• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Started off 8-0 in seasons then for no other discernible reason besides my team going full retard I lose 6 in a row today.

I'm starting to remember why I sold FIFA 12 early last year.

ElyrionX

Finally won the division one title with man united, got exactly 23 points ..70% of the opponents were real madrid..i feel i got enough here, now i'll move to ultimate team
my record is about 69-16-19 >> not exactly, i forget@@

Mind sharing your formation please? And what do you think of the individual United players?

Any tweaks I should know about for the PC version? And are there any downsides to downsampling in this game? Currently running at a steady 120fps, and the game feels fluid, but looking for more oomph out of the visuals.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is it more likely to get an In Form player in a Premium Gold pack compared to normal gold?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The game freezes every time you are about to finish a season in career mode, what a piece of shit.

Yeah, career mode seems to be highly bugged. Some people couldnt play for more than 5 minutes. Just curious, which platform? Most reports I saw so far were from PC I think.

ta9qi

Mind sharing your formation please? And what do you think of the individual United players?
sure
my formation is 4-4-2 Diamond wide
----------------------De gea---------------------
Rafael-----Ferdinand-----vidic--------evra----
---------------------scholes-----------------------
-----nani-------------------------valencia-------
---------------------kagawa---------------------
---------van persie---------rooney-------------

the only player that seems a weak point against strong teams is scholes (you can change him with carrick) but i like his powerful shoots..also the defenders are a bit slow when a superheroes like ronaldo or banzema get a long passes (L1+Triangle), so they need a steady focus..
the attackers are high class and they're good on the ground&at the head shots..also kagawa is a great play maker..
btw this was the goal that get me the title..was the last match in minute 80
http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/137708525

elsk

Banned
Yeah, career mode seems to be highly bugged. Some people couldnt play for more than 5 minutes. Just curious, which platform? Most reports I saw so far were from PC I think.

Xbox 360 here. First I created a career with Houston Dynamo, just after the last play-off match the game freezes. So I created a new career mode in 2.Bundesliga and now it freezes when I'm about to finish the last day of the season.

Toma

Yes, you get 3 rare cards compared to 1 and it only costs 50% more

Ah, the IF players basically replace a rare card? I thought every player that is IF would be an in form player during his IF week in those packs.

Toma

Damn, I really need to find a better german striker :( Decent and fast german strikers are so fucking expensive, though.

fenners

So I've end up with the badge for Glasgow Rangers in FUT. Rangers got bombed out the SPL into the Third Division, which isn't in FIFA at all as far as I can tell. I can't see Rangers in the list of clubs in the web-app, so I can't search for other examples of the badge etc, so I can't see what it trades for.

Anyone else seen Rangers kit/badges/players?

Yo. I'm live streaming the Gaf PC Pro Clubs! I'm doing it at www.livestream.com/problematicgamer

It won't be as good quality as yesterday.

So I've end up with the badge for Glasgow Rangers in FUT. Rangers got bombed out the SPL into the Third Division, which isn't in FIFA at all as far as I can tell. I can't see Rangers in the list of clubs in the web-app, so I can't search for other examples of the badge etc, so I can't see what it trades for.

Anyone else seen Rangers kit/badges/players?

They are in the rest of the world section.

Toma

Oooooh, I found a rare Eto'o card in a premium pack, guess I'll play with him instead of a so-so german striker, haha. Also is there any point to rare position/formation modfier cards? I saw that they seem to be more expensive in the AH.

Meier

Oooooh, I found a rare Eto'o card in a premium pack, guess I'll play with him instead of a so-so german striker, haha. Also is there any point to rare position/formation modfier cards? I saw that they seem to be more expensive in the AH.

I think it's just because stuff like 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 is more useful in the real world (and common) so people are more likely to want to use them if they get a great player in a different formation.

I gave in and bought some FIFA bux last night and bought two of the 150 point packs.. got an Ashley Young if anyone is interested. Most of the rest was shit though, sadly.

Toma

I think it's just because stuff like 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 is more useful in the real world (and common) so people are more likely to want to use them if they get a great player in a different formation.

I gave in and bought some FIFA bux last night and bought two of the 150 point packs.. got an Ashley Young if anyone is interested. Most of the rest was shit though, sadly.

No I mean, a RARE/SPARKLING formation modifier. Those were more expensive on the AH, for whatever reason.

Meier

No I mean, a RARE/SPARKLING formation modifier. Those were more expensive on the AH, for whatever reason.

To clarify, from what I noticed last night when I went to sell one that I got is that the rare/sparkling cards seemed to correspond with the 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 formations typically. I didn't notice any in those that weren't the rare kind but I might have just missed them.

Toma

To clarify, from what I noticed last night when I went to sell one that I got is that the rare/sparkling cards seemed to correspond with the 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 formations typically. I didn't notice any in those that weren't the rare kind but I might have just missed them.

Ah, that would make more sense. I thought the non-rare cheaper cards would simply be already sold out, which is why I only saw the "rare" ones.

Eto'o is playing well for me, he drops back for me a fair bit maybe it's my formation? (433) good shot on him, weak foot isn't great though.

You can sell him for a lot of coins, and then by a striker that will fit your team. Also the rare formation cards are all 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, and other common formations.

