• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 X360 - Europa League

sneaky77

fuck that was frustrating.. aghh.. i almost threw my controller against the wall in that 2nd game :lol

Ath. Bilbao 1 Bordeux 3

Shots 12 13
on goal 6 9

0-1 Gorcuff
1-1 Yeste
1-2 Henrique with such a powerful header that no matter how i tried to clear it still went in
1-3 Chamkh to ice it on the 90' when I was pushing everything up.

Also u can do custom tactics.. you just have to set them on the team management offline and add them to your quick tactics. But u cant alter them during the match

sneaky77

woodchuck said:
good games sneaky. you had a lot of great chances in that 2nd game. pretty unlucky with some of those close chances.

maybe in future leagues, we'll go to assisted shooting. semi shooting is fucking tough. i thought at first i didn't notice a difference between last year and this year, but man it's hard.

nah keep it semi assisted shooting.. is more fun, assisted is annoying at least is what I noticed playing online.. someone with Villa scored 3 goals on me from 40 yards out to the upper 90

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:
nah keep it semi assisted shooting.. is more fun, assisted is annoying at least is what I noticed playing online.. someone with Villa scored 3 goals on me from 40 yards out to the upper 90

oh damn. that is a bitch.

and man, i need to mix it up or find a different formation. you were reading most of my passes.

sneaky77

yeah but you had all your players back all the time it was so hard to find a hole.. just like when I played Astro last night.. lol i cant figuer out how to make my players do that.. but not keep falling back and keep the line.. it seems my CB always keeps falling back even with offside trap settings

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Oh cool, I can squeeze in our last game now if you're around.

Oops, I didn't check this thread again last night, so I missed this. After 8:30 or so tonight I'll be around.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Cornballer said:
sneaky - weeknights are probably best for me, too. I'm usually home from work by about 5pm PT, so any time after that should work.

Andres, let me know when you're around, dude.

Yeah money I was just chillin' yesterday. Time change had me fatigued.

Anyway dude tomorrow evening or late tonight would be good if you want to squeeze at least one in. I should be online tonight. While I watch the falcons get annihilated

AndresON777 said:
Anyway dude tomorrow evening or late tonight would be good if you want to squeeze at least one in. I should be online tonight. While I watch the falcons get annihilated
I'll try and track you down tonight once I get home.

sneaky77

At. Bilbao 0 Lyon 1

shots 5 12
on goal 3 6

0-1 Toulalan

I wanna know the secret for an upper 90 shot that hard without sending it 5 feet over like I always seem to do

Haha, that's why I don't wear my headsets for these, too. :lol

Match Deux:

Lyon 0 - 2 Bilbao
Taquero 31', 87'

Shots: 10 7
SOG: 4 3

Seems like you figured me out by the 2nd match, though the red card certainly helped me in the 1st one. :p

sneaky77

Cornballer said:
Haha, that's why I don't wear my headsets for these, too. :lol

Match Deux:

Lyon 0 - 2 Bilbao
Taquero 31', 87'

Shots: 10 7
SOG: 4 3

Seems like you figured me out by the 2nd match, though the red card certainly helped me in the 1st one. :p

yeah in the first one i wasnt doing too bad even with the red card but you pulled that shot outta ur arse lol

First game had the two consecutive shots off the crossbar by me, too. I was worried at that point that I'd never score even though I was up a man.

Tf53

Cornballer said:
Yeah, good games, man. I need to learn how to score on breakaways... :(
Chip the keeper. Either that, or try to aim for the corner, but waggle the stick as you're shooting. That's what did the trick for me.

Tf53

AstroLad said:
tf or magicked--either of you guys around within the next hour?
I'm in school. I can be online Thursday or Friday morning (GMT+2), if you have time to play then.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tf53 said:
I'm in school. I can be online Thursday or Friday morning (GMT+2), if you have time to play then.
Hmmm I work from pretty much 9-9 EST, so shall way say Saturday my morning your afternoon then? I can pretty much play between 10 and 2 EST at least.

Tf53 said:
Chip the keeper. Either that, or try to aim for the corner, but waggle the stick as you're shooting. That's what did the trick for me.
I probably missed 6-8 chips last night, most of them tipped over/wide by the keeper. Don't think I powered it up enough.
woodchuck said:
i've been scoring consistently on breakaways by using the finesse shot
I'll give that a try, but I think I need to shoot earlier because the keeper usually has the angle cut down enough by the time I let it go that they're getting saved. Maybe it was just a bad shooting night for me.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just tap Y on and off to bring the keeper out and then back again. Sometimes you get lucky and cut the angle just right. Then run like all hell with a defender to get the ball.

tf53 guess you're eastern plus 7 I think. I can probably catch you this weekend because I'm usually sleeping when you're on. Just going by your online activity recently.

edit---I think x brings out the keeper on default settings. damn, I never remember the buttons unless I'm holding the controller

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AndresON777 said:
tf53 guess you're eastern plus 7 I think. I can probably catch you this weekend because I'm usually sleeping when you're on. Just going by your online activity recently.
Oh damn that's right. tf53 so I can also probably play in the morning your time like you suggested if that works better

sneaky77

I wish the keeper would not come out unless you told it to.. whats the point of having a button to make him rush out.. if he does anyway.. ugh

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Agreed. They should have another button to make him go back to goal. It seems really random because sometimes he comes out and at other times he doesnt.

