• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

I'm not really opening packs now apart from my free ones I get, but from now on I'll give you guys first refusal on players that will actually help improve your team.

edit - discount gaf/mates rates obv

I'm with you, Oktoberfest!!! is good enough to play with, and I'll just save until I get like 500,000 and then start building a new team with it.

TOTW 3rd - 10th Oct

GK: René Adler, Hamburger SV - 81>82
LB: Monreal, Málaga CF - 79>80
LWB: Benoît Trémoulinas, Girondins Bordeaux - 76>77
CB: Pepe, Real Madrid - 85>86
LM: Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund - 84>85
RM: Juan Mata, Chelsea - 86>87
LM: Gareth Bale, Tottenham Hotspur - 85>86
LW: Dries Mertens, PSV - 79>81
ST: Fabrizio Miccoli, Palermo - 82>83
ST: Claudiu Keserü, Angers SCO - 68>71
ST: Luis Suárez, Liverpool - 86>87

SUBS

GK: Diego Cavalieri, Fluminense - 78>79
CB: Matthew Connolly, Cardiff City - 69>71
CAM: Alexander Meier, Eintracht Frankfurt - 74>74
CAM: Sinha, Toluca - 74>74
ST: Emile Sinclair, Peterborough United - 63>64
ST: Mustapha Durak, Chamois Niortais FC - 58>64
ST: Habib Habibou, SV Zulte-Waregem - 67>70

Trémoulinas has switched from LB to LWB
Reus has switched from CF to LM
Mata has switched from CAM to RM
Suárez has switched from CF to ST
Habibou has switched from LW to ST

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#gGqR7EBghSH:360

Meier

Cool, I have Monreal. Does that mean his rating is permanently changed or is it just this week while he is in the TOTW?

ElyrionX

Just got promoted to Division 7 in Seasons. Now to fight for the Division 8 title with four more games left. My record is 13-3-18. So far, it's been a total blast to play. This is easily the best FIFA I've played since converting from PES to FIFA 10. The one-touch system is amazing and really adds a bit of randomness to the game just like real life football. The attacking intelligence is more than just a marketing term. At least, players are making intelligent runs forward and AI-controlled teammates are no longer doing absurd things like jumping over a rebounding ball in the face of an open goal.

My only complaint is that the foul system still needs work. I hardly ever use the standing or sliding tackle buttons and yet I gave away two penalties in five games for no good reason at all. The game doesn't even show the replay of the fouls that led to the penalties. Utterly ridiculous. What's worse is that I've seen my opponents get away with all kinds of shit all over the pitch. Tackles from behind that don't ever see the ball don't even get called, let alone get carded.

Oh, and the commentary is getting really stale.

Dragnet

My only complaint is that the foul system still needs work. I hardly ever use the standing or sliding tackle buttons and yet I gave away two penalties in five games for no good reason at all. The game doesn't even show the replay of the fouls that led to the penalties. Utterly ridiculous. What's worse is that I've seen my opponents get away with all kinds of shit all over the pitch. Tackles from behind that don't ever see the ball don't even get called, let alone get carded.

Oh, and the commentary is getting really stale.

Absolutely, the foul recognition feels like it's gone back a few steps. I've had a bit of a different experience, I never get ANY fouls given. The amount of absolute, stonewall penalties I should of had is UNBELIEVABLE. Maybe it's just because I play as Liverpool :p

And yeah, the commentary sucks. Feels really binary this year. You either dominate, or really suck according to the commentators. Just now I had a great game, was 3-0 down at half time and came back almost to draw finishing 3-2. Dominated the second half and didn't do too bad the first half, 2 of his goals were insanely lucky. But no, despite my valiant efforts and slick football, it was still a 'poor performance' and 'rusty'.

iFootball

PS3 Fifa Players

Join GAF's PS3 Club... we definitely welcome new people!... we've been trying to play together everyday based on who's online, and we would love to have more players... newcomers and experts all welcomed!, it would just be nice to have more people at the same time... Club is very relaxed, people come in & out depending on their schedule, so its open for everyone and we have a great time.

Edit: I should add that every year I used to tend to stick to H2H "seasons"
and I basically ignore Career, Manager, UT, etc. lol... every single year
, but trying out GAF's Club this year has been very refreshing playing as a team with GAF... even if we loose lol

God I suck at this game, but it's probably the most addicted I've ever been to a sports title.

Finally got promoted the other day in Seasons and made it as high as Division 8 - but was relegated back to Division 9 after losing a bunch of consecutive games.

Ugh, so frustrating yet so fun.

Since I started using Belgium on seasons I've been on a massive win streak, if you're struggling for a win try this side 4-2-3-1 regular, they've been unstoppable for me.

