• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) World Cup Tournament Thread

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Don't get ATF wrong, he scored a 30 yarder and to tell you the truth I had ten men behind the ball winding the clock down so he's pretty good if he can utilize the space to create the goods.

Anyway Exypher and I can't play but as only two go through he should as in every game up until the freezing he has scored first and seemed to have had the better of me. When the points get tallied up I'll be happy to step down for him to continue with woodchuck.

woodchuck

don't sweat it ATF. i've lost to france online 8-0 before. the pace of Henry/Benzema/Ribery are ridiculous for any defense.

Thanks for participating though. Hope you had a good time even if the results didn't go your way.

Updated the OP with the standings and leaderboard. If your team name is in red, congrats, you've qualified for the knockout round.

Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Moe Joe said:
Anyway Exypher and I can't play but as only two go through he should as in every game up until the freezing he has scored first and seemed to have had the better of me. When the points get tallied up I'll be happy to step down for him to continue with woodchuck.

Are you sure? Did it matter who was hosting? Did you try changing the host? I don't want to just give Exypher the spot just like that!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Maybe you guys can just play X amount of minutes, disconn, and then try again until you reach 90. Annoying but it might work depending on how quickly you get disconned.

k0ji-wd

Mexico (tse88) 4 vs. 0 Brazil (Cornballer)

Goalscorers

P. Pardo
O. Bravo x3

the less said about our attempts to get this game played the better :lol

Yeah, that was pretty terrible. Managed to red ring one of my consoles in the process, too.

I'll take a forfeit on the second game in our series. The lag was unbearable in that last one. Thanks for your patience, and hopefully I'll get a chance to play you some time under better conditions. :(

woodchuck

thanks guys for trying though. appreciate the dedication!

but another rrod? maybe the fifa gods do not want us to do this league. hope your xbox is still under warranty.

but brazil losing to mexico 4-0? i'll chalk this loss up to you being sick. hope you get better. El Lokomotiv El Paso needs all its starters fit to have a chance to succeed.

and i guess you dont have to play the 2nd game anyway since the only way either Koji or Cornballer can advance is if Koji would beat Cornballer 8-0 or if Cornballer can beat Koji 6-0.

k0ji-wd

Cornballer said:
Yeah, that was pretty terrible. Managed to red ring one of my consoles in the process, too.

I'll take a forfeit on the second game in our series. The lag was unbearable in that last one. Thanks for your patience, and hopefully I'll get a chance to play you some time under better conditions. :(

so let's just say the second game was a 10-0 win to me and i'll advance through in place of Russia, thanks!

woodchuck said:
but another rrod? maybe the fifa gods do not want us to do this league. hope your xbox is still under warranty.
I'll have to try and start it up again to see what the deal is. It's one of the newer ones (thankfully under warranty) and I thought those weren't supposed to rrod as much. :/
k0ji-wd said:
so let's just say the second game was a 10-0 win to me and i'll advance through in place of Russia, thanks!
:lol

k0ji-wd

woodchuck said:
but brazil losing to mexico 4-0? i'll chalk this loss up to you being sick. hope you get better. El Lokomotiv El Paso needs all its starters fit to have a chance to succeed.

and i guess you dont have to play the 2nd game anyway since the only way either Koji or Cornballer can advance is if Koji would beat Cornballer 8-0 or if Cornballer can beat Koji 6-0.

did i lose all my street cred in this tournament :(

and can i transfer to Lokomotiv El Paso in the next transfer window?

woodchuck

k0ji-wd said:
did i lose all my street cred in this tournament :(

and can i transfer to Lokomotiv El Paso in the next transfer window?

i dont blame you man for not advancing. mexico is a piece of shit team.

im not in charge of lokomotiv. you'll have to talk to Astro about an invite.

Exypher

woodchuck said:
Are you sure? Did it matter who was hosting? Did you try changing the host? I don't want to just give Exypher the spot just like that!

Yeah we both tried hosting the game, tried different days too to see if it'd improve, but somehow it just keeps freezing on us. We even tried to play a friendly match yesterday with club teams and even that froze up on us, I think we may have played 7 or 8 games without being able to finish any of them.

Not sure what's causing this problem but it's really annoying.

AstroLad, a few days ago we got disconnected quite late in the game but the game was laggy as hell. Yesterday there was almost no lag, but we got disconnected after about 20-25 minutes of playing (except in the friendly match, there it only happened after 60 minutes or so).

It always happens after I score a goal, my screen goes black and Moe Joe's screen just shows my goal scorer standing still.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:

Lets do a 1 game playoff. Should be exciting. A chance to redeem yourself for the 8-1 in the last 2 games.

:D

woodchuck

Exypher said:
Yeah we both tried hosting the game, tried different days too to see if it'd improve, but somehow it just keeps freezing on us. We even tried to play a friendly match yesterday with club teams and even that froze up on us, I think we may have played 7 or 8 games without being able to finish any of them.

Not sure what's causing this problem but it's really annoying.

