• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 11 |OT|

Slizz

Tf53 said:
I see what you're implying, and it's not that funny. While watching your favorite team get success is awesome, there's always the problem of being dubbed a bandwagoner. At least I have my Messi 18 shirt. :lol

It's all good man I feel you, Miami Heat fan here. Lived here all my life and its the only b-ball team to root for here, but now everyone thinks I'm a bandwagoner.

USF said:
335a04h.jpg

Got my copy today!
My friend's game shop (in Bahrain) had 20 copies this morning, I'm sure it's sold out already :lol

Jerk.
Envy.

moai

so what dida ea do prevent the game from getting leaked to pirates? i was laughing my ass yesterday reading complaints from pirates about legit people getting the game first (it's out in chile by the way). first time i see this happening.

-x.Red.x-

NYC-gaf

anyone got theirs yet?

im calling the store which sold KZ2 two days early in queens and they not picking up :(
anyone got their number?
i don't remember do they open sundays?
EDIT: called them, they will have it tomorrow. anyone wants the store pm me

EDIT2: i'll start the ps3 club
names?

mjc

I tried to reserve this four or five days ago at Gamestop but their computers already removed it from the system. I guess they already got their shipment of copies in too...weird considering its not out for another week.

The game is awesome. Been playing since Thursday :D I could never go back to FIFA10. The weight of the players and fighting for position is 10x better than last year.

Possible SGOTY for sure.

psilva

-x.Red.x- said:
NYC-gaf

anyone got theirs yet?

im calling the store which sold KZ2 two days early in queens and they not picking up :(
anyone got their number?
i don't remember do they open sundays?
EDIT: called them, they will have it tomorrow. anyone wants the store pm me

EDIT2: i'll start the ps3 club
names?
Video Games New York (6th and Cooper Square) sold them yesterday (Saturday) but I think they're out.

psilva

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this. FIFA 11 does not have licensed kits for the Brazilian national team. Yes I'm from Brazil so personally that sucks, but come on, I can't be alone here. I mean, Brazil is still a pretty big deal in soccer, right???

psilva said:
Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this. FIFA 11 does not have licensed kits for the Brazilian national team. Yes I'm from Brazil so personally that sucks, but come on, I can't be alone here. I mean, Brazil is still a pretty big deal in soccer, right???

I would say Holland is more of a "big deal" in soccer than Brazil...:D

j/k of course, I don't see why they don't have the kits since they were in the WC2010 game that came out 5 months ago...

psilva

I see how it is.

Anyways, anyone figure out how to add custom audio tracks? I have a feeling I'm being a bit thick here on this one but I can't figure it out.

agaru

I haven't tried it since I don't have the game yet, but make sure to download the "Help Document" folder content and to read the FAQ in the topic link above, and you should be ok.

IGN said:
But best of all the editing options is the ability to alter player's attributes for the first time, which in itself is a neat way of bypassing EA's Live Season service or, in our case, being able to change more neglected lower league teams.

FUCK YES!!!

SumGamer

Just realized that this one allow us to edit real players attributes as well.

Can anyone check if playing rank match will revert the attributes back to default value (ala World Cup 2010) or keep the edited value (ala Fifa10)?

Tf53

Lunchbox said:
what does that mean?

every team is gonna be have 9999999 stats?
It means that you can change the stats for offline games. For example, you can change CRonaldo's speed to 99 and cheese away.

Luckily none of this applies in the online games.

santouras

slightly annoying that it appears you have to burn the chant's to an audio CD for 360 instead of just using a flash drive and mp3 files....

Nyx

Eurogamer 8/10

These changes are all welcome, then, but - to borrow one of EA Sports' favourite phrases - they are not game-changers. Heading back to the pitch, it also feels as though FIFA 11 has taken a natural step forward in a lot of areas, but has lost a bit of its heart in the process. The gameplay changes sound as though they make for a subtler game where knowledge of your players and mastery of the controls are the ultimate currency, but the reality for some players is that matches are a slog.

FIFA 10 may have had zippy sci-fi passing, moments of madness and goals from the halfway line, but you felt like you knew the rules and quirks and the latter gave it a likeable personality. FIFA 11 is more realistic and less predictable than ever, but it turns out this doesn't make it much more fun - instead it results in more situations where the game's margins of error determine the outcome rather than your instinct and logic, where midfield feels clogged up a lot of the time, and where the many genuine improvements EA has made are lost in frustration.

