• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 X360 - Europa League

Magicked

Sevilla 1 - 1 Bilbao

Shots: 4 - 6
SOT: 4 - 4

45' Kanoute - Sevilla
88' Llorente - Bilbao

:lol

My defense may have been good, but you snatched a late equalizer. Holy shit at my passing though. I just can't get it down.

Wait, I just realized my through passes were set to manual. I thought it was on assisted. No wonder I've been fucking it up so much! :lol

Lyon 3 - 1 Marseille
Shots 11-9
SOG 6-3

Goals
Diawara (og) 45'
Lopez 70'
Lopez 80'
Valbuena 90'

Good games, Astro. Was riding my luck in both of them - some crazy goals/deflections tonight.

sneaky77

Ath. Bilbao 1 Tottenham 0

shots: 3 11
OG 2 6

1-0 76' Llorente

I totally pulled this one out my ass, even if the spurs players got a foul every play somehow.. wimps! :D
I got a red card early on i thought I had the ball but oh well.

Hey NA, did you have it set to force controls in the first game? I ask cause I tried to check my controller settings and it wouldn't let me for some reason. Cause no matter how much power I put on my passes it wasnt going anywhere.. it was kinda weird.. but you whopped my ass anyway.

N.A

Banned
Tottenham 3 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
Shots: 8 - 1
On Target: 5 - 0
Scorers: Kranjcar, Jenas x2

Hey NA, did you have it set to force controls in the first game? I ask cause I tried to check my controller settings and it wouldn't let me for some reason. Cause no matter how much power I put on my passes it wasnt going anywhere.. it was kinda weird.. but you whopped my ass anyway.

No. Forced semi.

I can't believe that second match. I completely dominated but couldn't score then you just run straight up the field, one pass and a goal with basically your only decent chance of the match. *sigh*

woodchuck

i noticed my through ball was on "manual" just now. i wonder if it has to do with "Forcing Semi". NA was the last person I played, and I noticed that Magicked and Sneaky said the same thing after playing NA

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
i noticed my through ball was on "manual" just now. i wonder if it has to do with "Forcing Semi". NA was the last person I played, and I noticed that Magicked and Sneaky said the same thing after playing NA
yeah it does, noticed that too

woodchuck

good games astro. defensive struggle.

but i'll be the first to admit that goal at the end of the 2nd game was complete bullshit. i don't understand why the defenders don't just head the ball away immediately. why did he head it down. makes no sense. If only they would have taken Fifa 09 and added skilled dribbling annd 360 dribbling. I would have been happy.

not to mention you had just hit the post a minute earlier :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
good games astro. defensive struggle.

but i'll be the first to admit that goal at the end of the 2nd game was complete bullshit. i don't understand why the defenders don't just head the ball away immediately. why did he head it down. makes no sense. If only they would have taken Fifa 09 and added skilled dribbling annd 360 dribbling. I would have been happy.

not to mention you had just hit the post a minute earlier :lol
yeah actually all three goals were pretty janky. your first goal was a great shot, but it looked like he just straight pushed my guy over to get the ball. fouls are weird in this game as always. my equalizer was just a super generic cheapie goal (ball bounces around, gets stolen and restolen ten times in the box, my guy shoots it in).

funny too because we had lots of nice plays that added up to a grand total of zero of the three goals

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
yeah it does, noticed that too

I guess is because there is no semi option on thru balls.. which i don't understand why not lol

maybe the next tourney can be a world cup with all on manual everything.. that shouldmake for goodfun :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Villareal 2 Bordeaux 1

shots 10 3

sog 4 2

Rossi
Nilmar

Y. Gourcuff

ggs, I can tell you havnt been playing much. Good thing I had a lead once you got alll that passing shit going, lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
can't blame him I rather play for a contender too. Plus imagine the ass he gets over in italy, damn

btw that goal in the first game you made from way outside the box was total bs

looked nice though

woodchuck

good games andres. you totally dominated me. your pressure is pretty good, and i didn't do a good job of beating your offsides trap.

but fuck rossi. the shortest guy on your team outjumps my DM and makes a looping header. wtf :lol

Magicked

Sevilla 1 - 3 AM

Shots: 6 - 11
SOT: 2 - 7

11' Fabiano
45' Raul Garcia
70' Forlan
89' Aguero

GGs tf53. I played really well in the first game and my finishing was actually good for a change. The 2nd game could have been really high scoring had I actually finished the clear chances I had. My defense was shit though (obviously). I can't complain too much about the AI in this one. However, I want to know how much you paid to ref? I had two great counter-attacks going where one of your players fouled me as I passed it, but it didn't affect the play and the stupid ref called it back! I think in one instance I had 4 guys on 2! :lol

Both games were good though. :lol @ your 3 red cards in the first.