AstroLad, a few days ago we got disconnected quite late in the game but the game was laggy as hell. Yesterday there was almost no lag, but we got disconnected after about 20-25 minutes of playing (except in the friendly match, there it only happened after 60 minutes or so).

It always happens after I score a goal, my screen goes black and Moe Joe's screen just shows my goal scorer standing still.

that's really strange and really unlucky. well if moe joe concedes then i'll have you advancing. we can do a 1 game playoff to determine C1 or C2 if you want.

ATF487

Fifty said:
Cunts that propelled you to a 1-1 draw! YES! Tough love, baby..tough love!!

:lol

It was fun, woodchuck. I'm gonna read those guides and play some more online games, hopefully to be a real opponent in the next thing like this

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:
that shit was cold, son

lol this chick I used to know called me mr freeze

ATF487 said:
It was fun, woodchuck. I'm gonna read those guides and play some more online games, hopefully to be a real opponent in the next thing like this

We should play I usually make people better, even if it's at the expense of my own skill.

AstroLad said:
I blame Australia. For everything.
I'm ok with that. It was almost exactly as you described:
AstroLad said:
you were definitely on the best roll i have ever seen in turn-based soccer
Btw, I entered private chat with you last night to see if there's a lag solution, but my mic wasn't working that point. The sum total of my evening: 2 hours of FIFA, one lag-tastic match completed, one RROD, one broken controller mic input.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
I'm ok with that. It was almost exactly as you described:

Btw, I entered private chat with you last night to see if there's a lag solution, but my mic wasn't working that point. The sum total of my evening: 2 hours of FIFA, one lag-tastic match completed, one RROD, one broken controller mic input.
It's like we're living parallel FIFA lives, as I RROD'd right before my MLS playoff match with Strike.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I guess now we just gots to see if Croatia or Argentina gets in. I would actually watch those games provided I could get home in time. Damn you EA. Can you guys set up a livefeed on justin.tv or something?

Exypher

woodchuck said:
that's really strange and really unlucky. well if moe joe concedes then i'll have you advancing. we can do a 1 game playoff to determine C1 or C2 if you want.

Nah that's okay, you decide :)

Fifty

Sneaky, what time tonight can you play? I should be able to play from 10 PM eastern onwards. They're waiting for us..so we've got to get these suckers in.

sneaky77

Fifty said:
Sneaky, what time tonight can you play? I should be able to play from 10 PM eastern onwards. They're waiting for us..so we've got to get these suckers in.

That sounds good to me, I'll be on.

Fifty

omg

Croatia 3, Argentina 2

Croatia: Olic 18m, Eduardo 63m, 90m(!!!)

Argentina: Tevez 27m, Tevez 56m

All 3 of my goals were off of rebounds. Freaking ridiculous. We also each hit a post.

Fifty

1-1

Arg: Aguero 5m

Cro: Klasnic 47m

MVP: Eduardo
LVP: Abbondazzzanarrri

3 rebound goals in game 1, and one ridiculous short side goal in game 2. I guess he wasn't paying attention.

Fifty

God dammit. I'm sorry! reinvite and we can play 30 minutes to decide it. Your players are better, so getting them all fresh should be an advantage to you. I forgot that we were doing OT.

sneaky77

Fifty said:
1-1

Arg: Aguero 5m

Cro: Klasnic 47m

MVP: Eduardo
LVP: Abbondazzzanarrri

3 rebound goals in game 1, and one ridiculous short side goal in game 2. I guess he wasn't paying attention.

is not that weird short side goal that went in, is the 3 one on ones I missed lol

woodchuck

ill update everything and post the bracket later tonight.

looks like i have to play NA. shit!

everyone who didn't make the knockout rounds, hope you guys enjoyed the tournament.

man, sneaky thats a tough way to go out :(

woodchuck

28bqr7a.png

woodchuck

Playoff Rules
Round 1-2: Play home & away games. Lower seed is first home team. OT DOES NOT COUNT. Quit out after regulation if you are tied at the end of either of the first two games.

If aggregate score at end of both games (180m) is tied (THERE IS NO AWAY-GOALS TIEBREAKER, JUST GO BY RAW SCORE), play third game with higher seed hosting, in this game OT and PKs count.

Write down stats and goalscorers and post here as usual (home team writes down stats, so feasibly one person could have stats for two games to post).

Finals: One game, with OT and PKs, winner take all.

will be posted in the op

Tf53

woodchuck said:
i'll assume you'd beat australia twice. so you're C1.
Woodchuck scared to face me confirmed.

Okay, frenchies, remember what the brits did for you back in WWII.

Fifty

Astroglide, if I beat your Netherlands with Mighty Croatia, you must wear this Robert Kovac avatar for one week

image_kopf-1182526171.jpg

If you beat me, I will go with one of your choosing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn, he looks like the homeless man's CT.

Unfortunately I cannot agree, even conditionally, to besmirch my avatar in such a manner.

Top Bottom