Linius

Only 8, which is embarrassing since I finished in Div 4 last year

I got promoted to division eight this very afternoon and started with a 2-1 loss followed by a 2-2 draw. I started division nine with two consecutive losses but ended up with the division title. Sometimes you gotta bite trough the frustration and just keep playing. When I'm angry with the game I almost always lose :p

Toma

You can sell him for a lot of coins, and then by a striker that will fit your team. Also the rare formation cards are all 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, and other common formations.

I'd get about 20k for him, and the ones I would like start at 35k, more like 50-60k. Meh. I'll play him for now, maybe I'll find another expensive player down the line and swap them for the german ones I want. German players are so overpriced :(

I got promoted to division eight this very afternoon and started with a 2-1 loss followed by a 2-2 draw. I started division nine with two consecutive losses but ended up with the division title. Sometimes you gotta bite trough the frustration and just keep playing. When I'm angry with the game I almost always lose :p

Yeah I was playing with fire once I lost 3 games in a row. I'm just goin to take a break and watch the LoL championships, haha

Toma

I just needed some quick buck for a formation change and let a rest team (crappy 52 value players) battle it out in an SP cup game against Barcelona without me playing, while I do other stuff. I expected them to lose horribly, but now its the 85th minute and Barcelona (on professional), hasnt scored once.

Hahahahaha.

No one playing is better than me playing T____T

Edit: Yep, game ended. Draw, now extra time. Haha.

Fry

Why are so many people complaining about the pace of the game (especially online) over at the EA forum?

Is it really way too fast?

Toma

Woot Just got Eto'o. Should i sell or should i keep?!.. decisions. decisions..

Got him too! He is a beast, lol. Have him on a team with 10 german players and him up front. Guy is crazy fast and has an amazing shot. If you want to sell, you'd probably get about 20k though.

^^Markets are different on Xbox and PS3 http://futhead.com/fifa/players/236/#.UG38X66Qkio

Although, Eto'o is still going for less than what I thought he would.

Why are so many people complaining about the pace of the game (especially online) over at the EA forum?

Is it really way too fast?

I don't think so. I find it no different than 12 at least. The problem is the kids complaining are bad at running fast in the game, and are losing to people who are good at going fast. You can have slow build up and still be strong offensively, and defending against the speed isn't hard, you just need to concentrate and know what your doing (although you still will concede goals because you can't keep up on occassion).

Toma

I don't think so. I find it no different than 12 at least. The problem is the kids complaining are bad at running fast in the game, and are losing to people who are good at going fast. You can have slow build up and still be strong offensively, and defending against the speed isn't hard, you just need to concentrate and know what your doing (although you still will concede goals because you can't keep up on occassion).

Haha, was about to ask :p

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Started off 8-0 in seasons then for no other discernible reason besides my team going full retard I lose 6 in a row today.

I'm starting to remember why I sold FIFA 12 early last year.

same shit happened to me. I started off good but I've been utter shit the last 2 days.

this game is so frustrating some times

Toma

^^Markets are different on Xbox and PS3 http://futhead.com/fifa/players/236/#.UG38X66Qkio

Although, Eto'o is still going for less than what I thought he would.

Holy crap. Those differences:

Marco Reus:
PS3 39,187
Xbox 22,049

Mario Götze
PS3 24,000
Xbox 13,604

Thomas Müller
Xbox 6,701
PC 14,341

Phillip Lahm
PS3 40,000
Xbox 30,245
PC 18,500

Jesus...

...Navas
PS3 25,500
Xbox 17,112
PC 14,372

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Love the game but find it strange that the EA Sports part at the beginning lags, is it happening to anyone else?

I wonder if it's because it's installed (in my case anyway). I remember tiger woods ran like shit a couple of years back if you installed it on the hdd

robertoci

I wonder if it's because it's installed (in my case anyway). I remember tiger woods ran like shit a couple of years back if you installed it on the hdd

Could be the case as mines installed aswell, oh well luckily it's the only thing that is lagging in the game! Servers have been good for me so far!

kvn

Does anybody else get locked frequently on the loading screen when playing seasons online? This is fucking annoying, because I have to quit the game each time this happens, and it happened twice yesterday :/

This game needs a patch.

1349387286-clip-159kb.jpg

Division 4.

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Does anybody else get locked frequently on the loading screen when playing seasons online? This is fucking annoying, because I have to quit the game each time this happens, and it happened twice yesterday :/

This game needs a patch.
Happens to me as well. Very annoying.

It also rather frequently happens that it loads into the match and immediately after it's done loading I get a disconnect.

Toma

Omgomgomgomg, finally made it to the UT Online Gold cup finals.

I used a few cards I was keeping back on my team, and I now have 2 99 Shooting strikers and a bit faster players in my team, lol. Eto'o now has 91 Pace and 99 Shooting, dayum.

Gotta bomb his goal!

Oh god, please. I want to win that thing, haha.

fenners

You cant play UT offline. Always connected to the servers.

But you /can/ play against the AI instead of other players. Just have to be connected online. There are fake leagues & competitions against AI teams of various skills - essentially all the UT player vs player competitions mirrored against AI.

Top Bottom