• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

I've been playing this game non-stop lately, it's taking up all of my gaming time. Tonight I will finish up the playoffs in my manager career with Adelaide United. I must conquer the Australian A-League!

Just got a message that my disconnection from last night's Server Maintenance counts as a DNF for me. Way to go
LLShC.gif

Feel like this is 1 step forward, 2 steps back in terms of FIFA. Some great ideas, but the same old issues are still there (and probably will always be there).

What are these issues?

Barge tackling/collision detection
Speed of attackers vastly greater than almost all defenders
Defenders not intelligent enough to know this and adjust starting position to compensate
GKs seemingly have no fingers and parry the vast majority of shots back into dangerous areas
Auto Tackle

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If you can get to 100 chem, you should be able to handle your own against most teams.

Not really, the 100 chemistry doesnt actually affect how your players play. Apparently it only applies to off game stats, such as morale and Fitness. I tried to play with my Bronze 100chem against silver player teams, no chance.

Barge tackling/collision detection
Speed of attackers vastly greater than almost all defenders
Defenders not intelligent enough to know this and adjust starting position to compensate
GKs seemingly have no fingers and parry the vast majority of shots back into dangerous areas

I know these are not true.

Messi can't even outrun a 70 OVR defender, and defenders are super smart.

thaOwner

My record in seasons so far 17-6-33. I have never been this bad at a FIFA game. Having played 10-12, I can say for sure this is fastest FIFA I have played, gameplay wise. Doesn't help that I am currently level 34 and everyone I play is either on my level or slightly higher than me.

Also I hate hate that shitty added stadium effects. Hope it gets patched it sooner rather than later.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My record in seasons so far 17-6-33. I have never been this bad at a FIFA game. Having played 10-12, I can say for sure this is fastest FIFA I have played, gameplay wise. Doesn't help that I am currently level 34 and everyone I play is either on my level or slightly higher than me.

Also I hate hate that shitty added stadium effects. Hope it gets patched it sooner rather than later.

Stadium effect?

BlankaBR

Banned
Dark areas on the pitch during gameplay. You can't even see the freaking ball. Also it rains too frequently in this game. I can't go three games straight without having rain at least twice.
I agree, it rains too much, WTF, every other match rains, I hate playing on the rain it ruins the gameplay, you should be able to choose the weather.STOP RAINING FIFA!!!!

JChalmers

Neo Member
Dark areas on the pitch during gameplay. You can't even see the freaking ball. Also it rains too frequently in this game. I can't go three games straight without having rain at least twice.

Dark Areas on the pitch....think you mean shadows lol.

I do admit though they are a complete ball ache when trying to play. Especially if your team wears a dark kit. Moment they move in there you're fucked trying to find them again!

Anyone had joy with Playing Seasons Online? Or is everyone still stuck in the arena?

AndresON777

shooting blanks

My issue is that even on a default 4-3-3 formation your whole team runs forward to attack! Its awesome but I pay for it on counter attacks. I just have to customize my formation but im lazy.

Not really, the 100 chemistry doesnt actually affect how your players play. Apparently it only applies to off game stats, such as morale and Fitness. I tried to play with my Bronze 100chem against silver player teams, no chance.

Do you realize how huge Morale is for how well your players play? It affects the runs your players make, and the positioning they play into. If you have the coin, grab a second 100 chem bronze team with the exact same players, just without the proper formation and try playing with them compared to your 100 chem team. You'll be amazed at the difference. I can't believe you really think chemistry doesn't matter.

Whenever I've gone up against a Gold team with 100 chem with Team Franzia it has always been competitive.

Toma

Do you realize how huge Morale is for how well your players play? It affects the runs your players make, and the positioning they play into. If you have the coin, grab a second 100 chem bronze team with the exact same players, just without the proper formation and try playing with them compared to your 100 chem team. You'll be amazed at the difference. I can't believe you really think chemistry doesn't matter.

Whenever I've gone up against a Gold team with 100 chem with Team Franzia it has always been competitive.

Not saying its not important at all, but if you are going up against an at least good player with 90+ speed players, it doesnt seem to matter all that much in the end.