---------------------Courtois----------------------

Alderweireld--Kompany--Vermaelen--Vertonghen

-----------------Fellaini-----Witsel------------------

----Hazard-----------Dembele-----------Mertens---

-----------------------Mirralas----------------------

Just paid £6.49 for FIFA Points and didn't receive any. I was annoyed when I got 10 DNF's on release day after finishing matches but this involves money so I'm really pissed off at EA just now. To make things worse I phoned them and the guy said they have known about the issue for a week, why if they knew about the issue with points did they not disable people buying them?

EA were being greedy I bet.

Things have been going pretty well I think for being a first time FIFA player. I have been messing around in UT almost exclusively. I've opened a few packs but mostly just been spending the coins I earned.

I've made three teams, though so far I have only played with my bronze team. I put together separate all-MLS teams for bronze and silver. I've only lost a couple of games as the bronze team and even handled the TotW easily though it was on the amateur level.

This is my bronze teamL http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#e2kTITwchOF:360

My silver: http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#iYviKm6winv:360

And my LA Galaxy team: http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#jEVWOffVinH:360

I was stuck at 96 chemistry with the Galaxy team but then added a manager and went to 100. Any idea if Christian Wilhelsson is in the game? I have had no luck finding him in the auction house. Oh, and why am I at a 70 rating when I think pretty much the same team is rated higher in the regular part of the game?

I'm thinking of doing something similar for Barclay Premier League but a lot of those players are way expensive.

Won division 6 league title with style:

fifa132012-10-0401-37wiaau.png

Won all league titles so far, on to division 5...

fifa132012-10-0401-3785opk.png

Does anyone here play the PC version? How does FIFA 13 stand up against FIFA 12 with all the gameplay mods?

There are a lot of PC GAF users.

PC has been on parity with PS3 and 360, so you can check out any review between the three platforms. I think the game modes are better in general.

Hixx

God this game. Had a stinker tonight, started with 3 losses on the bounce - the last one was against a lad playing Villa and I fucking battered him but every time he shot he scored. Was about to sack it off for the night but "one more go...", played a Mag, scored in the 4th minute and he quit. Sad Mag.

One more go again...

Then got another Mag who was playing as Swansea... won 6-0. Glorious - he even sent me a message saying he'd never been outplayed like that before. I usually get grief off Mags so that was nice. Next game beat Marseille 5-0.

In Division 5, need to win my last game to not get relegated... never been relegated in '12 or '13 yet, feels bad man.

God this game. Had a stinker tonight, started with 3 losses on the bounce - the last one was against a lad playing Villa and I fucking battered him but every time he shot he scored. Was about to sack it off for the night but "one more go...", played a Mag, scored in the 4th minute and he quit. Sad Mag.

One more go again...

Then got another Mag who was playing as Swansea... won 6-0. Glorious - he even sent me a message saying he'd never been outplayed like that before. I usually get grief off Mags so that was nice. Next game beat Marseille 5-0.

In Division 5, need to win my last game to not get relegated... never been relegated in '12 or '13 yet, feels bad man.

Damn I must reallyyyyy suck.

Got relegated from Division 8 back down to Division 9.

Hurt like hell.

ta9qi

Finally won the division one title with man united, got exactly 23 points ..70% of the opponents were real madrid..i feel i got enough here, now i'll move to ultimate team
my record is about 69-16-19 >> not exactly, i forget@@

Meier

pc gaf is livestreaming our online clubs games

http://www.twitch.tv/mcgooook

Watch as we fight relegation for the...4th season in a row

Whoever is green right now (Fellaini looking guy) just made an absolutely glorious pass.

Edit: OH SHIT! What a win. Great comeback by Believe FC to beat Reddit FC.. Bollock looks to be the Fellaini lookalike and he managed to get the gamewinner.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ps3 gaf reporting in, we achieved promotion to division 6 with the wonderful streak of 5 wins in a row.
Seems we are getting a bit better, after not winning 8 games in a row, lol.

Whoever is green right now (Fellaini looking guy) just made an absolutely glorious pass.

Edit: OH SHIT! What a win. Great comeback by Believe FC to beat Reddit FC.. Bollock looks to be the Fellaini lookalike and he managed to get the gamewinner.

Bollock is iNvid02.

G.Newell

Our small pro club ( Heskey FC) had a good game vs the GAF team. We quickly realised afro head was the best player and tried to keep the ball away from him, and we had a very nervy 90+ scramble in our box but i feel we did alright since there where only two of us.

Does having a pro keeper make a big difference?

adelante

Damn I must reallyyyyy suck.

Got relegated from Division 8 back down to Division 9.

Hurt like hell.

Same here, I BARELY made it to Div 6 last night (needed at least a draw from my last game). It came to point where I simply couldn't go further with Spurs, what with people beating me using United, City, Madrid, Barca, etc so I finally saw some progress when I picked City :| Then again, after a slew of losses and frustrations, I started playing at a more deliberate pace, with a slower build-up play and less first touch passing (which I relied on in the first few divisions)...that actually helped.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

One more go again...

damn son. Are you on xbox I want to play?

Top Bottom