At its best FIFA 11 is enormous fun and brilliantly engineered, but in its battle to be more varied and realistic it has lost some of its momentum, and off the pitch returns are starting to diminish too. Looking ahead, it will be very interesting to see whether the wholesale changes Konami has made for this year's Pro Evolution Soccer bed down quickly enough to close what seemed like a huge gap just 12 months ago - because, against all odds, this one now looks like it could go to extra time.

psilva said:

They dont?, thats strange brazil were kitted right in the world cup game.

Nyx said:

That reads stupid, anyone whos into football wants the game of fifa to be as close to a sim as possible. And the thing about mastering your players and knowing them etc is a big part of getting te best out of them, he uses that as an issue when infact if you want a sim its vital. He says its a slog but thats what makes football so great, if you want end to end sport with non stop action go play nba or some arcade footy game keep that shit out of my sim game thanks. Having played fifa 11 demo and the new pes, pes is still miles away from closeing the gap.

Tf53

supermackem said:
That reads stupid, anyone whos into football wants the game of fifa to be as close to a sim as possible. And the thing about mastering your players and knowing them etc is a big part of getting te best out of them, he uses that as an issue when infact if you want a sim its vital. He says its a slog but thats what makes football so great, if you want end to end sport with non stop action go play nba or some arcade footy game keep that shit out of my sim game thanks.
To be honest, the field is divided into two camps. Some want the more fast-paced variety, while some yearn for a more realistic depiction of the game.

Tf53 said:
To be honest, the field is divided into two camps. Some want the more fast-paced variety, while some yearn for a more realistic depiction of the game.

I think fifa with manual controls is about as close as we have ever got, i cant wait for the full game.

K444WSR

If having greater mastery of the controls and knowledge of the players result in a more cohesive and better gaming experience, then I am all for it. Too many times I've outplayed people all over the pitch in fifa 10, only for them to take advantage of the fact that players like Lampard can score from anywhere on the pitch. The closer to sim we get, the more I like:D

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
footballs a funny sport in that realism means you have just as much potential to play out 10 0-0 bore draws and also for amazing moments of magic.

guess you just have to be good enough.

Tf53

supermackem said:
I think fifa with manual controls is about as close as we have ever got, i cant wait for the full game.
Not in FIFA 10, at least. The biggest problem is the input lag innate in manual controls. I hate having to wait a second or two for the player to let go of the ball.

agaru

K444WSR said:
If having greater mastery of the controls and knowledge of the players result in a more cohesive and better gaming experience, then I am all for it. Too many times I've outplayed people all over the pitch in fifa 10, only for them to take advantage of the fact that players like Lampard can score from anywhere on the pitch. The closer to sim we get, the more I like:D
It's one of the things that stood out to me when playing the demo, and I think it'll be much more prevalent in the full game with the medium and low rated teams. Really, no more crazy accurate long through passes by a CB all the way to the striker. If a player has a low rating for passing or finishing, it will show. Forwards no longer perform amazing sliding tackles as if they're good defenders. Good dribblers are now distinguishable. You need to know every player well and play accordingly. In FIFA 10, you can almost blindly pick any team (within a similar * rating) and follow the same scoring methods you use with a different team and you end up succeeding with no issues.

It's true that since this is a videogame where the gamer takes full charge of every player on the pitch that there should be no intervention from the game to dictate when errors occur, but then that leads to an 'arcadey' experience where once you master the controls, it no longer looks or plays like real football.

And yeah, if we want no or minimal interference from the game to decide errors, then full manual is the fair and safe way to go. But definitely not on assisted.

So, seriously: can someone that likes to play with 1-2-3 stars teams give impressions on the game? All the gamers impressions that i can find are from people that play with 4 to 5 stars, or subtlely imply that.

rvy said:
Oh, dear... that's not so great.

7-10 scale much? If you read the review they pretty much say it's a better game in every area. In their opinion, the extra realism doesn't make it as fun. This is irrelevant if you want and love football simulations.

Bungieware said:
7-10 scale much? If you read the review they pretty much say it's a better game in every area. In their opinion, the extra realism doesn't make it as fun. This is irrelevant if you want and love football simulations.

Yep, that looks like it. The score is for everyone, the game shouldn't.

I haven't heard anything about online (can't read any reviews as i'm blocked in work) is there any extra modes this year. I love fifa, play it almost every day, but there needs to be some sort of 'progression' online, the world cup game done this really well, ahh i suppose i will have to join a league.

Top Bottom