Chemistry boosts attributes. Just check the player's attributes during half time or whatever, they'll be 90+ (even bronze/silver players). It's one of the reason's FUT is at Hyperspeed.

I'd say first touches, pass success and chances of players pulling up with injuries totally change when you have higher chem.

There is plenty of speed in the Bronze level of cards. As far as physical attributes goes, I haven't noticed a hindrance in any of the Bronze teams I've ever played with. Yea, watching Ben Arfa streak down the wing on your LB is going to be difficult, but it is a problem at the Gold level too.

I'm really missing The Clockmakers from my FUT last year. I'm going to need to bring them back. <3

Meier

Agree with this. I'm playing as Porto in Manager mode and even against the lower level teams in the Liga, I have trouble running around defenders with Hulk (glad he was still on the team!), Iker Muniain and Joao Moutinho. The defenders have an uncanny knack for poking the ball away as well if I'm making any effort to turn on them or try and go side to side. I feel like the computer's defense is noticeably better this year (unrealistically so).

That is the Auto Tackle, which apparently the other guy said doesn't happen. Dribbling and speed are too separate things, for what it's worth. I'm talking about players who burn after through balls, not try and dribble past people.

Toma

Chemistry boosts attributes. Just check the player's attributes during half time or whatever, they'll be 90+ (even bronze/silver players). It's one of the reason's FUT is at Hyperspeed.

Just did that, no change whatsoever on a 100 Chem Bronze squad.

Kikarian

Is it a must to have Microsoft Points for a good team on FIFA 13? I'm currently using coins at the moment and finding it hard to get a good team...

Bumhead

Banned
Anyone else losing progress in Ultimate Team because of server disconnects?

Just been kicked out of 3 offline matches because of server disconnects, which wouldn't be too much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that doing so wasted contracts. I've just had to waste points replacing some players and waste contracts renewing others because of being kicked out of games through server drops.

Rather frustrating, to say the least.

Is it a must to have Microsoft Points for a good team on FIFA 13? I'm currently using coins at the moment and finding it hard to get a good team...

No. Spending real dolla gets you there faster but everything in Ultimate Team is achievable through in game efforts.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

With 200 points you can get 2 solid gold packs. Or do tournies vs the cpu. The first tourney is on amateur difficulty and will net you almost 3000 coins.

Just buy cheap players in auction after that. 350 per player and you can get solid gold starters.

Anyone else find game speed varies greatly?

Sometimes it feels fast and arcade like, but other times it feels fairly slow and heavy.

Also been getting a lot of stuttering in online matches (PS3)

There also NEEDS to be matchmaking put into FUT - completely takes the strategy out of the game if I build up a careful gold team with lots of chemistry, and get faced against someone with a much weaker team with very little chemistry.

What's the point of building a bronze team if everyone ends up playing everyone?

^^I think it depends on connection. I've found that if I'm hosting then it is much quicker and snappier.

Like Andres stated, don't be afraid to start with 75 overall players. Those cheap players are a jumping off point, and then you can save up coins until you can purchase upgrades. If you find H2H too much, then play the Offline seasons and tournaments. You should net 400-600 coins per match, and that will add up. Also, sell any players you aren't using. No point in saving players unless you have a team using them. You can always purchase them later.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Anyone else find game speed varies greatly?

Sometimes it feels fast and arcade like, but other times it feels fairly slow and heavy.

Also been getting a lot of stuttering in online matches (PS3)

There also NEEDS to be matchmaking put into FUT - completely takes the strategy out of the game if I build up a careful gold team with lots of chemistry, and get faced against someone with a much weaker team with very little chemistry.

What's the point of building a bronze team if everyone ends up playing everyone?

Yeah, i've noticed it for a couple years now. I refer to it as a cold team. Randomly you'll get a game where your team seems to have reduced physical traits all across the board especially in the agility department. It feels especially bad this year. I got it one time in this year's version and hated it so much I haven't played single player again. I generally never encounter it in virtual pro or ultimate team (i think because of morale and chemistry).