Tf53

Atletico Madrid - Sevilla 1 - 3

Shots 11 - 9
On goal 4 - 4

35' 1-0 Squillaci (OG)
41' 1-1 Luis Fabiano
45' 1-2 Kanouté
89' 1-3 Diego Capel

Magicked's first goal came from a bullshit free kick. Execution was perfect, though. Second one was a bullshit goal scored from a 2 degree angle basically through my keeper. At that point I'd lost the match.

Normally I wouldn't worry about it too much, but today has been absolutely horrible in regards to FIFA. Only had tight games and lost every fucking one of them.

Sevilla - Atletico Madrid 1 - 3

Shots: 6 - 11
On goal: 2 - 7

11' 1-0 Luis Fabiano
45' 1-1 Raul Garcia
70' 1-2 Forlan
89' 1-3 Aguero

The 1-2 goal was a bit bullshit. Forlan got the ball inside the penalty box, touched it away from goal and just turned and blasted it into the back corner. Once in a lifetime type of stuff.

Before that, I felt like I'd never get anything done. Goalposts, missed chances, everything seemed to go your way. Can't say that the second game wasn't entertaining, but I felt like shit all the way through it. Gaming can truly evoke feelings and emotions.

Tf53

Magicked said:
Both games were good though. :lol @ your 3 red cards in the first.

At that point I was fully ready to murder someone.

Just before our games, I'd played a ranked match online where I went 3-0 down in 30 mins. I got one goal just before halftime and pulled level at around 49 minutes. Then the other guy went 5-3 ahead, I got one back immediately afterwards and at the final minute my goalie had an empty net after a corner but couldn't finish. I was fuming before we even started playing our league games. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
N.A said:
Yes, I enjoyed them. Maybe I shouldn't have gone all out attack once your defender was sent off.

yo dude let me know when you can play today. I should be onilne all day.

got a damn cold I'm not going out. its 50 degrees here in georgia brrrr!

N.A

Banned
Tottenham 3 - 2 Villareal
Shots: 8 - 9
On Target: 6 - 6
Scorers: Kranjcar, Defoe x2 - Rossi x2

Villareal 1 - 2 Tottenham
Shots: 9 - 6
On Target: 5 - 4
Scorers: Pires - Defoe x2

Good games Andres. Both were very tight.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Villareal 1 Tottenham 2

Shots 9 (5) Shots 6 (4)

Defoe 2

Pires

ggs I just couldnt finish or catch Defoe

you got those free kicks down

fuck my first losses =(

woodchuck said:
broken promise :(
2dbnd3k.gif

AndresON777

shooting blanks
sneaky77 said:
Andres when is it good for you?

tonight should be swell I just got home.

---not really Tf got jobbed by N.A.'s forced semi controls yesterday.

LMAO

but srsly you got to put that shit on any and let the honor system reign. putting controls on forced semi also puts through passes and lobs on manual (since there's only auto or manual for those)

I actually put the 2nd game I hosted on forced semi too b/c I thought I would still win and then be able to talk shit. =(

he played very well though I'll give you that dude =)

great finishing on breakaways for sure

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Villareal 1 Atletico Bilbao 1

shots 6 shots 6

sog 3 sog 1

31' Llorente

90' Rossi

ggs man. we both missed a lot of chances on goal. I was rather lucky at the beginning of the first game in particular.

But I finally figured out how to do custom tactics. from the main menu you go to edit teams or something, then pick your team, then go to custom tactics and pick all the shit you want. then you assign it to quick tactics. when the game starts just press down on the dpad to bring up your quick tactics and voila. pick your shit

didnt help much but its nice to not have to play all offsides trap

Tf53

woodchuck said:
yeah, i got my friend's 360. I'm not sure what times are good for you since you're all the way in finland.
How's wednesday night for you? I could get up at 7am (GMT+2) to play our games.

Magicked

Hey Cornballer, when do you want to do our match? I'm available pretty much any evening this week, and this weekend looks wide open to me.

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
How's wednesday night for you? I could get up at 7am (GMT+2) to play our games.

wednesday night isn't so good. can we try for either sunday morning or saturday morning? i guess afternoon for you.

Tf53

woodchuck said:
wednesday night isn't so good. can we try for either sunday morning or saturday morning? i guess afternoon for you.
Saturday is better. I'm organizing a school Band Hero competition on Sunday, so that's a no-go.

Top Bottom