header that defied the laws of physics, or at least fifa 09 physics.

And dont remind me of that hideous free kick either

Plus I was actually sober yesterday....for a change

;)

:lol :lol

You just can't accept my pure skill with free kicks, can you? Also, Manager Magicked has his players practice heading the ball with the back of the head. Obviously it paid off. :lol

I'm trying to track down koji so we can play the final for the MLS season. I need to practice a bit though first since I haven't played in a while. I'll probably try to get on tonight for a bit.

Magicked

woodchuck said:

Ah hah! There it is. I sent him one a couple days ago and figured he didn't see it, which is exactly what happened. :p

Soon enough we will finally know who is the champion of MLS! :D

Exypher

France 0 - 1 Russia

Mexes (Own Goal)

that goal was absolutely ridiculous :lol

good games Andres, Arshavin sure is something!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
My goalie was like Neo. Coulda been ALOT worse. Did have a chance to tie at the end but I choked. Dude's real good and france is nasty. Defenders are as fast as forwards.

fuck this draft shit :lol

Exypher

ChrisGoldstein said:
My goalie was like Neo. Coulda been ALOT worse. Did have a chance to tie at the end but I choked. Dude's real good and france is nasty. Defenders are as fast as forwards.

fuck this draft shit :lol

Sorry for logging off so quickly yesterday - it was 2AM where I live and I had to get up at 6:30AM for work :D

I think you're cutting yourself short, you had a lot of pressure on my goal (especially in the second game) and I was lucky you couldn't get a shot off a few times. If you had scored that last one I think it could've been a close third game.

And yeah, France is just really good. A lot of speedy players, which is really important because of the way FIFA '09 works (which I hope they fix in the next one). And Mexes is one hell of a header :D

Same final as in the first league woodchuck! Hope I don't get pummeled.

Exypher

ChrisGoldstein said:
Your anime avatar threw me off. I wasnt expecting such a fierce competitor.

:lol

I've never watched anime, that's Dragon Quest 8 :)

France 1 - 0 Germany

Ribery 1

Good game woodchuck, I had luck on my side. You had a lot of pressure in the second half but I managed to get out of it in the end.

France take home the world cup once again!

610x.jpg

Congrats fivehorizons :D

woodchuck

2weyng5.png

:(

good game exypher. your backline was too good. i hate evra so much! and i still don't know how Ribery of all people won that header for the goal :lol

Thanks everyone for participating. And playing all your games on time. Hope you guys had fun.

Well, I won't be able to play in the next league. So I hope it goes well and you guys don't make it difficult for Astrolad :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah france's back line is nasty. I would break away (even with arshavin) and they would catch me right before I got a shot off.

Must've been a hell of a game

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
He's just bullshitting. He said the same thing last time.

:lol

the reason I wanted to do a quick WC instead of full-blown league is because I'm going out of town next week for about a month - visiting Netherlands and then staying with family in India.

woodchuck

anyways...time for some awards:

311lxxk.jpg
_croncries.jpg

Ronaldo scored a ridiculous 17 goals in only 8 games. He wrecked havoc on Group A defenses. But was he the best player of the tournament?
HELL NO

29z7qjk.jpg
arshavin276.jpg

Andrei fucking Arshavin carried his team to the Semis. Unlike Ronaldo, Arshavin did not choke in the quarterfinals. He came through when it counted and thus, was the player of the tournament.

833100%5fmedium.jpg
mandanda-a-pousse-la-porte_actus.jpg

Who? Exactly

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:
definitely will hit up some coffee shops. not so sure about doing a line....

yeah I wouldn't recommend it lol

Arshavin is awesome. I hope they update his stats in '10 because he's much better in real life than in the game. They dont do him justice.

That one goal against liverpool (I think he made it with his left foot) was spectacular

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
yeah I wouldn't recommend it lol

Arshavin is awesome. I hope they update his stats in '10 because he's much better in real life than in the game. They dont do him justice.

That one goal against liverpool (I think he made it with his left foot) was spectacular

i think the one you're talking about was with his right foot. he made another great goal with his left foot.

Top Bottom