Agree with this. I'm playing as Porto in Manager mode and even against the lower level teams in the Liga, I have trouble running around defenders with Hulk (glad he was still on the team!), Iker Muniain and Joao Moutinho. The defenders have an uncanny knack for poking the ball away as well if I'm making any effort to turn on them or try and go side to side. I feel like the computer's defense is noticeably better this year (unrealistically so).

All CPU controlled players are way faster than they should be.

brentech

I haven't played any UT online games. Do you get more coins for those than offline games?

Generally just figure I'm going to get blown out playing online since I in offline games I have to fight for wins on professional currently.
I didn't really play Fifa 12 because something felt off, but had no issues winning on World Class in Fifa 11. Fifa 13 feels good, but I'm not quite up to the skill I'd like to be at.

Even if I drop a majority of games, is it worth playing online instead of all the single-player events?

Ardenyal

Yup, Noticed this during a free kick when changing the kick taker. Almost everyone had 99 FK accuracy, 99 Power, 99 curve.

I haven't played any UT online games. Do you get more coins for those than offline games?

Generally just figure I'm going to get blown out playing online since I in offline games I have to fight for wins on professional currently.
I didn't really play Fifa 12 because something felt off, but had no issues winning on World Class in Fifa 11. Fifa 13 feels good, but I'm not quite up to the skill I'd like to be at.

Even if I drop a majority of games, is it worth playing online instead of all the single-player events?

Yes you get more coins, also I would say the prizes are more valuable so it is worth it even if you lose more matches. Just because you find professional a slog doesn't mean the same applies online, humans are a lot easier to break down than the cpu so you should score more goals.

brentech

Yes you get more coins, also I would say the prizes are more valuable so it is worth it even if you lose more matches. Just because you find professional a slog doesn't mean the same applies online, humans are a lot easier to break down than the cpu so you should score more goals.
Yea, always kind of found that true in previous versions, but was generally better at the game as well.

Either way, will start playing online as well then. Thanks.

First off..i really cant stand the way people play online. In seasons.. Sprints down the endline + cross = goal for them almost every time. I play as Milan and my defenders rarely win headers. Add in the fact that most people i come across play with 5 defenders its just frustrating. I'm in division 3 ATM and wish i was lower so it would be more fun.

As far as UT goes..I'm enjoying it. I haven't bought any packs with real money and here is my current Serie A Super team in progress http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/98436/#

I really don't know how people save up enough money to buy a team with players prices all in the 30K+ range. Every time i get enough coins i buy a 7500 gold packs in hope of someone i can sell off for a pretty penny, no luck. The best I've gotten from a pack is Isla who i use on my RM

First off..i really cant stand the way people play online. In seasons.. Sprints down the endline + cross = goal for them almost every time. I play as Milan and my defenders rarely win headers. Add in the fact that most people i come across play with 5 defenders its just frustrating. I'm in division 3 ATM and wish i was lower so it would be more fun.

As far as UT goes..I'm enjoying it. I haven't bought any packs with real money and here is my current Serie A Super team in progress http://futhead.com/fifa/squads/98436/#

I really don't know how people save up enough money to buy a team with players prices all in the 30K+ range. Every time i get enough coins i buy a 7500 gold packs in hope of someone i can sell off for a pretty penny, no luck. The best I've gotten from a pack is Isla who i use on my RM

People snipe and sell. It's a harsh world in the auction house.

To defend crosses, you need to mark the crosser and block his shot. Auto-blocking is very good. Maybe change up your formation since Milan's not very strong this year.

Feature

Banned

Sounds familiar. I play as brazil in a 4-1-2-3 formation. My crosses NEVER land if theres a defender next to my striker (I thought Hulk was a bit better in the air). So I have to play some sexy samba football which I find much more satisfying than the cross => header goals.

I'm not really opening packs now apart from my free ones I get, but from now on I'll give you guys first refusal on players that will actually help improve your team.

edit - discount gaf/mates rates obv

Toma

Are you guys still getting free stuff? Havent gotten anything for a few days.

Top Bottom