Dude seems to come out a helluva lot more in 10 that's for sure.

It also seems like the players give up on balls a lot more than last year too, or maybe it's just more manual and you have to keep on moving your defender in the direction of the ball whereas last year it seemed to be more assisted. idk

sneaky77

AndresON777 said:
Agreed. They should have another button to make him go back to goal. It seems really random because sometimes he comes out and at other times he doesnt.

Dude seems to come out a helluva lot more in 10 that's for sure.

It also seems like the players give up on balls a lot more than last year too, or maybe it's just more manual and you have to keep on moving your defender in the direction of the ball whereas last year it seemed to be more assisted. idk

yeah you have to move your player more.. which is good imo

Tf53

AstroLad said:
Oh damn that's right. tf53 so I can also probably play in the morning your time like you suggested if that works better
How's Thursday 5am GMT? That's Wednesday midnight EST, right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I plan very much on being called both "cheap" and "lucky" in diatribe form following our matches! (i.e., winning)

Tf53

AstroLad said:
I plan very much on being called both "cheap" and "lucky" in diatribe form following our matches! (i.e., winning)
You can count on it! I'll even call you a cheap lucky bastard if you lose. :)

Tf53

AndresON777 said:
Tf53 please do make sure you update to the current rosters this time around for our matches, sir.
I'll make sure to do that
only if it's better for me

Magicked

Sevilla 4 - 0 OM
Shots 12 - 9
SOT 8 - 1

44' Kanoute
50' Fabiano
61' Romaric
74' Fabiano

This is NOT what I expected tonight. :lol

I guess all my shitty games before just exploded on you Astrolad. Sorry! GG though. :)

Edit: Oops, OM, yes. :D

Tf53

Atletico Madrid - Marseille 1 - 1

Shots: 10 - 6
On target: 5 - 1 (lucky cheating cunt ;p)

34' 0 - 1 Niang (lucky shot from 80 yards out)
52' 1 - 1 Forlan (lovely blasted shot trickling through the keeper into the lower right hand corner)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol ggs lots of chances

Marseille 1
Atletico 1

shots 8
shots 10

shots on goal 8
shots on goal 3

Goals: Niang (OM), Forlan (Atletico)

I will take the most-draws crown, no question!

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
Atletico Madrid - Marseille 1 - 1

Shots: 10 - 6
On target: 5 - 1 (lucky cheating cunt ;p)

34' 0 - 1 Niang (lucky shot from 80 yards out)
52' 1 - 1 Forlan (lovely blasted shot trickling through the keeper into the lower right hand corner)

wait. what?

Tf53

Atletico Madrid - Villareal 1 - 3

Shots: 7 - 8
On goal: 5 - 4

9' 0 - 1 Rossi
18' 0 - 2 Nilmar
43' 1 - 2 Forlan
49' 1 - 3 Rossi

Villareal - Atletico Madrid 4 - 2

Shots: 10 - 7
On goal: 7 - 2

18' 1 - 0 Nilmar
27' 1- 1 Aguero
34' 2 - 1 Rossi
39' 2 - 2 Forlan
54' 3 - 2 Santi Cazorla
85' 4 - 2 Antonio Lopez (OG)

Dude, you've got to be the luckiest motherfucker on the planet. You really got some kind of a game genie hooked up. It honestly seemed like you could do no wrong. Passes going through my players, the first goal in the first game, rebounds coming directly to your players in front of an empty net…

You played well, though. My defense just couldn't stop your counter-attacks. I wish we still had custom tactics, 'cos I could've done something about my defensive line mid-game. It sucks to be stuck with pre-determined tactics. I guess I have to put "winning" and "losing" alternatives into my quick tactics.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol

ggs though man I think you were just talking alot so you got distracted and I took advantage.

The first goal in the first game really set the pace. It was an awesome (you say lucky) early cross right at the far post which I headed in and it was lovely.

And yeah it's a golden horseshoe, lol

---lol game genie

woodchuck

Bordeaux 0 - 0 Tottenham

Shots 5 (3) - 6 (1)

ugh. that's two nil-nil draws in a row for me. i need to do something about my formation.

woodchuck

two ugly games N.A :lol

i have no idea how to generate any attack with this team. i can't even turn or do skilled dribbles with these guys. and they get pushed off the ball so easily.

N.A

Banned
Tottenham 0 - 0 Bordeaux

Shots 6 (3) - 6 (2)

I thought the games were okay. Some nice stuff in midfield but good defending.

Top Bottom